Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can some one give me a quick interpretation on what this email response from my dealer menas, "Currently an image for your order has not been created. Therefore, I do not have an event code for you yet"? I have been pretty attentive to the various dialogue on this forum but I am a little puzzled on the lack of a event code.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Because the "Order" has not been transformed to an image (which means there is no car ordered yet) there is no number (event code) on it. I hate to say it but this car still exists only as a piece of paper in the dealers drawer - waiting for an image to attach it to.
You have to wait until there is an image for a car to be ordered, to have event codes.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
Because the "Order" has not been transformed to an image (which means there is no car ordered yet) there is no number (event code) on it. I hate to say it but this car still exists only as a piece of paper in the dealers drawer - waiting for an image to attach it to.
You have to wait until there is an image for a car to be ordered, to have event codes.

:agree:

No preliminary order has been put in yet.

·
Registered
45 Posts
This really chafes my butt....

We ordered on 5/19. I've checked every 3-4 weeks for an update. No update. I called the dealer this a.m. to talk to Sales Mgr. this is what I got back from my sales guy: :mad:

Here is an update. Your number three in the order process. Which means Terry will be
able to order it this month.
I also have a constraint (hold) on 5 speed manual
transmissions. This will move the production date back.

the diva, who's losing her patience....

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Never mind

We can kill this thread. I did what I should have done before I started it and used the search feature. I am now educated enough to talk to me sales person. Thanks for the responses.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Texas Red Line said:
Rick does image mean R/L allocation from GM to the dealer?

Yes imaged means an allocation. But it seems he waits and puts his orders in when he gets an allocation. I don't know why some dealerships do this when they can put it in and get a preliminary order number, then wait for the image.
But alot of dealerships do it this way.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
921 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Talked to my sales person

I talked to my salesperson today and is comment on my first posting shown here "Currently an image for your order has not been created. Therefore, I do not have an event code for you yet. I will keep you posted as your order progresses." Means this to him. I have a preliminary order with a order number in the system. That order number has an event code but he does not get visiablity to event codes until they get to 3000. I plan on stopping at the dealership later this week and see if I can get a print out.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Texas Red Line said:
I talked to my salesperson today and is comment on my first posting shown here "Currently an image for your order has not been created. Therefore, I do not have an event code for you yet. I will keep you posted as your order progresses." Means this to him. I have a preliminary order with a order number in the system. That order number has an event code but he does not get visiablity to event codes until they get to 3000. I plan on stopping at the dealership later this week and see if I can get a print out.
He can get event codes right away. I've been getting them for people who's dealers won't for weeks. And I get them from my Pontiac Dealer. He just doesn't want to untill it hits 3000 or imaged. But he did put in a preliminary order right away I guess.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Texas Red Line said:
I'm sitting here looking at my printout. The first event on my order was 4/21/06 two days before I gave the final order. The code is 2000. There are codes if the order has been submitted.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Having the same issue

:mad:
I have a print out of a Preliminary order with a number, yea sure. I had Deluke look it up and gee guess what its not in the system, so yes my dealer or general manager must have backed it out or never actually entered it in the system so do I really have a car on order since 5/22/2006 hell NO! All I got is a pink paper promise and he has my grand sitting in his bank! Yes my dealer is on the list enough said! I left a message last week for them to call me and e-mailed the sales consultant Monday NO RESPONSE I wonder why?
:banghead: Guess its about time to make a visit to the dealer and have a hissy fit! The saddest part is all they had to do was input a real order like I asked on 5/22/06 and call or e-mail me just once a week to give me an update, I would be a very happy easy going customer, instead of :mad:
I HOPE SATURN OF TULSA IS READING THIS!!!!
AT LEAST I MIGHT GET A NEGATIVE RESPONSE INSTEAD OF NO RESPONSE!

TulsaSky

·
Registered
45 Posts
I feel your pain...

My order is dated 5/20, and I have crap to show for it. Finally hear that I'm number 3, they can order this month (?????) but there is a hold on transmissions (5sp).

I have Saturn Customer Assistance on the line, and they don't have anything on this supposed transmission issue. Totally Useless is the customer assistance line. They called my dealer (Sales Manager is not in), and this just escalates my frustration. The CAR wants to know specifically what is the question, to which I reply "why doesn't anyone know or want to be straight with us? This is NOT the Saturn we knew and loved". If I cannot get a response from CA, or my Dealer, who do I talk to next?". (he's going to find a senior team member who wants to talk to a pissed off customer....)

I'm so over this...

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
QuiltingDiva said:
My order is dated 5/20, and I have crap to show for it. Finally hear that I'm number 3, they can order this month (?????) but there is a hold on transmissions (5sp).

I have Saturn Customer Assistance on the line, and they don't have anything on this supposed transmission issue. Totally Useless is the customer assistance line. They called my dealer (Sales Manager is not in), and this just escalates my frustration. The CAR wants to know specifically what is the question, to which I reply "why doesn't anyone know or want to be straight with us? This is NOT the Saturn we knew and loved". If I cannot get a response from CA, or my Dealer, who do I talk to next?". (he's going to find a senior team member who wants to talk to a pissed off customer....)

I'm so over this...
CA - does not get the weekly constraints (the transmission business). Most reps will not (or are not supposed to) look up a cars codes. That info should be coming from your dealer. Also -- if Customer Assistenace has nothing on your car -- there is a good reason. If you are number 3 -- there is no order at Saturn for you... it is sitting in your dealer's desk drawer. They won't enter it until there is an image for it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Been there, done that

Dont expect too much information till you get a VIN number. Just be prepared to wait, the car will come.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
TulsaSky said:
:mad:
I have a print out of a Preliminary order with a number, yea sure. I had Deluke look it up and gee guess what its not in the system, so yes my dealer or general manager must have backed it out or never actually entered it in the system so do I really have a car on order since 5/22/2006 hell NO! All I got is a pink paper promise and he has my grand sitting in his bank! Yes my dealer is on the list enough said! I left a message last week for them to call me and e-mailed the sales consultant Monday NO RESPONSE I wonder why?
:banghead: Guess its about time to make a visit to the dealer and have a hissy fit! The saddest part is all they had to do was input a real order like I asked on 5/22/06 and call or e-mail me just once a week to give me an update, I would be a very happy easy going customer, instead of :mad:
I HOPE SATURN OF TULSA IS READING THIS!!!!
AT LEAST I MIGHT GET A NEGATIVE RESPONSE INSTEAD OF NO RESPONSE!

TulsaSky
Sorry I gave you info that you didn't like but at least you can get it all worked out with you dealer. Just to confirm the Number you Gave me was #KFCH9J we also tried KFCH9T incase I wrote it too sloppy but nothing showed up with either of these numbers. I try not to give out any bad info or rumors.

I guess your dealer figured you wouldn't be able to get any info except thru him. I guess he figured wrong.

Please make sure you double check the order number I have for you listed above.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Did you forget...The car isn't even in full production yet. Give your salespeople a break. I have $1000 deposit down on a RedLine with no preliminary order number (4th in line), and I barely check in with my saleslady once a month, and that will continue until I see the constraints lifted. It doesn't do any good to have an order in the system anyway until the dealership has an image. Why get all stressed out about it...

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
QuiltingDiva said:

I'm so over this...
Talk to the sales manager or general Manager. If you still get no answere got to the owner.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
ShowGal said:
Did you forget...The car isn't even in full production yet. Give your salespeople a break. I have $1000 deposit down on a RedLine with no preliminary order number (4th in line), and I barely check in with my saleslady once a month, and that will continue until I see the constraints lifted. It doesn't do any good to have an order in the system anyway until the dealership has an image. Why get all stressed out about it...
But is does, it price protects it in case any prices go up.

And if your 4th in line you might not see it untill next spring or summer.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
CA - does not get the weekly constraints (the transmission business). Most reps will not (or are not supposed to) look up a cars codes. That info should be coming from your dealer. Also -- if Customer Assistenace has nothing on your car -- there is a good reason. If you are number 3 -- there is no order at Saturn for you... it is sitting in your dealer's desk drawer. They won't enter it until there is an image for it.

:agree: :agree:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts