Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
seen 4 cars coming off a truck today all had the updated fender fix. problem solved tech said they installed a extra screw in the fender might also be a updated fender shield with more clearance not sure i was too busy looking at the crazy yellow one coming off the truck.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Well that is definitely the news I've been waiting to hear. :thumbs:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes good news indeed. seems like the problems was on the right rear tech put his hand in front on the tire to show me there was more clearance so maybe they have updated the plastic wheel well for more clearance. said before his hand would be tighter.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
not really sure on this one but i think he said the hood could now be shut with the doors opened. he showed me how there was clearance when doing this. but don t hold me too it please check with your service dept.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
hayabusa said:
not really sure on this one but i think he said the hood could now be shut with the doors opened. he showed me how there was clearance when doing this. but don t hold me too it please check with your service dept.
That's one I'd be too nervous to try on my own :willy: .... Yikes.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Thanks for the update on the wheel rub

·
Registered
225 Posts
hayabusa said:
I was at a dealership that had a newer sky this past Saturday. My father (didn't know better) shut the hood while the driver door was open, and there seemed to be no problems.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
etw98 said:
I was at a dealership that had a newer sky this past Saturday. My father (didn't know better) shut the hood while the driver door was open, and there seemed to be no problems.
do you happen to remember if the door was open all the way or open to the half way stop?

from what I understand, the hood will only hit if the door is open to the half way mark..

if it is open all the way or closed all the way... then the hood will close fine.

·
Registered
102 Posts
It's always surprising to people that a car isn't examined/tested for every conceivable set of circumstances, but the plain fact is that it would take
forever and you still wouldn't know if you got every bug out of the car. My brother worked for a dealership years ago and he said that an all new platform,
with 4 models, was delivered and come to find out, the spare tire didn't
fit. The manufacturer sent all of the shops that had the cars a tool that
they could use to alter the spare and make it fit and redesigned the spare. Whether it's my field - computer software, or a car, engineering is still engineering and the same kind of errors show up. Someone designs some part of the car (or program) and then later the parts that interface to the part are modified and no one catches the fact that the already designed part no longer works. You can count on this happening as surely as the sun rises tomorrow. The question is when does the error show up - in testing, by the dealer , or by the owner. The later it's found, the greater the cost of the error.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
hayabusa said:
If memory serves me right, it wasn't a problem with the door either FULLY OPEN or FULLY CLOSED. Somewhere in between, contact could occur.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts