Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
don't call me a traitor .... but I can't wait any longer.... I found a very good deal on a new miata Grand Touring 2006 with 6 speed!!!! ... in my local dealer....

I already talked to my saturn dealer they will give me back my $500... and they told me I couldn't give my spot to anyone else... It was going to be offered to the next one in line..

sorry guys but just like edmunds.com said!
it's 10 billion times more fun to drive. It's more responsive. Its engine is livelier and its gearbox feels like it was plucked from a shifter kart.
i'll still see how everyone is doing with their cars here ... every now and then.....

·
Registered
256 Posts
Congrats bro. I've been linking my yellow car off your links for a month now. You're still part of the family.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
Hope you enjoy - it's all in what makes YOU happy. We visit friends near Lake Charles so if you ever see a Silver Pearl with Pennsylvania plates flag us down.:)

·
Registered
113 Posts
they forgot to mention "looks like a bar of soap"
Flame on!
hehe damn bro i hate that you switched camps...peace

·
Registered
295 Posts
Mazda looks ok, but you gotta admit that the Sky looks WAY more classier. The mazda has a plain looking exterior.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
ku4zs said:
Mazda looks ok, but you gotta admit that the Sky looks WAY more classier. The mazda has a plain looking exterior.
:agree:
I just checked out one on a local Mazda dealers site, and yes I agree. They are very very plain compaired to the Sky. Also, there are soooo many more of them out there. Looks like the rest of us will be part of the "elite fleet" :thumbs:

·
Registered
295 Posts
agirltrucker said:
:agree:
I just checked out one on a local Mazda dealers site, and yes I agree. They are very very plain compaired to the Sky. Also, there are soooo many more of them out there. Looks like the rest of us will be part of the "elite fleet" :thumbs:

It is my opinion that part of the appeal of a new car is being unique. When I bought my SC2 back in 2001, I considered other models, like for example: a mustang. But everyone has a mustang, they are all over the place. Albeit mustangs are nice cars, they are not unique.

When I get my Sky, I will be the only one within 50 miles with one. I should have the first customer car from my dealer, and their 2 sister dealers. Originality turns heads quicker....

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Wow, we are alike in a lot of ways. I too had a SC2 (2000) and will also be the 1st Sky to arrive at my dealers. :thumbs: (he also owns 2 dealerships)

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Just get what makes you happy...... i looked at the miata a while back.. .just couldnt do it..... would rather wait.... EVEN THOUGH IT HAS KILLED ME..... but........ MINE WILL BE HERE BY NEXT WEEK..... IT IS OFFICIAL... I GET THE BLACK ONE....... VIN 100225!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Just get what makes you happy...... i looked at the miata a while back.. .just couldnt do it..... would rather wait.... EVEN THOUGH IT HAS KILLED ME..... but........ MINE WILL BE HERE BY NEXT WEEK..... IT IS OFFICIAL... I GET THE BLACK ONE....... VIN 100225!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SkyBaby-07
Dont forget, Pictures baby Pictures. Hopefully they will have this forum fixed pretty soon so we can post pics again....

·
Registered
326 Posts
Good luck dude. We also looked at the Miata but it does look generic ( same style as when it came out in the late 80's or 90's?). Im sure it is quicker than the Sky , but come on 10 billion times funner to drive. Anyway you gotta do what you gotta do, so I say just don't settle. Have you even had a chance to drive both cars? As far as you have come I think I would have at least done that prior to buying.:thumbs:

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
man the drive was great!:cheers:
taking pictures right now!.......!
oh man i'm happy!......
i'll post them soon!! :eek:
man that red with red leather seats looks great!
you guys will like my "soap" like Astronomer said above ;)

·
Registered
113 Posts
haha congrats man...i hope you enjoy it
hard not to if its ten billion times more fun to drive :thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
It pains me to say it, but congratulations on the new ride. I've always liked Miatas, but can never buy one now since my mother's been driving them for the last 10 years. Post some pics for us, and don't be a stranger!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I actually think the Miata looks good...there is a real nice one with a killer stripe kit in my neighborhood.......but everytime someone mentions that slightly biased edmumds article my blood pressure rises hehe

·
Registered
311 Posts
Congratulations, and enjoy your new ride.:thumbs:

Going to drive to Winnsboro La. for Easter.

I just may get my Sky before I leave here but the wife needs more storage space than the Sky affords.:lol:

Will have to drive the 2000 LS.:banghead:

Again, enjoy the ride.

Ernest, if I see your plate when I drive through Dallas, I'll be a honkin'!:thumbs:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Awesome -- enjoy your new ride.

Interesting note about the Sky vs. the Miata from a marketing/design perspective...

Miata's doors were initially designed to curve in to the driver to invite him/her to place their arm out the window. It was to bring about the leisurely spirit of the car. This has not been as exaggerated in current models but the design still resonates today.

The sky on the other hand has a much lower cockpit with an arm rest, inviting you to stay put (please keep all hands and arms within the ride at all times) and not have your arm out the window -- though I still do it, hand on the side mirror.

Either way, if you decide NEXT summer the Sky is still the ride for you -- you can always switch and Im thinking with much less of an ordering fiasco.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Enjoy your new Miata! I still can't believe we were standing 10 feet from one another at the Houston Auto Show! Who knew! Good luck and have fun in your new ride!:thumbs:

·
Registered
380 Posts
I own a Miata also.

azote said:
don't call me a traitor .... but I can't wait any longer.... I found a very good deal on a new miata Grand Touring 2006 with 6 speed!!!! ... in my local dealer....

I already talked to my saturn dealer they will give me back my $500... and they told me I couldn't give my spot to anyone else... It was going to be offered to the next one in line..

Sorry my friend, but I think you made a mistake. I own a very nice '99 Miata and wouldn't trade three of them for my Sky. While the Miata has a nice gearbox & are tough little cars, thats about the end of the story. The Miata won't corner & handle the twistys like the Sky. I know! In the looks catagory.... it's no contest who wins that.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts