Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I ended up purchasing the ATOTO SA102 starter HU today. It was super cheap ($145 on Amazon) and has native carplay which is primarily what it will be used for. It has positive reviews overall, as well as ATOTO it's self, and it will be a good test HU to add the BT and the backup camera and also see sound quality. I of course also purchased the Axxess SWC, Axxess GMOS-LAN-04 wiring interface, antenna adapter, and the Metra double din adapter in silver (another $150 on Amazon). I went with the silver because it looks like it's already painted and that should take the gloss black paint I'm going to do better than the textured black one. I'm going to try and do the install this weekend and I will report back on the results. It's not the factory look I wanted, but I've seen enough aftermarket HU's now that the look has grown on me.

·
Super Moderator
6,107 Posts
I have the Atoto A6 in one of mine, and really like it. I did not need a steering wheel controls adaptor.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I have the Atoto A6 in one of mine, and really like it. I did not need a steering wheel controls adaptor.
Actually John, when you posted a few months back about having the Atoto is when I started looking into them. I finally stumbled across the SA102 and decided I didn't really want or need all of the features the A6 had so I went with the SA102 as it's really just a car stereo vs a tablet. However, all of the reviews of the Atoto brand overall made me feel a lot more confident to give it a shot vs dropping 4 or 5 times the price on a high end brand that I didn't really like the way it looked or performed.

I did see it was compatible with SWC, but I wasn't sure if it came with any kind of interface or adapter so I picked up the Axxess ASWC-1. If I don't need it then cool, I can always return it to Amazon.

·
Super Moderator
6,107 Posts
Mine (the A6) has the analog input that connects directly to the wires from the switches.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts