Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure if this has been discussed before, but I just got a call from my Saturn dealer here in Metro-Detroit telling me they would not be offering GMS pricing on the SKY

This came as a pretty big shock, to most in Detroit employee pricing is a birthright.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
SKY_DTW said:
Not sure if this has been discussed before, but I just got a call from my Saturn dealer here in Metro-Detroit telling me they would not be offering GMS pricing on the SKY

This came as a pretty big shock, to most in Detroit employee pricing is a birthright.
From what I understand that is also up the the individual dealer.... call around and see if some others are saying the same thing...

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
wow, I figured that gms would be tough to get everywhere except in Detroit!

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Originating in Detroit myself a few years ago with a couple of generations of family working for GM, the GMS is something that has kept us loyal to General Motors. This will not affect my purchase of the SKY but is would have been nice to knock off a few thousand from the purchase price.:willy:

·
Registered
36 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
From what I understand that is also up the the individual dealer.... call around and see if some others are saying the same thing...
I know it varies market to market, but if I remember correctly, GM only reimburses 70% of the discount, meaning the dealer would eat the remaining 30%. I don't see too many of them willing to do that with demand being as high as it is.

·
Registered
131 Posts
yes and they also won't offer any GM Visa points on this car either, I found that out last Thursday~ I had $2500.00 dollars to use towards it to, I guess that will be oil change money now. lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Each retailer can decide on their own whether to honor GMS pricing. Like the Z06 vette, the employee purchaser must agreed to maintain ownership for at least 2 yrs. Also like the vette, it's unlikely many will opt to sell at GMS.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Chloe said:
yes and they also won't offer any GM Visa points on this car either, I found that out last Thursday~ I had $2500.00 dollars to use towards it to, I guess that will be oil change money now. lol
GM VISA? I had a GM Mastercard, but not a Visa.....Hmmm

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
They are offering $1,000 GM points on the Solstice. And I thought my dealer said $1,000 of on the Sky as well.

·
Registered
623 Posts
SKY_DTW said:

Which one was it?

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
As far as I know, Saturn doesn't take the GM Credit Card points and hasn't for a long time now. :brentil: I know for a fact that it has made me loose some sales to other GM brands. :banghead: Makes me wonder why they don't do it... :mad:

Regards,

:willy: S.D.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
As far as I know, Saturn doesn't take the GM Credit Card points and hasn't for a long time now. :brentil: I know for a fact that it has made me loose some sales to other GM brands. :banghead: Makes me wonder why they don't do it... :mad:

Regards,

has your dealership had anyone want to use employee discount yet? if so, what was the outcome?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sky Dealer said:

Regards,

Saturn is actually allowed to use the "GM Extended Family First" credit card up to $1,000. That has been in play since they changed all of the cards and their earnings about 2 years ago. When you call the number to verify the earnings, it will say..."press 8 for Chevy, 9 for Hummer, etc..." and does not mention Saturn...What you have to do is dial 0 or press # and it will take you to the operator and they give the authorization number just like GMS. That is the ONLY card that GM allows Saturn to accept, but they can accept it. As for the Sky, I've not heard any limitations yet. :)

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
MidwestSky said:
Saturn is actually allowed to use the "GM Extended Family First" credit card up to $1,000. That has been in play since they changed all of the cards and their earnings about 2 years ago. When you call the number to verify the earnings, it will say..."press 8 for Chevy, 9 for Hummer, etc..." and does not mention Saturn...What you have to do is dial 0 or press # and it will take you to the operator and they give the authorization number just like GMS. That is the ONLY card that GM allows Saturn to accept, but they can accept it. As for the Sky, I've not heard any limitations yet. :)
Thanks for the info, I'll check it out!!! :cheers: :thumbs:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
usmc said:
has your dealership had anyone want to use employee discount yet? if so, what was the outcome?
Nothing as of yet... :thumbs:

Regards,

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
is there any dealer on this forum who has encountered a customer that wanted to use the employee discount? Or am I going to be the first?

At this point, the GM of the dealership is saying "they haven't been told anything yet" and I haven't really pressed the issue. When my car reaches code 040, then I will begin to press him to stop waiting to "hear" something and to go and find out. I'm already a big enough pain in the A** for them with my constant phone calls... hehe. So don't want to press my luck, just yet. :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
usmc said:
is there any dealer on this forum who has encountered a customer that wanted to use the employee discount? Or am I going to be the first?

At this point, the GM of the dealership is saying "they haven't been told anything yet" and I haven't really pressed the issue. When my car reaches code 040, then I will begin to press him to stop waiting to "hear" something and to go and find out. I'm already a big enough pain in the A** for them with my constant phone calls... hehe. So don't want to press my luck, just yet. :cheers:
I hope they do it for you but I wouldn't bet on it... :banghead: Seems like a lot of dealers are going to NOT accept GMS until they get rid of the waiting list... :nono:

Regards,

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
I hope they do it for you but I wouldn't bet on it... :banghead: Seems like a lot of dealers are going to NOT accept GMS until they get rid of the waiting list... :nono:

Regards,

by saying that, you imply that GM is allowing the dealer to accept it, if they want. My dealer told me that if GM allows it, then they will allow it also.
can you clarify? Has GM told you that you can offer it if you like?

another question-- isn't GMS different than Employee pricing? I thought GMS was a supplier discount

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I got this from the gm family first site.

can you tell me what SVPP and PEP are?

..................SVPP
Saturn ION ..YES
Saturn RELAY ..YES
Saturn SKY ..YES
Saturn VUE ..YES

and this--

.......................PEP GMS
Saturn ION.........YES YES
Saturn RELAY......YES YES
Saturn SKY.........YES YES
Saturn VUE.........YES YES