Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I've been watching the forum from the wings for a couple
of weeks, and thought it was time that I signed in to say how
much I LOVE THIS CAR. I have never had so much fun driving anything!:D

And although this isn't new news to any of you...it is unbelievable
how many times a day I'm stopped with people admiring the car,
asking questions, rubber necking. I'm from Los Angeles, the land of people
who are defined by what they drive, so it seems to me to be a
pretty big thing if the plastic people are impressed.

Question, I was wondering if any of you have the 20" wheels? It was part
of the upgrade package that was added to my car. They are installing them next week. I saw them on another car and they look great.
Does anyone know how this could potentially change the performance?

Also, they added the Garmin navigation system (c330) and it really
works great and is the perfect size for the Sky (fits perfectly on the area just above the vents on the center of the dash) I highly recommend it if you
are looking for one.

Anyway, this is a great forum, and I'm really impressed by the amount
of great info. that passes through here, and how kind you all are....ok well
most of you. :)
Thanks!

-----------------------
Jennifer
Silver Graphite
Black leather interior
Single disc CD
Lo-Jack
20" Foose chrome wheels

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
You need to PM Angelqute1. She has Foose and 20 " wheels.......Skip...:cool:

·
Registered
804 Posts
There is also someone in Atlanta, sorry I can't remember his name, but he got the 20" wheels and loved them. I don't know about the performance value, but hey, it's your car and your the one who loves it!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi and Welcome.
Now when you are caught in that horrible traffic
in your area, you can sit back and just enjoy
being in your SKY.:jester:

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Welcome! Post of some pictures of the Garmin navigation system (c330).

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I have the Garmin c350 and oh YES it is great!

A friend has the 530 Garmin and swears by it.

The difference is extra things it can do.

example. they all provide the same maps, compass and location of restaurants, gas stations, motels and more nation wide.

But some are black & white screens, others are color, some actually speak the street/interstate name (I find that so needed while driving alone), some play MP3 or cards (music or reading books), blue tooth for cell phones, designed for inner city use with tall buildings and so.
I find using my is so simple I love it. It makes driving anywhere safe and enjoyable. No more getting lost, trying to read a map, direction print out or last minute being in the wrong exit lane. Or if you do goof or construction or accident force you to not exit ... no problem ... it automatically within a milli second recalulates and redirectes you so you get back on track. It tells you what time you will arrive. Some (for a monthly fee) can give you warnings of problems, construction and weather before hand. I passed on that feature but it is available.

There are other manufactures available for a GPS. Again, each of their model's offer certain featurers and all are good. Design, size and features are the main selection a consumer has. But once you have used one to travel to unknown parts of this world ... you will not want to leave home without it. They can even work in many countries (depaending on the model you choose).

Happy trails! :driving:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ggccg said:
What he said... and make sure you never hit a big pothole or run over a curb.
Thanks for the tips, everyone. The 20" wheels were part of the
"performance package" that my dealer adds to all of their incoming
stock cars, so I didn't have a choice. I'm sure they will be great,
and for future reference I've been checking around for the replacement cost, and it will not be as bad as I had expected.

I'll snap some pics of the Garmin (and my ride) this weekend and post them.

Happy Trails!
----------------
Jennifer
Silver Graphite
Black Leather interior
20" Foose Chrome rims
Lojack
Garmin navigation

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Angel said:
Hi and Welcome.
Now when you are caught in that horrible traffic
in your area, you can sit back and just enjoy
being in your SKY.:jester:
No kidding, HORRIBLE traffic. I am getting 12 (yes 12) miles to the gallon,
because I spend so much time just sitting in traffic...ugh.
------------------
Silver Graphite
Black Leather interior
20" Foose Chrome rims
Lojack
Garmin navigation

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Skip said:
You need to PM Angelqute1. She has Foose and 20 " wheels.......Skip...:cool:
Here I am!!!! Sorry, I've been out of the loop on this. The past couple of days have been crazy. We (my husband and I) had to move into my parents house for 2 months, so we've been packing over the past weekend.

Sounds like you and I got our cars at the same dealership, and, yes, I do have 20" chrome Foose Wheels (Spank 5 model), which have already been scarred. The car also came with Garmin, Lojack, CAI, XM, etc.

I love it!

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
LASKY said:
Question, I was wondering if any of you have the 20" wheels? It was part
of the upgrade package that was added to my car. They are installing them next week. I saw them on another car and they look great.
Does anyone know how this could potentially change the performance?
-----------------------
Jennifer
Silver Graphite
Black leather interior
Single disc CD
Lo-Jack
20" Foose chrome wheels
Jen-
In terms of performance, and despite what the dealership tells you, 20" wheels and tires will lower the level of performance. The wheels are very heavy, which slows the car down and the same goes for the tires. Typically in a sports car, the tires will be smaller and lighter. The 20" Wheels and 20" low profile tires provide more of a "bling bling" effect. I would prefer more of a "performace" set of tires and wheels, however, I have to tell you, it's my car that has more often than not, set itself apart from the rest. You will not regret it. If you're getting the car from the same place I did, their performance/after-market store caters to one of the #1 shows on MTV, which happens to be about "fixing up a car", if you know what I mean. I'm not particularly interested in coffee makers in consuls or chandeliers in cars, but I hear they do those things too......:D I prefer "Overhaulin".
If you're looking to up the performance or perhaps just sound like you have better performance, I would recommend the Cold Air Intake, which is basically "sound effects", otherwise you could add an exhaust system, which some people have done. This will give it a little more pep!
I hope that helps from one girly girl to another. Good lookin' out and we will see you soon!!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Angelqute1 said:
Jen-
In terms of performance, and despite what the dealership tells you, 20" wheels and tires will lower the level of performance. The wheels are very heavy, which slows the car down and the same goes for the tires. Typically in a sports car, the tires will be smaller and lighter. The 20" Wheels and 20" low profile tires provide more of a "bling bling" effect. I would prefer more of a "performace" set of tires and wheels, however, I have to tell you, it's my car that has more often than not, set itself apart from the rest. You will not regret it. If you're getting the car from the same place I did, their performance/after-market store caters to one of the #1 shows on MTV, which happens to be about "fixing up a car", if you know what I mean. I'm not particularly interested in coffee makers in consuls or chandeliers in cars, but I hear they do those things too......:D I prefer "Overhaulin".
If you're looking to up the performance or perhaps just sound like you have better performance, I would recommend the Cold Air Intake, which is basically "sound effects", otherwise you could add an exhaust system, which some people have done. This will give it a little more pep!
I hope that helps from one girly girl to another. Good lookin' out and we will see you soon!!!!
Hey Angelqute1,
Very funny that you just replied to my post, as I was just in the archives looking at your past posts based on a recommedation from another member.

We appear to have identical cars (with the exception of XM) and unfortunatley had somewhat similar dealings with Galpin. Although your experience sounded like a complete nightmare. The difference now being (which is obviously thanks to your diligence) that they actually list the stock wheels as being credited back (or being taken off the final list price) on the dealer invoice. But, I guarantee that they have merely further jacked up the upgrades (which as you know were RIDICULOUS to begin with) to offset the "loss". Of course all of this became clear after the purchase. I signed on the dotted line because I didn't want to wait the standard year that they were quoting. I knew the markups were a complete rip off, but my love of the car left me planted like a deer in headlights (very expensive sky headlights in this case) Then....I actually drove off the lot without the Navigation system. :leaving:
They mailed it to me, and that's when I got angry. It was a $400 system
that they charged me $1000 for. I placed calls to my rep first, who said he couldn't do anything for me, then the GM, who rudely replied with the same answer. Then finally, my partner called the finance manager, who was great during the purchase, and ultimately agreed to apply the difference toward my
three year maintenance plan. So, I'm somewhat happy with the conclusion. Unfortunately others will walk our same path, unless they can catch this thread before going to Galpin (wish I had) but I am trying to not let it ruin my experience. I absolutely love the car!

The 20" are on backorder (yes, they didn't even have stock of the tires they
were forcing me to take) so when they are installed I should be able to
feel the difference in performance. I hope it isn't significant. I'll let you know
once they're on.

Thanks so much for the input. I hope I didn't open old wounds by bringing
up our good pals at Galpin.

Have a great night,
Jen

PS - Looks like we're neighbors, I live up near Laurel Canyon and Mulholland.

·
Registered
53 Posts
HORRIBLE traffic. I am getting 12 (yes 12) miles to the gallon,

Sure hope I get better than 12 mpg when I get my Sky. Anyway, I have already got a Garmin c530 that I use in my current car and am looking forward to using it in my Sky. As you can see in the thumbnails, I was also able to change the
opening picture to a SKY.[/ATTACH]:cheers:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Hey Angelqute1,
We appear to have identical cars (with the exception of XM) .........
We appear to have the same mom too, please remove my pictures from your avatar. I'd be happy to meet up with you and take pics of your car.

·
Registered
131 Posts
LASKY: welcome to the forum.

Angelqute1 & LASKY: you two totally seem like the person. No offense, it's just weird. Same car and location haha. Your practically twins! :lol:

Angel, you paid $3400 for those wheels and tires? :eek: I had the option to get those wheels for $2,500 USD...(but you already had them, I'm not a copycat haha)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts