Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a result of mutual frustration between buyer/seller... I will not be placing any more calls or visits to my dealer. As of today, there seems to be a lot of inconsistencies in what I am told between the dealership and Saturn Customer Service. I have no idea whether my car is stuck in Chrome Wheel purgatory, but I am apparently still in status 030 since March 14th. Although I was originally told 4-6 weeks for delivery, if my car is still in 030, I guess I still have 4-6 weeks for delivery. I wish I could say something more positive, but I feel like the relationship I had with the dealership has been tarnished and I prefer to wait in silence now.

I know you're reading "B", let's just let sleeping dogs lye and call me when it comes.

Sad regards,
Angel

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I imaged on March 13th, one day before you and I'm still at 030.

from reading everyone elses experience, I've come up with 2 possible scenarios.

1) we are on chrome wheel hold. Even though I don't have that "136" code, we still could be stuck with the constraint. If thats the case, there is nothing you can do about it now being that our images are locked. your dealer or customer service isn't gonna be much help as much of this type of info is never given to them from the factory. Read the SOL forum, they went thru this over and over again, this is not a surprise.

2)we got lucky and got the chrome wheels before they ran out. In which case, means we are at 030 but really our cars are being built. We have seen over and over again that many of the current sky owners went from 030 straight to 040 or 048 including the one person at my dealership who's car is to be delivered today or tomorrow. She was at 030 for weeks and then all of a sudden, 048... shipped.

I'm thinking that scenario 1 is probably the case but I hope I'm wrong. dont get to mad at your dealership, they don't know any thing but what the consolidated report tells them which isn't much, same goes for the customer service people most of the time. I've been reading your posts and your dealer pretty much knows the same as mine about our situation.... zilch.

I actually knew about the chrome constraint and told him about it before he got the "official" word from his chain of command. Take your frustrations out on Saturn, corp. They are the ones who establish what they order and of how much.

one more thing-- 4-6 weeks, no way!! 6 weeks (from image to delivery, seems to be about the average for everyone NOT in the west coast. but from what I can tell, west coast seems to be about 4-5 weeks from image to ship and another 15-20 days for delivery. (drive time, trucks,trains..etc)
my dealer demo took 17 days and the lady waiting is at 18 days today. Thats just shipping time!

just my 2 cents

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
Your frustration is understandable, and I'm sorry to hear the wait is so difficult.
I just have to offer up that the folks you're dealing with have the very best of intentions and want to give you the best info they can.
The process is a bit bumpy. Things change. Information coming down the line to all gets pretty iffy.
Your dealer is caught in the middle of all of this, and there's just nothing they can do.

If at all possible, try to find a way to look ahead beyond all this.
This will pass, and you'll be driving your car soon enough.
After waiting as long as you have, try to see this as part of the whole experience.
There's very few people out there, besides your fellow forum compatriots, who even have the opportunity to be where you are now.

Be happy!!!. It'll get here. The rains will go away and you'll soon be cruising around with the top down having a ball.
Those codes will make you crazy. Stop watching them. They'll make the whole process seem slower.

So stop calling your dealer.
You're slowing down all the rest of our cars...

·
Registered
149 Posts
That sucks to hear. I know that the chrome wheels are made in Japan and they have shifted all of thier production to the chrome wheels. When they sent out thier image batches in mid march they came back with almost 90% chrome wheels. An option not throught to be very popular because of the cost. Saturn was not prepared for such a response and it was too late to correct it for the imiges that went in, they could only put restrictions on it. If you think about it that is 450 dealerships, 90% chrome wheels and 4 wheels per car. Thats over 1,600 chrome wheels, not an easy task to get done when your expecting less then half of that. It will get built but they have to produce your wheels and they get them over here, again 1,600 wheels = lots of wieght and will probably be comming via barge then train, thats going to equal a good 2 week back up. Don't sweat, it will come, I bet they have skys sitting on hubs waiting for wheels then they will send out a huge shipment.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Angel, Angel, Angel. Come on now youngin you know that I have hoarded all the chrome at my house and no-one , not even you, is going to get it . See I like to chrome my teeth for a most dazzeling smile. See dazzling tant it? Now I hope that you tant too angry at me but soon I will let the world have some chrome for wheels if they are nice.... Skip.. with the dazzling smile....:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
As a result of mutual frustration between buyer/seller... I will not be placing any more calls or visits to my dealer. ...............Angel
Just when you least expect it! I pulled my camera and checkbook from my car at 11:30am (Tired of waiting!)
Got call at 11:45 that the Demo was in..(looks like it might be my long lost baby)..Thank you Saturn of Torrance for putting up with my calls and Emails.
Angelqute1, I don't know how many were on the truck but it is headed your direction..I forgot to get the VIN #
Pictures before cleanup:

Attachments

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Ok Ok I will use toothpaste. I release the chrome to the world. Yall can have those chrome wheels. little chromy door locks. And yes chrome bumpers. Just use it wisely and it will last. Angel I hope ya tant mad at ol Skip. I promise not to hoard any more chrome...just automatic transmissions. Ok Ok not even automatic transmissions. Let the world turn again... Skip not feeling to super now.... :cheers: :cheers:

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Oh I do love that deep blue. I wanted to get a blue, but the truck and Jag are both blue, and the wife has been wanting an English Racing Green, so Forest Green was the best option.:rolleyes: Have to keep the spouse happy!:thumbs:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
As a result of mutual frustration between buyer/seller... I will not be placing any more calls or visits to my dealer. As of today, there seems to be a lot of inconsistencies in what I am told between the dealership and Saturn Customer Service. I have no idea whether my car is stuck in Chrome Wheel purgatory, but I am apparently still in status 030 since March 14th. Although I was originally told 4-6 weeks for delivery, if my car is still in 030, I guess I still have 4-6 weeks for delivery. I wish I could say something more positive, but I feel like the relationship I had with the dealership has been tarnished and I prefer to wait in silence now.

I know you're reading "B", let's just let sleeping dogs lye and call me when it comes.

Sad regards,
Angel
It's just not worth it to get too upset Angel... First of all -- there are three entities involved in your Sky’s construction.
The dealer
Customer Service
The factory

The Dealer (Saturn Store)
Now your dealer is VERY interested in making sure you get your car - as they actually make a living selling them. They -- however, can't build them. They are like you -- waiting to hear from the factory.

Customer Service
Customer service is looking at the very same info that your dealer is. O.k. it might be a day or so more up to date. Inconsistent? Perhaps -- we both know two people can look at a document and tell you the same basic information - but there will be inconsistentcies.

Factory
Finally there is the factory. They ain’t talking -- I bet what they want to do is build SKYs so they are doing what they do best.

Here is how I have finally decided to track my SKY.

They will call me when it is in.
Now that is not to say that I won't pop off an email or stop in a couple of times. But, I won’t expect anything -- because I won't be talking to the factory and they are the only ones who hold the future of Sunni in their hands...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
eldeeko said:
Just when you least expect it! I pulled my camera and checkbook from my car at 11:30am (Tired of waiting!)
Got call at 11:45 that the Demo was in..(looks like it might be my long lost baby)..Thank you Saturn of Torrance for putting up with my calls and Emails.
Angelqute1, I don't know how many were on the truck but it is headed your direction..I forgot to get the VIN #
Pictures before cleanup:
Hard to tell from the one pic, but are those the standard painted alloy wheels?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
It's just not worth it to get too upset Angel... First of all -- there are three entities involved in your Sky’s construction.
The dealer
Customer Service
The factory

The Dealer (Saturn Store)
Now your dealer is VERY interested in making sure you get your car - as they actually make a living selling them. They -- however, can't build them. They are like you -- waiting to hear from the factory.

Customer Service
Customer service is looking at the very same info that your dealer is. O.k. it might be a day or so more up to date. Inconsistent? Perhaps -- we both know two people can look at a document and tell you the same basic information - but there will be inconsistentcies.

Factory
Finally there is the factory. They ain’t talking -- I bet what they want to do is build SKYs so they are doing what they do best.

Here is how I have finally decided to track my SKY.

They will call me when it is in.
Now that is not to say that I won't pop off an email or stop in a couple of times. But, I won’t expect anything -- because I won't be talking to the factory and they are the only ones who hold the future of Sunni in their hands...
In all seriousness Rick is right. Enjoy the forum and the Skys will be here when they are here. Blue Skys nothing but blue Skys for me and me .....Skip seeing blue and singing tooo.....:thumbs: :thumbs:

·
Registered
802 Posts
nscrbug said:
Hard to tell from the one pic, but are those the standard painted alloy wheels?
Yes they are. I was so excited I didn't even notice myself until I reviewed the pictures.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Angelqute I understand your frustration. Up here Saturn isn't telling me anything other than the car has no build date and hasn't been preferenced. I don't know if I will get the car in late May or early June like my dealer is guessing or if it will be September or October (just in time to put it away for the winter). I want to get on with life. If the car won't be here this summer I want to pick up a boat. One I was looking at dropped $10,000 in price over the winter.

This keeping it secret is :bs: and there isn't any reason for it! :nono:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts