Saturn Sky Forum banner

New Windrestrictor

3K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Wind Restrictor 
#1 · (Edited)
I finally made the addition to my ride. Kudos to the staff at Windrestrictor they did great work. :cheers: The version 2 was super easy to install.

See less See more
#5 ·
Is there a way to install it and have the velcro be discret or not noticeable?

I look to get a wind deflector
But the ideal to drill hole is not an option for me, and the one who can be installed between the trunk lid and the tulip might dommage the trunk gasket at my humble opinion.

So I guess from what I can find so far the velcro option is my last option, bin just afraid to see velcro every where.

#6 ·
I have the velcro Windrestrictor. The velcro application is just behind the headrest of each seat back. Seats are usually somewhat in a back position, so no velcro is seen, IMO. There is no interference with the tulip and the trunk lid, as the Windrestrictor is forward of that point. The real benefit of Version 2 is the top can go up or down and never effect the Windrestrictor or any need to ever remove it. That was the reason I chose V2. It has been in the same place for 3 years.

#13 ·
I designed one with a flying dragon but my wife nixed it. Basically it used multiple images of a dragon with the wings flapping. they moved from right to left. The LED lights were designed to illuminate right to left so it made the dragon appear to be flying right to left. Had the design to Stephan but then the wife found out and it was dead.

#9 ·
Soso... 44th is correct. The windrestrictor is designed with a silver strip in front of the Velcro patches so you don't see them from the front. The only thing that shows a little is the LED light strip. I found that to get the lights directly under the restrictor the front edge of the strip is showing, but I'm fine with that.

Exposted, I'm no expert on the animated designs but you could ask the experts at www.windrestrictor.com .

#11 ·
#16 ·
I made my own light kit.
I ordered the windscreen to be mounted inside and drilled the holes to secure it (stencil for the holes)
I found aluminum molding for the red LED light strip to fit in and slide onto the bottom of the wind screen.
I soldered on a 12v plug and attached a battery harness with a pigtail long enough to set in the cargo net behind the driver set.
I use 3 lithium 3.7v ea rechargeable batteries (18650) in the battery harness.

I also added a wireless remote module to make the lights dance.....about $30 in extras over the price of the wind screen

#18 ·
I got a smoked one that attached behind the seats with sticky tape. Looks great. Only complaint is that sometimes there are reflections off of it in the rear view mirror that make it hard or distracting to look through. It did make a slight difference in the wind. But when you go 70-75 with the top down it’s windy no matter what you do. Good thing for a loud stereo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.