Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, been reading these forums since I decided to buy a Sky. Which was one day after seeing one and a month ago. I went to the dealership here and was well down the list. I expected a long wait except I was the first person on the list to take Yellow!!! Dealer found out that his next allocation scheduled to come in is yellow...So I moved up FAST! I am estatic!

Btw I keep seeing LSD, what pray tell does that stand for?

YedraSky

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
LSD is short for Limited Slip Differential, and option that can be purchased for inclusion on your SKY or Solstice.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Hi and welcome:grouphug: : As someone who was a part of the 60's.......yes, well to reply to you re: LSD..............errr....yes, oh....hey there, wow....or sorry bout that....(little mishap) Ok then....In MHO......LSD....Could also be known as ":nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: Dont leave home without it" in a rear wheel driven sports car,,,(not car......emphisis on "SPORTS:D )" LSD improves tractuion by supplying power to the driving wheels based upon the situation.....which wheel needs more (or less) power. Again in MHO it is not an option in this area where I live...SE Massachusetts or as we refer to it...."Baja Massachusetts":cool:

·
Registered
322 Posts
LSD however does nothing for your spelling....I ment "TRACTION"....sor

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I am very happy with my LSD....... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
128 Posts
Limited Slip

Has anyone done any hard driving to make the limited slip do its job? If so how did it do? I have a limited slip on both my cars but they are of course front wheel drive, so i'm wopndering how it does on the rear wheel (wondering whether or not to get it when I order)

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Oh come on everyone... you should know the answer to this one! LSD stands for Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds! :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
SO....... that is what we are CALLING it these days..... ty Rick...... :lol: :cheers: :lol: SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well that was worth posting

Nice comments, and POSI TRAC I would know, but I kept seeing LSD and well, yes Lucy came to mind.

I am told that the dealership has only ordered loaded Sky's but that is on my list of refusal should it not have LSD. The coolest part is I do have one in the next, oh 90 days.

Now to pray it does not come in while I am in China most of August:mad: my trip just got extended from 7 days to 28 :banghead: which means my wife will get to drive it FIRST :willy:

Oh well...

YedraSky

PS SkyBaby that is what the Beetles called it when we were kids!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
1,875 Posts
rick112 said:
LSD stands for Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds! :lol:
If you're old enough to quote from that song.... you are probably old enough to... emm.. uh.. emm.. know what the other LSD stands for. :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
07blacksky said:
Has anyone done any hard driving to make the limited slip do its job? If so how did it do? I have a limited slip on both my cars but they are of course front wheel drive, so i'm wopndering how it does on the rear wheel (wondering whether or not to get it when I order)
It works dang good see tha thread about tha LSD monster....Skip....:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
692 Posts
Ole Tim Leary never saw THIS one comin' :lol:

·
Registered
804 Posts
07blacksky said:
It works just fine. I took a couple really quick turns on some loose gravel (showing off to my brother-in-law) and the system really helped out with keeping the wheels going without spinning.

** Note ** please don't do this in your Sky, I am a professional show off and forgot my brain while attempting this maneuver...small rocks being scattered about at high speed is BAD for your paint job!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Kustomkaps said:
It works just fine. I took a couple really quick turns on some loose gravel (showing off to my brother-in-law) and the system really helped out with keeping the wheels going without spinning.

** Note ** please don't do this in your Sky, I am a professional show off and forgot my brain while attempting this maneuver...small rocks being scattered about at high speed is BAD for your paint job!
:nono: :eek: :willy: :eek: :nono: naughty naughty....... oh well.. live and learn.... SkyBaby-07

1 - 17 of 17 Posts