Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have any good suggestions about what to get, and where to get new set of wheels?
Pretty sure I want to go for Chrome..:cool:

Somebody on this forum warned others that not all "8,0" would fit the SKY? What is the bolt pattern? anybody know?

Put down a deposit at a dealership in VA, 8/10/06
Chili Pepper Red
Tan leather/top
manual
LSD
Monsoon upgrade
Splash guards

Hope to pick it up on my arrival in December. Hope the GM Santa will arrive early this winter :)
Guess I'm the first norwegian to buy the SKY :thumbs:

For those wanting to know the price for a Opel GT (Redline in US) delivered in Norway, the prize is $83.189...beat that!:banghead:

·
Registered
422 Posts
SKYwatchdog said:

For those wanting to know the price for a Opel GT (Redline in US) delivered in Norway, the prize is $83.189...beat that!:banghead:
What a huge price: 520,000 NOK (83k$)!:eek:

Norwegians should buy in Germany:

German price € 29,990 incl. 16% VAT
for export > € 25,190 without VAT
add 24% VAT in Norway > € 31,240 or US$ 39,860

Add some $$ for shipping or buy for example in Hamburg and have a nice ride to Norway. :thumbs:

·
Registered
104 Posts
SKYwatchdog said:
Does anybody have any good suggestions about what to get, and where to get new set of wheels?
Pretty sure I want to go for Chrome..:cool:

Somebody on this forum warned others that not all "8,0" would fit the SKY? What is the bolt pattern? anybody know?

Put down a deposit at a dealership in VA, 8/10/06
Chili Pepper Red
Tan leather/top
manual
LSD
Monsoon upgrade
Splash guards

Hope to pick it up on my arrival in December. Hope the GM Santa will arrive early this winter :)

For those wanting to know the price for a Opel GT (Redline in US) delivered in Norway, the prize is $83.189...beat that!:banghead:[/QUO

$83,000 for cash if you pick it up in Sweden and sign the order, NOW..........
cash only.:eek:

·
Registered
422 Posts
SKYwatchdog said:
Bolt pattern: 5 x 110 mm

Offset: + 55 mm factory rims, also + 45 mm possible

Center bore: 65.1 mm

·
Registered
422 Posts
greenhornet said:
$83,000 for cash if you pick it up in Sweden and sign the order, NOW..........
cash only.:eek:
What do you mean? :confused:
Price in Sweden is 299,000 SEK > US$ 41,470 listed on Opel.com

>>> http://www.opelsverige.com/content_data/GME/019/SE/se/GBPSE/microsite/gt/GT.pdf

That's $ 3,000 more than in Germany but they have 25% VAT in Sweden instead of 16% in Germany.
Not such a difference in importing from Germany, only ~ $ 1,300 compared with $ 43,300 when importing to Norway.

Or is there a special (anti) roadster tax in Norway which doubles the price?

·
Registered
2,245 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
a wheel 8.5'' wide with a +40mm offset will fit , I have done this on a lowered
Solstice..........the lowering narrows the track width somewhat.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Taxes in Norway!

Taxes in Norway can't be compared to Sweden. The taxes on cars and gas is outrageous here... The politicians are screwing us :mad:
The prize we pay for being filthy rich! :rolleyes:
My dad works at a Opel dealership and the prize is confirmed to be (around)530.000 NOK

I know the import taxes on cars from Germany as well after buying several cars directly from Hamburg over the years

Thanks so much for the information everybody on the bolt pattern :cheers:

·
Registered
422 Posts
SKYwatchdog said:
Taxes in Norway can't be compared to Sweden. The taxes on cars and gas is outrageous here... The politicians are screwing us :mad:
The prize we pay for being filthy rich! :rolleyes:
My dad works at a Opel dealership and the prize is confirmed to be (around)530.000 NOK

I know the import taxes on cars from Germany as well after buying several cars directly from Hamburg over the years .....
Price in Norway is 520,000 NOK > US$ 83,180 listed on Opel.com

http://www.opel.no/content_data/GME/019/NO/no/GBPNO/microsite/gt/GT.pdf

Can't read that norwegian but text is similar in all the different European Opel Infos; they vary the price only.

I think that Euro pricing actually is no problem for you because you ordered in Virginia. Or will you take that car home to Norway later?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Car stays behind for now

Since I'm buying the one with 177 instead of the 260 horsepower it will be cheaper to import. Less horsepower, less the tax.
Going to enjoy my stay with the car in DC and Maryland, and then decide on what to do with it!
I will for sure take a trip down to Reperbahn and ride with you on the autobahn :thumbs:
And offcourse see a Rammstein show :cheers:

·
Registered
197 Posts
You might want to get the cast chrome ones from Saturn. Look at the online accessories photo on saturn.com or the photos of the wheels on my Sky. I posted photos 8/7/06 under title "The way I want it".

·
Registered
877 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Thanks!
I just wish I would have ordered the white instead of silver..

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,570 Posts
Are those rims close in color to the Silver Graphite??? Are they Hyper Black???

·
Registered
73 Posts
They are hyper black.
and the are clsoe to the silver graphiter color.....very close.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts