Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello SKY people,
We just got our SKY last week, after I spent a good 4 hours on the phone trying to find one in the color and having some other features we wanted.
The wind screen was one of the options that we wanted, but was told by the salesman that they are not offering it yet because there are problems they have not worked out with it. I wanted to know if that is really the case, or if he just had some other reason for not ordering it and having it installed. We wanted it because we thought it would help lesson the air turbulence while driving with the top down. Does anybody here actually have one, or is it really not being offered? I would also like to know if it really serves a function, is it removable, and does it make visibility even worse than it already is with the top up?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

·
Registered
248 Posts
I have the aftermarket Kappasphere windscreen ... and I like it. I does help with the cockpit turbulence below ~50mph ... and it looks like it is part of the car ... very attractive ... I personally did not like the look of the Saturn windscreen ... but "to each his own"

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the aftermarket Kappasphere windscreen ... and I like it. I does help with the cockpit turbulence below ~50mph ... and it looks like it is part of the car ... very attractive ... I personally did not like the look of the Saturn windscreen ... but "to each his own"
Thank you for the reply bubbacc. Where can I find the one you are referring to?

·
Registered
18,039 Posts
if u want an image with LED lights and that is the nicer of the 2, use Robert in Texas....u will love what he can do...he is a real artist. He is a supporting vendor on this forum....look for windrestrictor

·
Registered
255 Posts
StevieB----I also have the Kappasphere windscreen and love it. Most of my driving is less than 70 mph in the local area. At low speeds (like previously stated) a windscreen doesn't make a whole lot of difference. However, it really looks cool on the Sky and looks like it came from Saturn with it installed.
IMHO I would recommend you buy the Kappasphere windscreen.

Larry

·
Registered
945 Posts
for a custom outfitter in the Cleveland Ohio area...PM me...I do not believe he is a supporting vendor even though he has "Kappa" in his title

he makes them in colors too...so you can have a blue one with your Bluestone !!!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
and best thing about the aftermarket ones is that they are about 100 bucks. The GM one is around 300 if I'm not mistaken.

the aftermarket ones also use pre-existing mounting hardware... so no holes need to be drilled unlike the GM one.

all are removable.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
and best thing about the aftermarket ones is that they are about 100 bucks. The GM one is around 300 if I'm not mistaken.

the aftermarket ones also use pre-existing mounting hardware... so no holes need to be drilled unlike the GM one.

all are removable.
:agree: :agree: You are correct usmc, the saturn WS, they do drill holes to install, that does not attract me, just like the spoiler--more holes--not for me--:nono: Small correction on prices tho, it depends, it would be safer to say starting at $100 & up :thumbs: I went ahead and ordered the windrestricter from Robert--In fact that should be coming home soon--:D I believe it has already been etched--I will always look to this sites vendor supporters for stuff I am looking to buy first.
MB

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Both the Kappasphere wind screen and Robert's www.windrestrictor.com are made for this car and look great. :thumbs:

I went with Robert's windrestrictor because he can etch whatever design or message you want on it and you have the option of which color lights and when you want them to come on (with brakes, with running lights or only at the flip of a switch). :cool:

Both sell a clear that are professional and you should check out each website and choose. You cannot go wrong with either and once again it is your choice.:confused:

What a great country! :patriot:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Find no need

After driving >870 miles most at speeds betwwen 65-80 mph -- never encountered enough wind turbulence and or noise to make exploring something like this worthwhile. Side windows up -- very little wind.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Despite the need or not, some of the custom ones done by windrestrictor are pretty sweet. Really makes the car stand out (as if it didn't already)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hello SKY people,
We just got our SKY last week, after I spent a good 4 hours on the phone trying to find one in the color and having some other features we wanted.
The wind screen was one of the options that we wanted, but was told by the salesman that they are not offering it yet because there are problems they have not worked out with it. I wanted to know if that is really the case, or if he just had some other reason for not ordering it and having it installed. We wanted it because we thought it would help lesson the air turbulence while driving with the top down. Does anybody here actually have one, or is it really not being offered? I would also like to know if it really serves a function, is it removable, and does it make visibility even worse than it already is with the top up?

Thanks in advance,

Steve
I also have the kappasphere screen and I think it adds something to the car.

·
Registered
388 Posts
StevieB- I have both the GM windscreen and the Kappasphere windscreen. The dealer added on the GM one without our permission so we ended up with our car having 2 holes drilled on the car. :mad: We didn't like the look so we bought the clear see through kind. I have done my own personal tests between the 2.
Without them, windows rolled up- need to tie my hair back. Hats seem to want to fly off. Hair whips around face. Wind turbulence goes up the middle and swirls around to the door and then back to left arm.

Gm windscreen, windows up- Still tie hair back. Hair whips around face, not as much. Hats seem to want to fly off, not as much. Wind turbulence goes up the middle but doesn't seem to swirl around to left arm. Don't care for look- takes away from sexy lines of car.

Clear acrylic/lexan type- Still tie hair back. Hair doesn't whip around face as much. Hat doesn't seem to want to fly off. Wind turbulence still goes up the middle but less than GM's in the cockpit.

Results: get the clear kind because they offer better wind restriction than GM's.

·
Registered
295 Posts
marklynn that looks great...

·
Registered
197 Posts
StevieB- I have both the GM windscreen and the Kappasphere windscreen. The dealer added on the GM one without our permission so we ended up with our car having 2 holes drilled on the car. :mad: We didn't like the look so we bought the clear see through kind. I have done my own personal tests between the 2.
Without them, windows rolled up- need to tie my hair back. Hats seem to want to fly off. Hair whips around face. Wind turbulence goes up the middle and swirls around to the door and then back to left arm.

Gm windscreen, windows up- Still tie hair back. Hair whips around face, not as much. Hats seem to want to fly off, not as much. Wind turbulence goes up the middle but doesn't seem to swirl around to left arm. Don't care for look- takes away from sexy lines of car.

Clear acrylic/lexan type- Still tie hair back. Hair doesn't whip around face as much. Hat doesn't seem to want to fly off. Wind turbulence still goes up the middle but less than GM's in the cockpit.

Results: get the clear kind because they offer better wind restriction than GM's.
Thanks for the comparison. I have the GM screen and was trying to decide whether to add one of the clear plastic varieties.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts