Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why doesn't my dealer have images yet??? This Sucks!!! Sometimes I wish Saturn was a person, so i could kick him in the nuts!

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
HEHEHEHEHEHEHE, Same here!!!

right in the nooots!:lol:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Everyone take a chill pill and calm down.... :chill:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
No kidding :cuss:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
geeeez, can't we have a little fun? call it stress relief

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
usmc said:
geeeez, can't we have a little fun? call it stress relief
thats what the chill pill is for:chill:
anyone else notice almost all the ones that have said they have ordered a Sky are newbies??? what about us old timers that have been on top of this since day one and have had deposits down for close to a year? Why havent we got to order yet??? hmmmm???? makes you wonder don't it.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Someone I talked to at my Saturn dealership said all images delivered are for actual production cars! The dealer is suppose get a demo car outside of the images sent (actually the dealer demos are already pre-built). If you were number one on your dealer's list to get a car and they took the image and claimed it as their demo, they are lying! Is this true?? :mad:

·
Registered
438 Posts
CarJunkie said:
Someone I talked to at my Saturn dealership said all images delivered are for actual production cars! The dealer is suppose get a demo car outside of the images sent (actually the dealer demos are already pre-built). If you were number one on your dealer's list to get a car and they took the image and claimed it as their demo, they are lying! Is this true?? :mad:

NOT TRUE! See other threads...but I ordered mine yesterday and those first images were show room only! No doubt about it! I am first at my dealership and he said a 1 week or so and they will get the images for the public. I'm sure we will all know soon!

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I'm, :chill: ing:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
ishot3bucks said:
NOT TRUE! See other threads...but I ordered mine yesterday and those first images were show room only! No doubt about it! I am first at my dealership and he said a 1 week or so and they will get the images for the public. I'm sure we will all know soon!
I don't know that you are correct... my dealer recd 3 images so far. they can't all be for demo cars.
the way I understand it is that the demo image is supposed to go in first (though I have seen on here that some dealers processed their customers image already) and the customers will go in starting next week or early Feb. ( I'm told my image can't go in till feb 6th) so I guess he'll process one of the 3 images for his demo and hold the other 2 till he gets the ok from whoever it is that gives the ok :rolleyes:
but as usual-- theres alot of confusion going on and i'm starting to get the feeling that not all the dealerships are on the same page. It appears that some have gotten lucky and rcvd an order ID # which I believe you get when u process the image and then others, like myself, are told we have to wait. frustrating but I think most of us were expecting this. :banghead:

·
Registered
40 Posts
SKYMAN, be careful about throwing the newbie name around, you would probably consider me a newbie, registered for just a couple of months with just a few posts but, truth be known I have been watching and reading (and laughing) at everyone's posts for some time now but I didn't register until I had something to say. So does that make me a newbie and by the way I too have ordered (my dealer wrote down what I wanted) just not officially yet as I doubt to many people have done yet.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
usmc said:
I don't know that you are correct... my dealer recd 3 images so far. they can't all be for demo cars.
the way I understand it is that the demo image is supposed to go in first (though I have seen on here that some dealers processed their customers image already) and the customers will go in starting next week or early Feb. ( I'm told my image can't go in till feb 6th) so I guess he'll process one of the 3 images for his demo and hold the other 2 till he gets the ok from whoever it is that gives the ok :rolleyes:
but as usual-- theres alot of confusion going on and i'm starting to get the feeling that not all the dealerships are on the same page. It appears that some have gotten lucky and rcvd an order ID # which I believe you get when u process the image and then others, like myself, are told we have to wait. frustrating but I think most of us were expecting this. :banghead:
one last thing, an example of this is sky dealer posted on here I think yesterday that his dealership processed their first customer image but then saturn sales reports today that they were told to wait on customer orders.... two dealers - two different scenarios

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
CarJunkie said:
NOT TRUE!!! We where given the choice to use our first image as a Dealer Demo or as a regular customer order and we (management) chose to use it as a customer order. :eek: The dealer does NOT have to use it as a demo although a lot are going to. :rolleyes:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
bubblehead1965 said:
SKYMAN, be careful about throwing the newbie name around, you would probably consider me a newbie, registered for just a couple of months with just a few posts but, truth be known I have been watching and reading (and laughing) at everyone's posts for some time now but I didn't register until I had something to say. So does that make me a newbie and by the way I too have ordered (my dealer wrote down what I wanted) just not officially yet as I doubt to many people have done yet.
I was making an observation is all.....most of the ones that say they have ordered said so when they had less than 10 posts........

I guerss a lot of people use the term ordered when they have just filled out a sheet that tells the dealer what they want on the car and gives a deposit.... I called order when they actually sit down with me and place my order in the official GM ordering system and get a written comformation my order was accepted....

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
I'm still:chill:ing. Will get a Sky eventually:cheers:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Sky Dealer said:
NOT TRUE!!! We where given the choice to use our first image as a Dealer Demo or as a regular customer order and we (management) chose to use it as a customer order. :eek: The dealer does NOT have to use it as a demo although a lot are going to. :rolleyes:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
to help clarify this, at first the dealers were told that the first one would have to be a non sellable demo, now they can choose what they want to do with the first one... unfortunately for me my dealer is using his for the demo

·
Registered
275 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
to help clarify this, at first the dealers were told that the first one would have to be a non sellable demo, now they can choose what they want to do with the first one... unfortunately for me my dealer is using his for the demo
So your dealer did get their first image? Mine just got one today. I'm sorry that they are using theirs for a demo, although I guess you weren't terribly surprised by this choice. I know time is of the essence for you. My dealer is also using his as a demo, which I expected. Take heart, I'm sure your image will come up any day now and you'll be on your way to getting your much awaited SKY to share with your wife....:)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Sorry... I'm a bit confused on whether there have been two images at this point or one. I understand the showroom cars were ordered first, last week, and that these are GM owned and will be scrapped at some point (per Sky Dealer). Is the Demo car that people are talking about in addition to that? Thanks!

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Actual order

SkyMan 07 said:
I was making an observation is all.....most of the ones that say they have ordered said so when they had less than 10 posts........

I guess a lot of people use the term ordered when they have just filled out a sheet that tells the dealer what they want on the car and gives a deposit.... I called order when they actually sit down with me and place my order in the official GM ordering system and get a written comformation my order was accepted....
I did. I sat down with the GM we ordered through the system I have an order ID, and shipping destination, merchandise model description ZMB 67 SKY & these two words "Order Accepted" I even made a change from black leater to red leather and it went through okay. I had the priviledge of watching it on General Managers computer what more can I say, being a good enough customer to know the Owner of this Saturn group on a first name basis might help, ya reckon? No Deposit Required on my end! I am also first on the list here for the AURA later this year, go figure huh?

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Dealers Choice

SkyMan 07 said:
That goes along with what I have been told and it is true down here in Texas.
Does anyone have a realistic lead time from order acceptance to production start? Also I was told Order ID/Production date/VIN assigned towards completion/Completion Date/Shipping date/Customer Pick Up? Delears receive their updates weekly here on Tuesday A.M. My dealer is good enough to give me printouts and will every time my order is moved forward. This will be #9 and the AURA #10 and if they ever make a Red Line SKY I am sure that"ll be #11. Ha!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts