Saturn Sky Forum banner
21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
really nice, thanks for the shot. How do they fit with the offset? Do they stick out more than the OE +55 offset?
The wheels are right at the edge of the upper wheel well. Both front and back fit perfectly. It gives the car a wide stance look.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Where’d ya get them ? And how did you get them colored to match or did they come that way ? Interested for sure !

The covers are a must if you're the type that want to do some changes to the look of the car. I was amazed at the straight on view change of the car.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I've uploaded some photos on the Sky Redline Exterior Gallery if anyone is interested in seeing more pictures. Also if anyone have any questions about doing any mods that I may have done let me know. Other than the RPM stage 2 tune I've done my own mods.
What other mods did you do?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Oh I have a few. Let's start at the RPM 2 stage tune. The pedal controller for the gas pedal, headlights and turn signal (running lights) swap out to LED's. And the afore mentioned changes.
I had that pedal commander but I sold it
Just didn’t do much for me

thinking of the tune but don’t want to spend all that much money

looking at the fiberglass headlight covers now on ebay- thinking of getting them and maybe the tailight covers too

I have a can of duplicate-color Ming blue
That I ordered from Amazon which is supposedly the same color as the gm midnight blue for the 08 sky

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I had that pedal commander but I sold it
Just didn’t do much for me

thinking of the tune but don’t want to spend all that much money

looking at the fiberglass headlight covers now on ebay- thinking of getting them and maybe the tailight covers too

I have a can of duplicate-color Ming blue
That I ordered from Amazon which is supposedly the same color as the gm midnight blue for the 08 sky
I definitely agree the pedal controller isn't that great. I just set it and i don't think about it anymore. I've got both front and back covers on my car. I also did the rear turn signal light mod but since I don't see them... If you're going to skip the RPM thing you can use the money on the other mods and do better. I also went LED on my headlights, much brighter. If you thinking about that let me know because I use a set that will fit inside the existing fixture and let it close.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I definitely agree the pedal controller isn't that great. I just set it and i don't think about it anymore. I've got both front and back covers on my car. I also did the rear turn signal light mod but since I don't see them... If you're going to skip the RPM thing you can use the money on the other mods and do better. I also went LED on my headlights, much brighter. If you thinking about that let me know because I use a set that will fit inside the existing fixture and let it close.
I tried led lights but they didn’t fit in the headlight enclosure - if you know of some that will please send me the links - I’d love blue headlights but just going to leds would make a huge difference- I just didn’t like the rubber caps I had to use so I returned the lights and the covers

I had blue to yellow Switchback leds in the front turn signals but felt I was a cop Magnet with them- as is I’m supposed to be sporting the front NY license plate but I don’t

I like driving with just the fog Lights on - wanted to get leds in there but they wouldn’t fit because the back fans were So close to the frame of the car, they physically couldn’t fit in the Lens housing

please send me the info on the leds that fit in the headlights with the stock covers

thank you !!!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I tried led lights but they didn’t fit in the headlight enclosure - if you know of some that will please send me the links - I’d love blue headlights but just going to leds would make a huge difference- I just didn’t like the rubber caps I had to use so I returned the lights and the covers

I had blue to yellow Switchback leds in the front turn signals but felt I was a cop Magnet with them- as is I’m supposed to be sporting the front NY license plate but I don’t

I like driving with just the fog Lights on - wanted to get leds in there but they wouldn’t fit because the back fans were So close to the frame of the car, they physically couldn’t fit in the Lens housing

please send me the info on the leds that fit in the headlights with the stock covers

thank you !!!
Here is the link: Amazon.com: SEALIGHT H11/H8/H9 LED Bulbs, 400% Brighter Ultra-thin Design LED Headlamp Replacement Kit Fog Light 6500K White, Pack of 2 : Automotive

These are the ones I have. Also you will need two sets, regular and high beam.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
If they fit In The fog light lens I’ll get three sets :)

Oh well Amazon says not available :(
I don't know about the fog lights. Also I used the yellow to white switchbacks, so no problem there. After going to the switchbacks I had to do the headlights and highbeams.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I can understand that! I'll keep my eyes out for them.
I sent an offer for $15 on eBay- we will see and if they fit my fog lights I’ll get a pair for the headlights and if they wont fit In The fog lights I’ll use them for the headlights
And if they dont Fit at all I’ll send them back for a refund
don’t need them for high beams - dont use the high beams Anyway

21 - 40 of 85 Posts