Saturn Sky Forum banner
61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,026 Posts
Squilliam,
You are a bad influence! I grew up with “It ain’t cool, if your chrome don’t shine”. Recently bought a new car and went with the model that had the blacked out interior bits instead of the chrome. Get Out Of My Head! 😎
I'm not a flashy dude.
Chrome is way too flashy for me.

·
Registered
549 Posts
No worries, old people like Mike cannot help they become hard and bitter.
Actually Mike is a nice guy,who puts on a facade. If you catch onto it, he has a very dry sense of humor. He has been more than fair when I’ve purchased parts from him. He even suggested how to complete a repair without purchasing the part he was selling, to save you money. Not too many people would do that.
He also has a wealth of knowledge and stories from when Sky owners were welcomed back to the factory in Wilmington, Delaware.
Now I’m just hoping that Mike doesn’t get mad that I outed him……that he really isn’t the curmudgeon he pretends to be….. However it needed to be said…..

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Actually Mike is a nice guy,who puts on a facade. If you catch onto it, he has a very dry sense of humor. He has been more than fair when I’ve purchased parts from him. He even suggested how to complete a repair without purchasing the part he was selling, to save you money. Not too many people would do that.
He also has a wealth of knowledge and stories from when Sky owners were welcomed back to the factory in Wilmington, Delaware.
Now I’m just hoping that Mike doesn’t get mad that I outed him……that he really isn’t the curmudgeon he pretends to be….. However it needed to be said…..
Except that no matter how nice he might be to his "friends", he's a total jerk to anyone who has just arrived. Over the last dozen years he has chased away lots of people. He's one of the reasons I left for so long...I was just tired of his crap.

It doesn't matter if he is just "pretending" to be a jerk - he's good enough at it that he actually IS one.

I'm really amazed that he wasn't booted from the site a long time ago. Though, almost all of these types of forums have one guy like him. The guy who isn't happy unless he's making others unhappy. Human nature I guess...sigh...

Reactions: IFlyMe

·
Registered
549 Posts
Except that no matter how nice he might be to his "friends", he's a total jerk to anyone who has just arrived. Over the last dozen years he has chased away lots of people. He's one of the reasons I left for so long...I was just tired of his crap.

It doesn't matter if he is just "pretending" to be a jerk - he's good enough at it that he actually IS one.

I'm really amazed that he wasn't booted from the site a long time ago. Though, almost all of these types of forums have one guy like him. The guy who isn't happy unless he's making others unhappy. Human nature I guess...sigh...
I understand and respect what you’re saying. I haven’t been in the forum near as long as you have and don’t have those experiences. Thank you for sharing. I just view it from a different perspective. - Bill

·
Registered
161 Posts
Where did you get them? What a dramatic improvement on the car!
The headlight covers? eBay has them if you search for Saturn sky eyelids - they are fiberglass custom made and have to be painted to match the car -
Quite pricey but I may go for them about $75 for the headlight ones -and I’d think double sided tape is used to mount them

the same seller has tailight covers too - but I kinda likethe ass of my car to be super visible especially from taller autos

·
Registered
161 Posts
Been tossing around the idea of spending $75 plus painting for the headlight covers and Finally went to buy the fiberglass headlight covers on eBay and the listing is gone -
Or at east I can’t find it
Tried “Saturn sky headlight covers” and “Saturn sky eyelids” and only Saw the plastic tint film ones :(

61 - 80 of 81 Posts