Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey All-

As I am at 88.8% recovered (minus the bumps in the road)... I am gearing up for the September 9th ride.

Previously discussed, we will all meet at Descanso Gardens at 10am. From there, we will take Angeles Crest Highway all the way to Newcombs for lunch. This ride will be specifically for US. What I mean by this is, we typically do our rides for either "leisure" or "show". That's always a gas (no pun intended). But this ride will be different. I'd like to push the cars a little bit and it's got great wide mountains-side turns. This will be a performance driven ride to see what our cars can do. I will be leading the ride and staying within the speed limit as there is one particular officer "Stout" who is a real stickler on tickets. He's actually quite famous. But I promise it will be a sweet ride.

Because that is the weekend following my 3-year anniversary, we will be completing our ride back down by going through Descanso Gardens for tea in the Japanese Tea House and a walk through the gardens. It's a very beautiful place and I anticipate decent weather. If you've never been, I encourage it.

Attached are links to both Descanso Gardens and Newcombs (a hot spot for sport bikes because of the ride). They have very good food and a full bar.

http://www.newcombsranch.com/index.html
http://www.descanso.com/

I'd like to get a head count so let me know if you're interested.

I'm fiending for my next ride.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts
Sounds like a plan.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Damn, I am so bummed out about missing this ride. Sounds like a great ride, but I commited to other plans before I heard about this ride. Boo, hoo!!
Theresa

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Maybe... I might be in Alaska, or doing work in preparation for my trip to Alaska. If I can squeeze it in, I will.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Count us in for the Angeles Crest ride. Sounds like fun.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
It's official. My September 9th is quite busy...

I will be going via Ferry Boat from Skagway to Haines to Juneau...
Cab from the dock to the airport...
Then fly to Sitka, change planes, fly to Seattle, change planes, fly to Orange County...

So it looks like I won't be able to squeeze a SKY drive in there.

Sorry!

(See you next time.)

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm Wondering

I'm wondering if this day just isn't a good "fit" for everyone.....

I'd like to get more people on this drive. If we moved it to the 23rd, do you think we'd get a better turnout?

Let me know your thoughts.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
The 9th wasn't working here. Aside from other plans, my Sky will still be parked waiting on parts.
Don't know about the 23rd. Probably won't know what to expect parts-wise for another week or so.
(dum de dum de dum. sure is a purdy parked car...)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, it's official

I busted a "stitch" (no pun at all) and I have to wait on the ride....bummer.

SOOOOO, I'm still planning it, but will throw some dates and times your way soon.

=(

Don't cry for me Argentina!!! I'll be just fine.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,287 Posts

SOOOOO, I'm still planning it, but will throw some dates and times your way soon.

=(

Everything's gonna work out fine.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts

=(

Get yourself healthy. We drive when we can.
Not enough room in the trunk for duct tape, so keep you stitches together.
Take care.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ouch!!

=(

:eek: Ouch!! Sorry to hear you busted a stitch, but happy I might be able to make the fun run after all. I can not make it this weekend for sure. Let me know when the next date is so I can plan NOT to make other plans this month. I liked the sound of that particular drive. Rachel, take care of yourself, we'll all wait for YOU to be ready. :thumbs:
Theresa

·
Registered
453 Posts
Parts?

Get yourself healthy. We drive when we can.
Not enough room in the trunk for duct tape, so keep you stitches together.
Take care.
Parts for your car?? Did I miss something :confused: ? Is your car Ok? LIsten, we've missed you get that sky up and running for the next run!!
Theresa

·
Registered
59 Posts
If you're popping stitches you better rest girl! Reschedule the ride when you're feeling better.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Get well soon! The 9th didn't work for us either. The 23rd sounds good.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The 23rd...

Hmmmm, my medication has be double-booking.....

Burke Williams Spa - Saturday, September 23rd (Santa Monica locations), from 9am to noon. We call it a detox/retox event, where we go spa and then celebrate womanhood at Broadway Deli across the street with a cocktail and lunch... perhaps the 24th? Any takers? Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Disclaimer: It's Rosh Hashanah that weekend so don't tell my mom, she'd get really mad!!!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Yeah, you don't want to be driving after a day of pampering...you'll be like jello. Sounds like such a fun girly girl day.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts