Saturn Sky Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After doing the math to see if my retirement pension would afford me a Sky I went back to the dealership with deposit in hand to be put on "the list". Salesperson said sure, explaned how it works and led me to another office. Second person ( maybe his boss?) said they weren't going to get enough cars in before year's end to fill the waiting list of ten or twelve folks and that adding my order wouldn't get me a car until sometime in '07 and was reluctant to add my name nor take my money, and didn't. He also explained that one of the folks on "the list" asked for ten cars for resale on Ebay, they told him no, he could only have five. Say what??? All I want is one to drive. Oh well, it's fun reading about you guys and gals enjoying your Sky and seeing the pictures.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
darrell said:
After doing the math to see if my retirement pension would afford me a Sky I went back to the dealership with deposit in hand to be put on "the list". Salesperson said sure, explaned how it works and led me to another office. Second person ( maybe his boss?) said they weren't going to get enough cars in before year's end to fill the waiting list of ten or twelve folks and that adding my order wouldn't get me a car until sometime in '07 and was reluctant to add my name nor take my money, and didn't. He also explained that one of the folks on "the list" asked for ten cars for resale on Ebay, they told him no, he could only have five. Say what??? All I want is one to drive. Oh well, it's fun reading about you guys and gals enjoying your Sky and seeing the pictures.
Go to another dealer, call around, man don't give up the dream, there is one out there somewhere just for you!!!!! What is your color choices, etc? My dealer sold one to a lady in Florida. It can be done you know.

·
Registered
185 Posts
darrell said:
Try another dealer... same thing happened to me, my area dealer would not allow me to order a sky back in April. I called my son who lives 300 miles away to check the Saturn dealership in his town. They said sure no problem, allowed me to order my choice..... two Months later they called me and wanted to know if I was interested in their showroom car as they decided to sell it. After calling my son (as he had seen the car) and got his opinion I decided to buy now and enjoy the summer in a Sky rather than wait for my order to arrive..... long story short, I love my Sky and now have 2000 Smiles on it:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
There is always HOPE........ keep trying....... DONT GIVE UP.... SkyBaby-07

1 - 4 of 4 Posts