Saturn Sky Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
Welcome newbies!!! :)

You are going to love this forum! :thumbs:

I thought I would start this thread with some practical advice for those of you who are new to posting on this forum. First, read the guidelines and rules! :) Then, keep in mind that everything can not be spelled out.

So, here is today's tip: If you receive a PM (private message), do not copy and post it, even if you think it contains information that could help everyone. It is one of those etiquette things. :)

Check tomorrow for another tip from skyepilot! :thumbs:

·
Registered
132 Posts
While I have found this forum extremely useful, the community has been at times hard to figure out. It seems as if many of the people who have been here longer feel that their opinions and comments are the only ones valid. I was quickly ridiculed for posting about my disappointment with false information from dealer and declared impatient by a long term member while many of you have complained about the same thing for an example.

I love this forum and the information and excitement on it, but I hope that the atmosphere improves and that those who are new or have not befriended long-term members can feel more welcome to jump in to threads and voice opinions. I realize there is a history and that some of you have had issues with pilot, but to jump on them when they are trying to in m.o. be helpful and recently "turn over a new leaf" is absurd again in mo.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Stay positive

cjegg said:
While I have found this forum extremely useful, the community has been at times hard to figure out. It seems as if many of the people who have been here longer feel that their opinions and comments are the only ones valid. I was quickly ridiculed for posting about my disappointment with false information from dealer and declared impatient by a long term member while many of you have complained about the same thing for an example. I love this forum and the information and excitement on it, but I hope that the atmosphere improves and that those who are new or have not befriended long-term members can feel more welcome to jump in to threads and voice opinions. I realize there is a history and that some of you have had issues with pilot, but to jump on them when they are trying to in m.o. be helpful and recently "turn over a new leaf" is absurd again in mo.

Don't worry CJEGG...I have alerted the MODS :eek: ...this thread should be cleaned up soon...Power corrupts and sometimes it takes the MODS to get involved with some Senior members that push the limits.

As you can see some people can't let go of the past...that is never a positive thing in life...some people learn from the past, some don't.

SkyePilot might have done some members wrong in the past but there was no need to litter this Thread with negativity...

I am sorry for this mess...and the mods should have it cleaned up soon.

Stay positive!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
These Posts...

Should be PMd to eachother and not for the forum. You are all setting a bad example by not talking about the car and how much you love it or look forward to it. Okay? There are a ton of informative, and positively entertaining psts/threads that can be read on this forum. Let's go there.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
Should be PMd to eachother and not for the forum. You are all setting a bad example by not talking about the car and how much you love it or look forward to it. Okay? There are a ton of informative, and positively entertaining psts/threads that can be read on this forum. Let's go there.

BINGO :agree:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hi All!

I'm not gonna get involved here other than to say:

Being friendly on an internet forum makes it a wonderful place, having flame wars drags a forum into the ground. It's your neighborhood, I'd suggest making it more like Mayberry than East Los Angeles :lol:

Good Luck!

I'll close this down for now, and let one of your regular mods come in and clean up!

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Thread cleaned, remains locked for now--Learning/growth opportunity for participants

Not much to salvage here.

Really, the members of the forum are generally well intentioned, but there is a disturbing trend that I see. When someone offends, there is an immediate dog-pile of denigrating posts. Then, it escalates into a melee and an all out flame war.

That happened in this thread.

I've removed ALL of the posts that crossed the line. So, if you don't see your post here, you know what happened to it. We mods know who the offenders were, and personal attacks, fighting, and general unruliness are not tolerated.

Look, folks, it's simple: be civil to one another.

Regarding forum past forum behavior, let's all try to be positive. I always try to coach in private and praise in public. I generally try not to step in unless things get a bit out of hand. In this case, they did, and I may have to do some coaching if it continues like this.

Now, what I don't want anyone to do is to take these type of flame attacks into PMs. That's not the right way to handle it. If you're going to send someone a Private Message, be just as respectful as you would in public.

If we don't use that same level of mutual respect and courtesy in our PMs, then all that will happen is that the hostility level on the public side of the forum will escalate and blow up, and we won't know why folks are so touchy--we won't know that there's really PM wars going on behind the scenes.

Each of us has to mature, and we will all step out of line and be too harsh, fight, call names, and act like we're on a grade school playground on occasion--it happens, we're human. The mature thing to do is to apologize when you've stepped over the line.

There is a posting history for skyepilot, and I know many of you have been chaffed by past posts, but the reactions here were way too vitriolic for the post at hand. Let's try to look at the merits of recent posts and not paint all of what we see with the black brush of past indiscretions.

Again, opinions are fine, but don't snarl at one another.

We will leave this thread locked for now. In a couple of days, I'll revisit it and consider unlocking it. In the mean time, let's think about the following:

Folks can and do change when they are given the opportunity to learn and grow, so I'm going to consider this a growth opportunity for all those involved in the fighting that occurred in this thread.​

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I will also advise that being civil and respectful ALSO goes for the use of the private areas of the forum, including PM's and (if the user has enabled) e-mail addresses and correspondence.

If there has been offensive PM's or e-mails and they are reported to a mod, supermod or admin, this is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY and SUPPORTED and allowed.

Yes, for the most part you should not repost PM material in public, but harassment through the private communications on the forum is an abuse of the memership here and WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.