Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my sky today I CAN'T WAIT they said it would be 5-6 months to get it though. Just wanted to say hello to everyone and this site rocks.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Welcome! Join all of us here in the looney bin:willy: ! There is a lot of good information here.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Welcome aboard!
5-6 months ... At least they did not try to tell you that it would be here in 4-6 weeks :lol:
How much do you know about the ordering process?
There are many good threads detailing what goes on. Not to cast doubt on your experience - but hearing the 5-6 month warning makes me believe you have not ordered your car yet. You have secured yourself a spot to order a car. The confirmation of an order is an order number (usually three letters then three numbers -- like in my signature). That means your order is actually in. The status codes (3000 etc) tell you what stage you are at. All this information is through your dealer (whoever is handling the SKY orders - most of us here find that is the General Manager). If you ask he/she should give you the information. For instance I get an update once a week.

Good luck -- :thumbs:
Tell us about your dream SKY :driving:
Color?
Equipment??

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
superfryguy said:
I just ordered my sky today I CAN'T WAIT they said it would be 5-6 months to get it though. Just wanted to say hello to everyone and this site rocks.
I agree with Rick, You probably have not actually placed an order but the dealer wrote up what is normally referred to as a order work sheet, where they take your preferences for the options you want and then take your down payment. That will put you in line to buy one when they get enough images to get to your name... One Important note, Did you make sure that they put on there the total MSRP and that it will be sold at MSRP or less? Make sure they put that on the agreement, and have the general manager sign it, not just the sales person...

What options did you get? are you on the list for a redline?

Believe me I waited for mine from June 2005 till late march 2006 and it is definately worth the wait...

·
Registered
266 Posts
Welcome superfryguy! I was never welcomed, so I thought I too would step up with the other welcoming folks of this gang.
This is a fun group with lots of info, tears and jeers, and although it takes a while to be accepted by some, there are many that respond quickly and helpfully to questions. Us newbies will eventually win the hearts of all of the special older members, and a good time will be had by all.
Congrats on your plunge...with a small suggestion...this is an emotional quest...I have fallen, at times, into the 'panic' seeing cars held up on 'posts' and not having any info on the arrival date. I have sometimes let the panic of others sway me into an anxious state. It will arrive all in good time. Good things come to those that wait. Having said that, I must tell you that I threw in the towel and am taking a car other than what I ordered, just to speed the process.:eek:
I was 11 on the deposit list in January, was told probably September for delivery, am hoping for the end of June on a dealer imaged car.
Good luck and Godspeed!

·
Registered
76 Posts
QUESTION??? When do you get an order number? When you are imaged? Or what?

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hello and congratulations on a great decision!:D

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
mybetsy said:
QUESTION??? When do you get an order number? When you are imaged? Or what?
Is that a question to all of us??
You get an order number when your image is in. Once it has been entered into the computer (like my GGG802). Then you will get a status code usually moving pretty rapidly to 3000...
You Sales Rep or whoever is handling the SKY orders [often the GM] will have this info. Most places will give it if asked...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well they called me tonight and said that a guy that was getting the same one i wanted backed out so i am going to look at it tomorrow. The price was around low 25's. Hopefully everything will go good.:D

·
Registered
389 Posts
superfryguy said:
Well they called me tonight and said that a guy that was getting the same one i wanted backed out so i am going to look at it tomorrow. The price was around low 25's. Hopefully everything will go good.:D
Wow I hope it does work out for you! If it does your luck is fantastic! Hey send a little of that luck my way and maybe my delivery won't take too long!:D

·
Registered
42 Posts
luck

Superfryguy - if that works out for you I think you should buy a couple of tickets for the lottery!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
superfryguy said:

Man, don't you love this!! Most of have been obsessing for this car for over a year. Along comes Mr. "I am new to the forum" who gets bumped up from a September/October delviery to tommorrow! Where is the Justice!:brentil: It ain't fair, I tell you, it just ain't fair!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Actually, I really hope the car is what you wanted and you get it!:cheers: that will be way cool! :thumbs:

Enjoy the Driving.gif

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Gotta Agree

richmcc said:
Man, don't you love this!! Most of have been obsessing for this car for over a year. Along comes Mr. "I am new to the forum" who gets bumped up from a September/October delviery to tommorrow! Where is the Justice!:brentil: It ain't fair, I tell you, it just ain't fair!! :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

:lol: :lol:

Actually, I really hope the car is what you wanted and you get it!:cheers: that will be way cool! :thumbs:

Enjoy the View attachment 2146
:agree: :agree:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just wanted to check in. Just put deposit down last Fri. 5/5. Told 4-5 months. We are in the Dc/Balto area. Found this site on Monday and have been addicted to it ever since. Very enlightening. Has any one seen white with red/black interior in person?

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
richmcc said:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy the View attachment 2146
Didn't your Momma ever tell you "Life Ain't Fair"
PS, I love the little smiley driving the Sky.. wish someone could make it one of our selectons...

·
Registered
84 Posts
KB40 said:
Just wanted to check in. Just put deposit down last Fri. 5/5. Told 4-5 months. We are in the Dc/Balto area. Found this site on Monday and have been addicted to it ever since. Very enlightening. Has any one seen white with red/black interior in person?
Welcome:grouphug:

I too put down my deposit last week, and I am in SE Wisconsin. I actually put down the deposit with a dealer 100 miles north of here, as they are part of the largest GM / Saturn dealership organization in the state (they have 6 dealerships with large volume), so I hope that improves their SKY allocations.:lol: The dealer believes that mid to late August will be the projected delivery date.:)

I also put down a deposit with the local Saturn dealership (they have four stores). Unfortunately, they said that I could not get a SKY until spring 2007, as their 2006 allocations are sold out.:banghead:

I don't know who to believe :confused: , and based on the posts in this forum, I should believe no one. In any case, I remain excited about eventually getting a SKY.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts