Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
No Sky's until JUNE 06 ?????

I live here in the USA (SC) now, but I am from Canada. I went home this past weekend Oct 1st and put my $500 down payment on my Sky and was told by the dealership that the Sky will not be in until June 06 at the earliest. The reason being (that they told me) was that they are uping production on the Solstice and the Sky production is suppose to be put back a bit?????? This sounds ridiculous to me but what have others heard

·
Registered
59 Posts
I`m sure this is one of those "don`t believe your dealer" things again. I was talking to mine over the weekend and he told me to expect the car in april. I am almost positive that nobody really knows yet and everybody who says they do is just guessing like the rest of us :D

·
Registered
328 Posts
This is the same issue that drove (still driving) the Solstice guys nuts. I think this will be a question that will not be answered, until they actually deliver the Sky. JMHO

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
All speculation, BUT, I tend to believe we will see the Sky later in 2006 than earlier. Weather it be because of increased or slow Solstice production or a strike or the position of Mars and the Moon. What ever the result will be driving my Sky in mid summer. I think I can wait that long.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Delivery/Production schedules

Whatever the reason is I'm sure they'll have it worked out by the time I can order one. (sigh) That won't happen until mid '06 then take delivery in early '07. It's a money thing. Gotta pay pay for some of the son's wedding and pay off the truck first. (Oh to be young again without all the responsibilities.)

·
Registered
328 Posts
rick112 said:
All speculation, BUT, I tend to believe we will see the Sky later in 2006 than earlier. Weather it be because of increased or slow Solstice production or a strike or the position of Mars and the Moon. What ever the result will be driving my Sky in mid summer. I think I can wait that long.
I am on "the list" so I will give them to mid summer, but after that I may not be able to last. :D I have been fortunate enough to save enough to pay cash :cheers: , so that money may burn a hole through my pocket ... by mid summer. :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
rick112 said:
As I have said in other posts, if the date slips beyond "Spring", and my Sky Calendar indicates March 20, I will go with my alternative roadster. I really like the looks of the Sky, but I am not getting any younger and want to enjoy my next car while both my grandson and I are able to.

Since Saturn will sell "mine" to someone else, they don't care and frankly neither will I.

·
Registered
554 Posts
This will hold true. The Solstice production line is expected to be 7,000 units behind by the end of 2005 (orders in hand). Until these orders are filled, no Saturn Sky cars are going to be built. If production finds a way to catch up then we are good to go; still I don't expect production to begin until March 2006.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Delnari said:
This will hold true. The Solstice production line is expected to be 7,000 units behind by the end of 2005 (orders in hand). Until these orders are filled, no Saturn Sky cars are going to be built. If production finds a way to catch up then we are good to go; still I don't expect production to begin until March 2006.
GM might have hurt themselves, by pushing these cars too fast (from concept to production) JMHO :rolleyes:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Delnari said:
Hmm, do I order a Solstice, wait for the Sky or go with an alternative.

"To be or not to be, that is the question...."

:banghead:

·
Registered
328 Posts
mhw745 said:
Hmm, do I order a Solstice, wait for the Sky or go with an alternative.

"To be or not to be, that is the question...."

:banghead:
If the Sky has to wait on the Sol ... then will the Sol need to wait on the Sky (production). :rolleyes: Somehow I picture a dog chasing his tail! :D Question is... will he ever catch it? :confused:

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
I'd like to point out this person is refering to a Canadian dealership. We already know the the Solsticeforum.com that Canadian dealerhsips are being told to expect less cars and later deliveries. Which could easily translate to the Sky too since they expect to sell even less there.

Delnari said:
Technicly they're only going to be 2000~3000 orders behind their original estimate. Yes there will still be another 7k orders to fill, but they never planned on filling those in 2005, just an original 9k-10k cars till they moved that value down to 7k recently.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Also the Solstice "orders" are just deposits like you may have done on a SKY.

Yes some are "orders" because that dealer has changed it to the customer specs. But the 10K plus deposit cash is just positive PR for GM.

Plus werent 500 plus Solstice models built last week>?

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Always think worst case senario this way when it comes earlier than you expected you will be happy for it's early arrival. :)

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
i spoke to my dealer last thursday and the regional rep had just left and told him that the origonal Spring arrival is still valid, which means anywhere from March 20th to June 21st...

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm in Canada, and even though i haven't heard it from my dealer (or anyone) I'm not expecting my redline 'till spring-summer 2007 :rolleyes: sad but true

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Please people lets not turn this forum into another Solstice forum, It is really getting bad over there with all the ranting and raving over not geting their cars... Lets all be paitent....Until we hear it offically lets all assume that everything is still on schedule.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Good grief folks. Come on now!!!!!! We all know that this was a "concept" car. Due out in Spring. DUE..... we all have certain functions in our job that have due dates, that simply aren't met. It's the nature of the beast in business. You all go on and on and on and on and on and on about when this and when that.... what the heck???? Get over it. If you love it, wait. If you don't, move on. I'm being patient. There's simply no point listening to the dealers, no matter whether you're in Canada or the USA. Everyone's hearing something different. It's a pattern if you've been on this forum long enough. No one said, "go" yet, so stop guessing and roll with it. This is silliness.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
Good grief folks. Come on now!!!!!! We all know that this was a "concept" car. Due out in Spring. DUE..... we all have certain functions in our job that have due dates, that simply aren't met. It's the nature of the beast in business. You all go on and on and on and on and on and on about when this and when that.... what the heck???? Get over it. If you love it, wait. If you don't, move on. I'm being patient. There's simply no point listening to the dealers, no matter whether you're in Canada or the USA. Everyone's hearing something different. It's a pattern if you've been on this forum long enough. No one said, "go" yet, so stop guessing and roll with it. This is silliness.
I do agree with you for the most part- there's no point in getting too worked up about it now- but it is a major issue for some of us who don't live in year-round top down climates. If the launch of the car gets pushed back a few months (June- still spring! or July- a little late), and it takes a few months to get my car (no one knows how orders will be processed), I could end up buying a convertible in October. By early November, I should be hospitalized with pneumonia. I could even die.

In any case, driving ourselves nuts without verifiable information from GM is pointless. Even if it is a life or death situation.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts