Saturn Sky Forum banner

New Windscreen for the Saturn Sky

4K views 33 replies 20 participants last post by  nighttripper 
#1 ·
:D UPDATE FOR WINDSCREEN ON THE SATURN SKY !!!
The windscreen will be available when you take delivery on your car.

It's made from 3/16" OPTIX, which is a scratch-resistant thermoplastic. All edges are beveled and flame polished. The $80.00 price tag plus $12.50 shipping anywhere in the U.S. is a great price.

As soon as the website is available, I will post this information. During the interim, please feel free to contact me with further questions or comments at asenoff@aol.com.

#2 ·
asenoff said:
:D UPDATE FOR WINDSCREEN ON THE SATURN SKY !!!
The windscreen will be available when you take delivery on your car.

It's made from 3/16" OPTIX, which is a scratch-resistant thermoplastic. All edges are beveled and flame polished. The $80.00 price tag plus $12.50 shipping anywhere in the U.S. is a great price.

As soon as the website is available, I will post this information. During the interim, please feel free to contact me with further questions or comments at asenoff@aol.com.
For those of you who don't know the windscreen he is talking about...view it here:
http://www.allantewindscreen.com

As for the windscreen itself, two questions... are you taking preorders? And second, how about laser etching?

#3 ·
Interesting that the wind screen doesn't have to be removed

#6 ·
RickKappa said:
The link directs you to the company's main page. The picture on the main page doesn't show it on a kappa car. Click on solstice and you see this instead. Which as you can see looks identical to Kappa Sphere's windscreen that we all have been looking at for some time. So what's the difference aside from the company who is selling it?
The installation instructions show it being held on by magnets. Is this the same as Kappasphere?

#8 ·
When clicking on the testimonials page, the title says "Ford Pontiac Solstice". I also don't see the holes used for the loosened screws, I only see the magnets. Will that scratch the car having to slide the magnets up and down the paint?

#9 ·
Magnets? I would think it would have to be well fastened at 100MPH. I think the Kappasphere version either uses or replaces existing screws in the car. If I remembre correctly. But then it is a simple lift out process to remove it when you want to put up the top. If I understand it correctly.

#10 ·
The kappa sphere windscreen is held on with screws with bobbins to protect the scew heads from scratching the glass

#11 ·
nighttripper said:
The kappa sphere windscreen is held on with screws with bobbins to protect the scew heads from scratching the glass
Are you using the product on a Solstice? If so do you like it?

#12 ·
rick112 said:
Are you using the product on a Solstice? If so do you like it?
Don't have a Solstice. Just went to the Kappasphere web sight and read the installation instructions

#13 ·
"SKY" Windscreen

My windscreen can me mounted two ways. I have sold over 50 Solstice Windscreeens in the past 10 days. Go to E bay and type in Solstice Windscreen and it tell you everything about the windscreen and direct you to my Solstice Site. The Solstice and the Sky are almost identical cars and as soon as the car is in the Dealers showroom this month I will take new pictures and post them. Im thinking of having the Sky Windscreen have a chrome trim.

Jay Senoff asenoff@aol.com or www.allantewindscreen.com

#16 ·
Note to everyone posting. Vendor product announcements threads are ONLY for product announcement information and questions. If you have an issue with the products, vendor, price, etc then either talk to the vendor via PM or start a new thread outside of the vendors products announcement thread. Any further posts that do not follow these guidelines will be removed from this thread.

#19 ·
SkyBaby said:
I would like to know what the pros and cons are to the different heights of the windscreens ? if that is possible SkyBaby-07
I would like for one of these suppliers tell us the optimum hight because I had a Miata that came with a windscreen that did a great job and then I added a style bar (roll bar) and we had to tilt it about 30 degrees and lost the effect. So I know from experience that hight does make a difference. I'm wondering if these after market guys aren't designing for aesthetics instead of function.
I am going to buy one but I may have to do my own tests after I get my Sky. But why should I have to do that when these guys are making the profit?
:willy: :willy: :willy:

#20 ·
Check out the Solstice forum and do a search for "kappashield" the are plenty of comments from people using products like these.

#21 ·
07 Chili Pepper said:
I would like for one of these suppliers tell us the optimum hight because I had a Miata that came with a windscreen that did a great job and then I added a style bar (roll bar) and we had to tilt it about 30 degrees and lost the effect. So I know from experience that hight does make a difference. I'm wondering if these after market guys aren't designing for aesthetics instead of function.
I am going to buy one but I may have to do my own tests after I get my Sky. But why should I have to do that when these guys are making the profit? :willy: :willy: :willy:
My sentiments exactly! I'd be tempted to go to my local plastic dealer and have one made just a little higher. My local plastic dealer could do it very inexpensively. How about using a piece of thick cardboard and adjusting it for the optimum height, then produce it in a good hardened plastic.

#22 ·
Seems geniously simple and straightforward. Look forward to any feedback from Sky and Solstice owners as to performance and other comments vs other windscreens.

#23 ·
Ok, I dont mean to sound stupid, but besides the looks, what purpose does it serve? Thanks in advance :D

#26 · (Edited)
07 Chili Pepper said:
I'm wondering if these after market guys aren't designing for aesthetics instead of function. I am going to buy one but I may have to do my own tests after I get my Sky. But why should I have to do that when these guys are making the profit?
Just a suggestion: Before you go out and possible waste a lot of time and energy on fabricating your own windscreen, why not try the one from the supporting vendor right here.

They have a 30 day money back refund policy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.