Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After calling my insurance company, the next day they got a mobile installer to replace my cracked windshield. The windshield cost $300 and $271 for installation. My deducable was only $100. Phew, thank goodness for insurance. I was very nervous seeing a guy with a crow-bar inside my car trying to pry the windshield out.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Is nothing inexpensive for this car? Tires cost $300 plus. $500 windshields. Yikes. Can't wait to see what the dealer charges me for the first oil change.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Is nothing inexpensive for this car? Tires cost $300 plus. $500 windshields. Yikes. Can't wait to see what the dealer charges me for the first oil change.
Had a 97 Saturn SC2 in for an oil change = $25.02
Brought My SKY in = $33.55

They had no comment.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Oil change was about 32.00. The filter is 6.00 and available at Saturn Accessories.com. 5 quarts of of oil and the rest is labor. I will let the dealership do the oil changes now because I don't have the lift to do it myself. When I get the lift, money will be saved:cool:

·
Registered
366 Posts
A Mobil 1 change is about $70.00...got to Wal-Mart and buy your own Mobil 1 and take it in...saves $$
Wow is that a ripoff. A case of Mobil1 at Walmart is around $25. Also for those wanting to do a quick oil change (not filter), there are oil pumps that they sell (pretty cheap too) that you just shove down the dipstick pipe and can pump all the oil out. Used one on my 3 series since the oil filter was changed from under the hood instead of under the car, works great.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Had my dealer throw in 10 free oil changes when I put a down payment on my R/L...Had him write in down on my contract. :) Like my mother always told me "it doesn't hurt to ask, the worse thing that can happen is they say NO". :D
Nothing is cheap now a days....and if by some chance it is cheap, it's usually made cheap.

·
Registered
669 Posts
After calling my insurance company, the next day they got a mobile installer to replace my cracked windshield. The windshield cost $300 and $271 for installation. My deducable was only $100. Phew, thank goodness for insurance. I was very nervous seeing a guy with a crow-bar inside my car trying to pry the windshield out.
Arrggghhh...on the way to work this morning, I heard a loud "ping." Didn't notice anything until I left for lunch. A nice 12-14 inch crack right in the middle of the driver's side of the front windshield.

Calling my insurance agent...:brentil:

·
Registered
7 Posts
In Florida, windshields are free with some sort of insurance regulations that are in place. I'll be more interested to see how much some other more shall we say invasive work will cost.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Roayl Purple

A Mobil 1 change is about $70.00...got to Wal-Mart and buy your own Mobil 1 and take it in...saves $$
You should be able to get Royal Purple for about that much, maybe less if you check out eBay. It's the ticket!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
That would scare the patooty outta me too! Glad it worked out!

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Try owning a Porsche. Since the base price of this lovely roadster decked out is 1/3 of the price of a similar import, I am willing to set up a little savings account for Sky stuff such as tires, etc. Welcome to the roadster, sportscar lifestyle!

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
There are a lot of vehicles out there where the tires are $300 and windshields are >$500.... SKY is no more higher priced than any of those...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts