Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone, I'm new to the forum. I've been checking this site out for a little while now, liked what I saw & learned, so I decided to join in.

My wife & I live just outside of Tulsa, OK. April 7, 2006 we put our deposit down on a yellow Sky. I found out through our dealer on June 30th. that we are at code 3400, hopefully we'll have the car in August. Does this sound about right?

We first saw a poster of the Sky in the dealership when we bought our 2004 Vue & were waiting for the car to be produced.

We're both excited about getting it, we test drove one & fell in love with it.

My other cars are a 2004 Vue, a 2001 Dodge Ram and a Cobra kit car which I am in the process of building, it should be finished next spring.

I can't wait to see our Sky parked next to the Cobra!

See ya!

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Cobra said:
Just wanted to say Hi to everyone, I'm new to the forum. I've been checking this site out for a little while now, liked what I saw & learned, so I decided to join in.

My wife & I live just outside of Tulsa, OK. April 7, 2006 we put our deposit down on a yellow Sky. I found out through our dealer on June 30th. that we are at code 3400, hopefully we'll have the car in August. Does this sound about right?

See ya!

Welcome and a great choice in the color. I am also waiting for my Sky. It's tough waiting but I know I will feel the thrill once it's here.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Feels good to be here. Looking forward to sharing some insight about the Sky with everyone else. We were told that as of last Friday, we were the only ones to order the yellow in the Tulsa area!

The way I see it, no matter what color Sky you get, you can't lose.:thumbs:

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yellow is sharp

I've seen the yellow and it is sharp:thumbs: Mine is Red and it looks really nice sitting next to the yellow:lol: I've seen the black and the midnight blue and the grey silver models as well and they all look very nice:thumbs:
Good luck to you folks (RMFNSKY & Cobra) getting your car soon:thumbs:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, we'll keep you posted on our progress.

I forgot to mention it before, we ordered it with the 5 speed, black interior and the alloy wheels.

Trying to find a way to make the time pass while we're waiting for it, I was working on the Cobra but it's in for paint right now. Now what am I going to do??:eek:

·
Registered
900 Posts
Welcome Cobra:cheers:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Welcome. You will soon be "suffering" from SGS (see my signature)!

:D

·
Registered
482 Posts
Welcome to the WAIT where we all go mad as we see all those around us receive their SKYs, but that is all part of the game.....Maverick is still one of those that WAIT.........By the way cobra PM me for more info.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Cobra, good to hear from someone else in Oklahoma. I put my deposit down on 1 July in Edmond and am hoping to have it in my driveway by November. My dealership had received two (both sold as ordered) on the day I placed my deposit. I am currently #5 on their list. They told me their allocations are coming in very slowly. It's going to be a long summer.

So far far I have only seen two Kappas on the road. One Solstice and one Sky. I know there are a few more around but I haven't seen them yet.

I don't post very often but I read the list often as there is a wealth of knowledge here.

Deposit 1 July
Forest Green with Tan
Leather, CAI, LSD

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

Can't wait to catch the (SGS)!:lol:

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome Cobra! We are neighbors, I live in northern Arkansas.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Welcome Cobra,
Keep working on that hobby as we all learned "Patience is a virtue".

Imaged 23/06/06
...and waiting...
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
wheel locks
Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
325 Posts
Cobra sounds sweet, which motor did you go with?

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Welcome to the Sky Family Cobra

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yellow was my first choice but then I changed to red, still waiting for mine though.

Kimberly
ChiliSky

·
Registered
185 Posts
Cobra said:

We first saw a poster of the Sky in the dealership when we bought our 2004 Vue & were waiting for the car to be produced.

My other cars are a 2004 Vue, a 2001 Dodge Ram and a Cobra kit car which I am in the process of building, it should be finished next spring.

I can't wait to see our Sky parked next to the Cobra!

See ya!
Welcome :cool:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hi there! Yellow is a nice color. It was one of the first I saw in real life. I don't know how anyone has the patience to build a car. Welcome to the wait. :cheers:

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ineedmorebotox said:
Welcome Cobra! We are neighbors, I live in northern Arkansas.

Great! Mybe we can get together sometime with the cars!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
bradyb said:
Cobra sounds sweet, which motor did you go with?

I went with a healthy 289 out of a 66 Mustang backed by a T-5 five speed. I figured the 289 would be enough to motivate a 2500 pound car.

Cobra

1 - 20 of 22 Posts