Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking about for some time, but this is my first post.

After reading through the threads about how long some of you have been waiting, I'm a bit hesitant to bring this up... but.

I think I got really, really lucky...

A couple weeks ago, I dropped by a local dealer on a whim to see a sky in person because I saw on saturn's site that they had one in stock.

While I was there I expressed my interest in purchasing and inquired about the process. The sales manager produced a piece of paper, and said that they had an image, that was about to be "locked in". (someting about 8 days to change option on an image before the factory gets it) and If I put down a deposit that day, I could get it changed to my specs. If I waited till the next day to put down the deposit, I'd be "stuck" with what was on the image already. I decided that the only thing I didn't like was the color (red) so I gave them my deposit, and a new color, and he entered it into the system. The next day he said we were good to go, and he'd let me know when it was in (no timeframe given)

So, after reading the threads here about status codes and such, I asked my sales guy about it, and he wasn't sure how to find out. (in his defense he's been very nice and helpful, but does seem a little green)

My question is, what information do I need to call that 800 number to get the status information that everyone else is getting?

Any insight would be appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
236 Posts
You would need to give them the order number. Most likely they will not have any information for you. It seems that they usually dont have any info until you have a VIN number.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Also your dealer gets a report every week (Thursday??) and on it each order is listed and should have a code (25 - 30 - etc...) If you can get the (usually Sales manager or Gen Manager) to give you the staus you will know...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Then.... after you call the number a few hundred times...... and bug your salesman... like a stalker........ you wait... and wait... and then... wait some more........... J/K... but.. you do wait...... CONGRATS on your image...... show pics when she gets to you... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
236 Posts
The wait from image to delivery wasnt too bad for me- about 5 weeks. It was the wait from last August until now that killed me.

·
Registered
182 Posts
They must be able to give you a 6 digit order number by now, which is also shown on their consolidated status report. someone at the dealership knows how and uses the vehicle management system, and he can look up your status code, addressed in detail in other threads.

seems like you just need to politely but persistently ask your salesman, or maybe the sales manager directly, who at the dealership can get that information from the vehicle management system.

with the 6 digit order number, you can call the 800 number listed elsewhere (800 553-6000 ??) for status on your production, and likely get mixed results like the rest of us.

Good job on the quick order, and great quote in your signature.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys!

I've bought a lot of new cars over the years, but I've never ordered one before.... It's only been a week and a half, and I'm already feeling :willy:

I don't know how some of you could stand the wait from last summer. I bow to your incredible patience!

:D

·
Registered
389 Posts
Congrats on getting your car ordered. I think you skipped the hardest part, the time between putting down a deposit and actually getting to order the car. That was 5 months for me. Everyone kept asking when are you getting your car and I could only answer I haven't got to order it yet! Ordered 3/10. Now all I have to suffer through is production time and then delivery time...lol.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just spoke with my Salesman, and got my order Number... :D

2 things...

First, is the 800 number giving status info or not? I'm getting conflicting info in the forums...

Second, the restriction on Automatics... Does that apply to new images, or is it affecting the current production lines? (dealer says no, but I'm hearing conflicting info on this as well)

Thanks!!!!

:confused:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts