Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Talked to my salesman today. 18 days since invoice paid and still no car. He told me that they have gotten NO deliveries of new cars for 2 weeks. They are begining to wonder whats going on????? Looks like my baby is not the only one that is has not come in.... Getting weirder & weirder every day..:willy:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Sorry to hear that. I hope it's not a trend. :willy:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. Im sure its not. I was gonna ask dealer, "Have you paid your bills?" :lol: :banghead:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Canadian Kick off May 11??
If they have cars built, unshipped, but ready to go -- this could clog up the delivery pipeline....

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well lets get some draino and uclogg that pipe...:lol:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Well lets get some draino and uclogg that pipe...:lol:
Just don't spill any of it on the cars! :D

·
Registered
233 Posts
My Dealer here in Newark, DE received their last car about 1 month or so ago. Mine is the next one they are expecting but have no idea when it's coming... my order is still "stuck" at 3000.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And now in the news they were saying about a train derailment in Kansas with cars on it....:eek:

·
Registered
67 Posts
The Sky I just purchased was delivered 10 days ago, last Friday night, so the 18 days doesn't make sense for all Saturn dealerships. I hope the next deliveries are very soon because I can not bring my Sky home until the next one is delivered.........

·
Registered
314 Posts
tyler07 said:
My Dealer here in Newark, DE received their last car about 1 month or so ago. Mine is the next one they are expecting but have no idea when it's coming...
Ditto here, 'tho the dealership told us to expect news this week. Our order was "sequenced" last week. Dealer got 3 generic dealer ordered Skys delivered over a 1 week span beginning 4/14 but none since. Ours is to be next (unless another Sky comes in out of order). We had option of getting either of the two earlier automatics but decided to hold out for exactly what we wanted. Unless something dramatic happens soon we're looking at June at best before we get the keys. We put our deposit down back in November 2005. Experiencing hefty amount of anxiety mixed with anticipation at this stage in the game.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
pm01862 said:
The Sky I just purchased was delivered 10 days ago, last Friday night, so the 18 days doesn't make sense for all Saturn dealerships. I hope the next deliveries are very soon because I can not bring my Sky home until the next one is delivered.........
I cant understand you, or anyone, having to wait to bring yours home. Somethings not right there. My dealer lets people take them home as soon as they are done with the pdi. I would tell my dealer to shove it if he made me leave it there. NO WAY .....:nono:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Heard just in passing

I heard a conversation the other day that there seems to be an issue with Transporters, not exactly sure what the issue was this guy was talking about so maybe someone can find out if there really is one. I just know this, for over 3 weeks there have been Skys sitting in the rail yard in Tampa Florida

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
Draw22 said:
I heard a conversation the other day that there seems to be an issue with Transporters, not exactly sure what the issue was this guy was talking about so maybe someone can find out if there really is one. I just know this, for over 3 weeks there have been Skys sitting in the rail yard in Tampa Florida
The problem is they can't use just any car trailer because of the low ground clearance.

They have to use the same trailer's that are used for the Corvette's and there aren't really alot of them. Expecially this time of year,it is a really big season for the Corvett's,Sky and Solstice.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
deluke said:
The problem is they can't use just any car trailer because of the low ground clearance.

They have to use the same trailer's that are used for the Corvette's and there aren't really alot of them. Expecially this time of year,it is a really big season for the Corvett's,Sky and Solstice.
that makes sense but also sounds like piss poor planning.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
agirltrucker said:
Talked to my salesman today. 18 days since invoice paid and still no car. He told me that they have gotten NO deliveries of new cars for 2 weeks. They are begining to wonder whats going on????? Looks like my baby is not the only one that is has not come in.... Getting weirder & weirder every day..:willy:
Talked to my dealer yesterday, they have gotten in 3 in the last two weeks, and one is in his showroom now... So they are still making there way to their new homes...

·
Registered
255 Posts
Unsold Sky's

I'm in Central Florida and this morning I called a dealership about 70 miles North of me to see how long his list is to order a sky. He told me they have over 50 on the deposited list so it would be quit a while. HOWEVER:He told me that two sky's are being manufactured on May 15 that would be delivered in early June that were NOT sold and asked me if I wanted one of those. The first two people to show up at the dealership with $1000.00 deposit could have either one they wanted.

That's the part that really upsets me. People that are already on his list are not being contacted to see if they would like either of the two. Why do dealers ignor people really anxious to get their hands on a sky and sell the cars to anyone who walks in and says "I'll take that one". Really frustrating.:confused:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
longwaitlarry said:
I'm in Central Florida and this morning I called a dealership about 70 miles North of me to see how long his list is to order a sky. He told me they have over 50 on the deposited list so it would be quit a while. HOWEVER:He told me that two sky's are being manufactured on May 15 that would be delivered in early June that were NOT sold and asked me if I wanted one of those. The first two people to show up at the dealership with $1000.00 deposit could have either one they wanted.

That's the part that really upsets me. People that are already on his list are not being contacted to see if they would like either of the two. Why do dealers ignor people really anxious to get their hands on a sky and sell the cars to anyone who walks in and says "I'll take that one". Really frustrating.:confused:
:agree: :agree: :agree: That just isn't right!!! :mad: :banghead: That dealer should be calling up ALL 50 people on his waiting list to see if any of them are interested in either of those 2 unsold Skys coming in. What they are doing is just plain sneaky and undermining to their loyal customers. I'd be pissed if I found out my dealer got the same exact car in that I ordered and have been patiently waiting for...and sold it to some schmuck off the street without even asking if anyone on our dealer's list would want it. :nono:

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SkyMan 07 said:
Talked to my dealer yesterday, they have gotten in 3 in the last two weeks, and one is in his showroom now... So they are still making there way to their new homes...
That is good news. Talked to my new car manager today and between them and there sister dealship, they are starting to arrive today. Keeping my fingers crossed that she should be any day....:thumbs:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts