Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some guy @ the dealership got differnt rims so i got them :) i ordered my car with chrome but it was back when they had the constraint on them

·
Registered
450 Posts
finally.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
all good things come to those with patience...good luck. Chrome is definitely the way to go with Yellow. Anything less, it just appear right...

:mad: I don't know about that. I kinda like my painted wheels.persoanl taste I guess.

But the chrome does look nice:thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
420 Posts
Chrome is definitely the way to go with Yellow. Anything less, it just appear right...

I disagree. On yellow cars, (and like Rick said) the yellow already IS the chrome.

Adding chrome wheels to it would make your eyes :eek: more than it already does when you look at it and could tend to look too busy and overstylized.

Confucius say..."Too much bling bling not good thing." :lol:

In my opinion, the best wheels for yellow sports cars are silver painted, black with polished lip, or silver alloy with/without polished lip.

Hey YellowSky, I'm glad you got the factory chrome wheels on yours though.
If I had to get chrome I would get the factory pattern as well.

Some of those aftermarket chrome wheels look too heavy and out of sync with the Sky's gorgeous lines & character.

·
Premium Member
921 Posts
My redline order currently has the chrome, but I am seriously considering changing to the painted, in the photos they match the trim behind the seats and maybe around the front intakes on the redline. Is the color match my imagination, or does it really match the silver trim areas?

·
Registered
150 Posts
My redline order currently has the chrome, but I am seriously considering changing to the painted, in the photos they match the trim behind the seats and maybe around the front intakes on the redline. Is the color match my imagination, or does it really match the silver trim areas?
I'm starting to think along the same lines so having both options visible in the same thread sure is helpful for comparison. Thanks, guys. Good thing I have plenty of time to decide!:lol:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Yes the painted silver is the same color on the rims as it is around the windsheild frame and behind the seats.. i liked my painted wheels i had i think the matched the yellow car great i was very happy but i knew down the road i would want chrome rims for the car and well better it be the best looking ones on the market (factory) and it was 2 good of a deal to ever pass up!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
also remember, if you happen to drive after the roads have been salted (ice or snow) .. those chrome wheels have a problem with time to pit and after time actually blister. I tried to wash them often, that was a pain on cold freezing days ... but small pitting happened and first problem was the tire kept needing inflation. Tire dealer told me why. He cleaned the wheel bead and added rib sealer. Even after other tire stiores have cleaned and sealed ... those darn tires still slowly lose air.

Rule #1 ... do not drive car with chrome wheels after roads have been salted.
:nono:

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
also remember, if you happen to drive after the roads have been salted (ice or snow) .. those chrome wheels have a problem with time to pit and after time actually blister. I tried to wash them often, that was a pain on cold freezing days ... but small pitting happened and first problem was the tire kept needing inflation. Tire dealer told me why. He cleaned the wheel bead and added rib sealer. Even after other tire stiores have cleaned and sealed ... those darn tires still slowly lose air.

Rule #1 ... do not drive car with chrome wheels after roads have been salted.
:nono:
We wont have to worry bout that Hear!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
:mad: I don't know about that. I kinda like my painted wheels.persoanl taste I guess.

But the chrome does look nice:thumbs:
I'm with you. On this car Yellow is the chrome.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
your right bout the yellow being the chrome but i wanted it to scream even louder :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts