·
Registered
21 Posts
I did this a few months ago, still have zero heat coming out of the vents :/

Only thing left to try is the resistor trick

·
Administrator
7,327 Posts
I have a feeling there's some valuable information in the missing images up top. Can those be recovered?
Photobucket was used extensively in the early days before the forum hosted its own pictures. They were once free, then they weren't, so any pictures stored there disappeared.

The pictures related to the installation of check valves in the heater lines to prevent the formation of air bubbles in the coolant lines. Air bubbles will cause the overheat/no heat condition.

Reactions: MaxDaemon

·
Registered
203 Posts
Photobucket was used extensively in the early days before the forum hosted its own pictures. They were once free, then they weren't, so any pictures stored there disappeared.

The pictures related to the installation of check valves in the heater lines to prevent the formation of air bubbles in the coolant lines. Air bubbles will cause the overheat/no heat condition.
John are the pictures anywhere else ? Maybe my issue is the check valves - I’m planning on changing the thermostat saturday - the car was a bit high this morning at 225 but was ok on the way home at 210 but again then right back down to 199

are the check valves available anymore ? Possibly this is my issue - I’ll change the tstat and see if that cures it but if not please point me I. The direction of those check valves , do you have them installed ? Did you do it yourself or at a a dealer ?
Thank you -
Louis

·
Administrator
7,327 Posts
John are the pictures anywhere else ? Maybe my issue is the check valves - I’m planning on changing the thermostat saturday - the car was a bit high this morning at 225 but was ok on the way home at 210 but again then right back down to 199

are the check valves available anymore ? Possibly this is my issue - I’ll change the tstat and see if that cures it but if not please point me I. The direction of those check valves , do you have them installed ? Did you do it yourself or at a a dealer ?
Thank you -
Louis
The pictures may still be behind a pay wall at PhotoBucket, and whoever posted them originally likely still has them, but they never existed within the forum, so they are not anywhere that we can access them.

I have not installed the check valves, as I have never had a problem with air bubbles.

·
Registered
656 Posts
are the check valves available anymore ? Possibly this is my issue - I’ll change the tstat and see if that cures it but if not please point me I. The direction of those check valves , do you have them installed ?
here is a pic of the part number and valves. Yes they are available. Actually way cheaper than when they came out.
they are not a replacement for properly purging air out of the system. These will help with the last of the bubbles. I assume they will purge once per cooling cycle as the air pockets will rise to the top of the engine and get burped out as the coolant heats up and expands on its way to the overflow bottle.

Make sure you install them with the taper pointing towards the nipple.
you will need 2 of them
Font Material property Gas Plastic Auto part

·
Registered
350 Posts
here is a pic of the part number and valves. Yes they are available. Actually way cheaper than when they came out.
they are not a replacement for properly purging air out of the system. These will help with the last of the bubbles. I assume they will purge once per cooling cycle as the air pockets will rise to the top of the engine and get burped out as the coolant heats up and expands on its way to the overflow bottle.

you will need 2 of them View attachment 117650
i have these sitting in my tool box,will install next coolant change along with new t-stat this coming spring. 😎 (y)

·
Registered
203 Posts

you will need 2 of them View attachment 117650
Do I need to vacuum bleed the system after installing these valves ? My buddy That has the vacuum bleeder just emailed me and let me know that he has Covid so he has to stay quarantined and I can’t do it now for another two weeks. I sure hope he will be ok. But if I don’t have to vacuum bleed it afterwards I could probably just install the valves in my driveway. Car stayed under 207 the past two days and has heat so maybe it is the valves and not the tstat

·
Registered
656 Posts
Do I need to vacuum bleed the system after installing these valves ? My buddy That has the vacuum bleeder just emailed me and let me know that he has Covid so he has to stay quarantined and I can’t do it now for another two weeks. I sure hope he will be ok. But if I don’t have to vacuum bleed it afterwards I could probably just install the valves in my driveway. Car stayed under 207 the past two days and has heat so maybe it is the valves and not the tstat
don’t necessarily need to vacuum bleed the system. There will be minimal fluid loss from the two overflow hoses. We used low pressure compressed air through the coolant overflow bottle to purge the system.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts