Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked around for a clear answer to my simple question but couldn’t find one that was a definite, My 08 Sky RL has a GMPP tune in it now with the upgraded MAP sensors, I ordered the Trifecta advantage tune for the tiny bit of extra power that will be activated when I turn cruise control off.
My question is as follows, After I install the trifecta tune and everything is good to go and it’s working with the cruise control turned off what tune does it fall back on when I turn the cruise control back on? I’m assuming the GMPP tune that was previously installed because that is considered the “stock” tune after the dealership flashed the ECU. So essentially with cruise on I’ll have GMPP tune then when I shut cruise off the Trifecta tune takes over. Thanks and sorry for a crappy first post question, I was told this car was 100% stock when I bought it, no tune or anything. Deezsky

·
Administrator
7,918 Posts
I looked around for a clear answer to my simple question but couldn’t find one that was a definite, My 08 Sky RL has a GMPP tune in it now with the upgraded MAP sensors, I ordered the Trifecta advantage tune for the tiny bit of extra power that will be activated when I turn cruise control off.
My question is as follows, After I install the trifecta tune and everything is good to go and it’s working with the cruise control turned off what tune does it fall back on when I turn the cruise control back on? I’m assuming the GMPP tune that was previously installed because that is considered the “stock” tune after the dealership flashed the ECU. So essentially with cruise on I’ll have GMPP tune then when I shut cruise off the Trifecta tune takes over. Thanks and sorry for a crappy first post question, I was told this car was 100% stock when I bought it, no tune or anything. Deezsky
Welcome to the forum (again).

You are correct that the GMPP tune is now your base tune. That is essential with the up-rated MAP sensors since the original (non-GMPP) tune would not perform properly with them.

Reactions: DeezSky

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the forum (again).

You are correct that the GMPP tune is now your base tune. That is essential with the up-rated MAP sensors since the original (non-GMPP) tune would not perform properly with them.
Thank you so much for the quick reply, I’m trying to learn all I can on my own and not be a pest, I wanted to make sure I understood how this would work with an already “tuned” car. Thanks again!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will ask did you inform Trifecta you have the GMPP MAP sensors? These are also referred to as 3 bar MAP sensors. I ask because they have to account for them in their tune as well.
Yes I did, that was an option when I was configuring the tune that I originally said no to, but something just felt off as far as me thinking I’d seen the blue sensors somewhere so I went out and checked and low and behold two blue sensors were already installed, so I sent trifecta a message and changed my request to Yes I am using Gm Stage 1 kit MAP sensors, the poor lady that owned the car before had no idea that it was done. Truly just a sunshine putt around kinda car for her, Thanks for checking to see if I asked though, I’m slowly learning, I’m a 12 volt car audio guy for 30 years so I like to seek out answers on my own most of the time, but vehicle engines and computer tuning scare the crap out of me.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Yes, Trifecta doesn't require those sensors but they do need to account for them in the tune.

The OP runs the same combo I had on my car - GMPP with base Trifecta overlay, later updated when I added a big wheel turbo, to their custom tune.

Reactions: DeezSky
1 - 8 of 8 Posts