Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
pchaney
Proud new owner of a 2008 Redline and I have an issue with the chrome hood vents. It appears the chrome is bubbling. Has anyone else had this issue? Is the only solution to replace them? If so, where can I get them?
Thanks, Paul Forehead Nose Glasses Skin Chin

·
Registered
822 Posts
pchaney
Proud new owner of a 2008 Redline and I have an issue with the chrome hood vents. It appears the chrome is bubbling. Has anyone else had this issue? Is the only solution to replace them? If so, where can I get them?
Thanks, Paul View attachment 119424
Hello Paul,
Replacements have been readily available on EBay and if you search the forum some members have blacked out the chrome on them.

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
I quickly learned that you can "bubble" the chrome if not careful removing the hood vents. Maybe a previous owner removed them for some reason.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Welcome Paul! We too recently picked up the '08 Redline. Same issue with the bubbling chrome vents. Trying to decide what to do. Thought about blacking them out but would like to keep close to the original look. Our interior door openers are both missing about half their chrome. Thinking I will black those out if I can't find the replacements. Best of luck to you!

Jaime

·
Registered
366 Posts
For you guys looking at that bubbling chrome on the Vents, there is a very nice set on Etsy

You may need to cut something.... but the look.wpuld be worth it.

·
Premium Member
08 Redline. RPM"s CAI, charge pipes, Intercooler, CAT delete & ECM Tune. DIY tunnel brace. ProBeam.
213 Posts
Welcome from MI!
I was able to get new vents for my sky when I had the same problem of crummy looking vent covers. Pretty easy to replace, actually.

Open hood Remove the hood blanket
Remove the two Pawl nuts (I think that is what they are called) from each vent.m if they are installed
Relieve vents. I used a heat gun to soften up the tape the old vents are held down with and they peeled right up with some of a plastic trim removal tool.
Clean the surface with isopropyl alcohol.
My replacement vent covers were new, so they had factory applied tape. Stick ‘‘em down, and install the two nuts to keep them in place. If your two current vents don’t have the nuts (mine only had one installed on each) you can find them at your hardware store. Without the nuts, your vent will likely start to peel up due to the curvature of the hood.
Re install the blanket and close the hood.
Stand back and admire your handy work then go drive around showing off your new stuff.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome from MI!
I was able to get new vents for my sky when I had the same problem of crummy looking vent covers. Pretty easy to replace, actually.

Open hood Remove the hood blanket
Remove the two Pawl nuts (I think that is what they are called) from each vent.m if they are installed
Relieve vents. I used a heat gun to soften up the tape the old vents are held down with and they peeled right up with some of a plastic trim removal tool.
Clean the surface with isopropyl alcohol.
My replacement vent covers were new, so they had factory applied tape. Stick ‘‘em down, and install the two nuts to keep them in place. If your two current vents don’t have the nuts (mine only had one installed on each) you can find them at your hardware store. Without the nuts, your vent will likely start to peel up due to the curvature of the hood.
Re install the blanket and close the hood.
Stand back and admire your handy work then go drive around showing off your new stuff.

Sounds great. Where did you get your new vent covers?............Paul

·
Premium Member
08 Redline. RPM"s CAI, charge pipes, Intercooler, CAT delete & ECM Tune. DIY tunnel brace. ProBeam.
213 Posts
Sounds great. Where did you get your new vent covers?............Paul
Someone had a new in box pair they were advertising on this forum last year (2021 spring). Snapped them up pronto!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts