Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We went out to see the Toledo Mudhens baseball game last night (Toledo won 2-0 in 16 innings), watched the fireworks after the game, and headed home about midnight.
We went ahead and put the top down for the drive as it was still 77 degrees out and wow, what a cool drive! Once we were out of the city and driving in the less populated area, the number of cars went way down and we had the road to ourselves. What was really cool was being able to see all the stars by just looking up. The car was nearly silent and we could hear the frogs and crickets just singing us along the way. We actually drove an extra 15 miles or so just to keep going.
This was the first actual 'night' drive in a convertable with the top down and having most of the road to ourselves was really, really cool. Hope everyone else can have this experience too!

·
Registered
192 Posts
We were at the Mudhens game on Tues. when they won 1-0. I had to go into work that night so my wife drove home and I slept. Missed the chance to star gaze.

·
Registered
574 Posts
This is one of the things I'm really looking forward to..

:cool: Remember the volkswagon commercial with the people driving to a party under a perfect night sky and instead of going to the party they just decide to keep driving.....that feeling is just about what kind of perfect night drive we all can look forward to. WAY TOO COOL!:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
We here in tha south drive top down at nite too. Of course it is better iffen you turn off tha headlites too. Driving along an then flip them lites on an hit a possum walkin across tha road. Dang good road kill stew... Skip... it also works good fir cow tippin....:lol: :lol: :lol: :cool:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
chris67 said:
:cool: Remember the volkswagon commercial with the people driving to a party under a perfect night sky and instead of going to the party they just decide to keep driving.....that feeling is just about what kind of perfect night drive we all can look forward to. WAY TOO COOL!:thumbs:
Hahaha -- Was just thinking of that very one last night!

I have a family party today -- I called and told them to reserve a spot on their driveway (narrow streets -- I don't like paring my every day car there!) they laughed and said they'd try -- Hey if there is no spot -- Drive on!! :driving:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
chris67 said:
Exactly!:thumbs:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Skip said:
We here in tha south drive top down at nite too. Of course it is better iffen you turn off tha headlites too. Driving along an then flip them lites on an hit a possum walkin across tha road. Dang good road kill stew... Skip... it also works good fir cow tippin....:lol: :lol: :lol: :cool:

The one thing I really HATE is running with the top down and going by some road kill...the smell takes your breath away- especially with the 90+ degree heat now days. Only bad thing about driving with the top down that I have had so far...

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Have ya ever gone cow tipping? Skip....:lol: :lol: sometimes ya gotta do the unexpected....of course ya have to look out for cow pies.....:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Skip said:
Have ya ever gone cow tipping? Skip....:lol: :lol: sometimes ya gotta do the unexpected....of course ya have to look out for cow pies.....:lol: :lol:

Actually, yes, I have been cow tipping. Darn cow kicked the *beep* out of my leg and ran away. Ended that endeavor quite quickly.:D

·
Registered
203 Posts
Thanks for this image, Kustomkaps!

I thought I might have seen your Sky on the sales floor at Saturn of Toledo, roped off by chains, for a few days. But from your chronology it appears that it did not stay at the dealer very long.

I have a RedLine "on order" (let's not go there) but don't expect to lay hands on her until NEXT Spring.

·
Super Moderator
11,620 Posts
If you think road kill is bad drive by a dairy with the top down. Oh you can't escape the Ode de Cattle.

I had a perfect morning this morning. I left a friend's house out in Palm Springs (lives in the hills in the middle of no where). I pull out of her yard and onto the road. "Have a Nice Day" by Bon Jovi ques up on the iPod and I hit this two lane road out of her place with not a single car to be heard or seen. The skies were clear (above, not the car) and the sun was low just putting a golden sheen on everything. Temps were perfect and the top was down...I was, indeed, having a nice day. Continued on down the road with an ear to ear grin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts