Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
Nice! Is this a standard size, or are there screens that take up the entire space (no bezel)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
5,878 Posts
I have not seen a non-GM option that does not require a bezel.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I also installed my new radio yesterday. I purchased the complete package from Crutchfield including all of the harnesses and adapters. One suggestion, buy the prewired harness option. It will save you a bunch of time and makes the install basically plug & play. The steering wheel control adapter took a bit of time to understand and program, but after several attempts it recognized the radio and everything works great including the chimes.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,878 Posts
Did you do a backup camera also?
Yes. And a front camera.
I also installed my new radio yesterday. I purchased the complete package from Crutchfield including all of the harnesses and adapters. One suggestion, buy the prewired harness option. It will save you a bunch of time and makes the install basically plug & play. The steering wheel control adapter took a bit of time to understand and program, but after several attempts it recognized the radio and everything works great including the chimes.
The one I have doesn't require an adapter for the SWC, it is built-in.

·
Super Moderator
5,878 Posts
Which radio did you purchase?
The radio is an Atoto A6.

Does your prewired harness have RCA plugs for the audio connections to the radio? If it does, can you give me the part number?

·
Registered
172 Posts
The radio is an Atoto A6.

Does your prewired harness have RCA plugs for the audio connections to the radio? If it does, can you give me the part number?
It did not. Just the hard wire connections. Looking at the number of connections that the Crutchfield tech had to make putting the harness together, the $25 was well worth the time and reading diagrams it would have taken me!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had mine professionally installed. Looked like way too much work for me.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had mine professionally installed. Looked like way too much work for me.
I guess I have had my dash apart so many times I didn't give it a second thought about tackling this job. Also having the pre-made harness made the job pretty easy. When you look at some of the work other members on this forum have tackled, I couldn't imagine not at least trying to do somethings on my own. Don't get me wrong, I'm not about to rip and engine out but with so:willy: many helpful and knowledgeable members here, I at least feel comfortable doing the smaller projects on my own with their assistance.

·
Registered
104 Posts
That looks like the JVC I'm planning to install in mine. Can you list the part #'s for the harnesses, and adapters that you purchased for this project?

·
Registered
172 Posts
That looks like the JVC I'm planning to install in mine. Can you list the part #'s for the harnesses, and adapters that you purchased for this project?
The radio is JVC-KW-R930BTS, Metra Antenna adapter 40-CR10, Metra Dash mount kit 95-3302, Axxess ASWC-1 Steering Wheel Control Adapter, Axxess GMOS-LAN-04 Wiring interface and I also purchased the Crutchfield Ready Harness Service. It basically makes the swap plug & play and saves you tons of time. The price of the harness service is $25.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts