Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are we going to have to wait till 2008 for it?

GM really needs to stop screwing around & get on the ball for once. I added the Sky to my short list of potential new cars, but I will only buy the redline. If it won't be here till 2008 they can keep it. I will be buying before then. :nono:

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I dunno, I think GM will easily sell out of the regular models, you really cant blame them for not jumping right in to messing with variations on the line.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
GodMachine said:

GM really needs to stop screwing around & get on the ball for once. I added the Sky to my short list of potential new cars, but I will only buy the redline. If it won't be here till 2008 they can keep it. I will be buying before then. :nono:
Like the regular Sky they will use the GXP Solstice to get the bugs out first then bring out the Redline Sky... It will be worth the wait if you want one...
look for it about 6 to 9 months after the Solstice GXP comes out...

·
Registered
623 Posts
Depends, does anyone know when the GXP and the Opel GT are even coming out? I have a feeling we will find out at New York, becasue if they don't show the Redline thier, I suspect it wil not come out until March 2007, as a 2008 Model.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
GodMachine said:

All the better for those who have patience and can wait:cheers: All good things come to those who wait:lol: :cool:

·
Registered
17,751 Posts
cannot wait for redline...i will put on dual exhausts and new rear fascia....no one will know the difference....except me...and the members of our forum

MarlboroMike

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
marlboromike said:
cannot wait for redline...i will put on dual exhausts and new rear fascia....no one will know the difference....except me...and the members of our forum

MarlboroMike
your secret is safe with me :thumbs: :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
marlboromike said:

MarlboroMike
Wait a while and I bet they'll have a turbo for the Sky as it is now. Aftermarket likes to make money too :cheers:

·
Registered
149 Posts
marlboromike said:

MarlboroMike
No one except that S2000 / Z that left you at the green traffic light.:lol: Sorry, but I had too...:cheers:

·
Registered
727 Posts
GodMachine said:

It is possible the Redline and GXP will into at around the same time, and GM just hasn't announced the Redline yet. If they intro'd both cars at the LAIAS and NAIAS in January, they would have split the buzz between them, but by staggering the intro's over some time, GM can try to keep the buzz around the Kappa platform going.

Announcing the redline may also have been delayed because GM wanted to get the regular Sky's into production first, so the Redline doesn't steal any thunder from the base car right away.

We still have the NY Auto Show coming up, which generally has a few major intro's too. It might be worth paying attention to it for a possible Redline announcement.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Reports are coming out of Europe that the Opel GT will be released in Spring of 2007. Since that car and the SKY Redline are the same car with different badges, I do not see the SKY Redline coming to market any sooner.

·
Registered
76 Posts
There is a company called Hahn Turbo is making a turbo that will bolt on to the current 2.4 Ecotec engine for about the same price as you would buy the GXP for. The GXP will have the turbo on a 2.0 engine.

Mallot is currently putting 400hp corvette engines in the Solstice for around $18,000 and is in high production. I am sure he will also be doing the Sky's when they are available.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Lease Sky Buy Redline

Hey all...New to the forum so please bare with me I HAVE MUCH 2 SAY!

This is what I see around the Boston, MA area...

There is a Pontiac dealership right across from the Saturn dealership...

Just yesterday I went 2 the Pontiac dealership...
There are 3 pontiac sols on the lot...Black, red and dark silver (grey) The dark silver was the first one in the dealership...talked 2 the salesmen...He said the guy who ordered it (long ago) got sick of waiting and bought another car but he lost his $1,000.00 deposit on the car. The salesmen also discussed the problem with the noise in the car with the roof up and the water leakage the Sols had been having...he said they had been sent back and fixed...But I personally had a hard time pushing the trunk lide down 2 lock it in place with the top down (did you see the trunk space with the top down? THERE IS NONE!)...Could ALL these cliches be a possible reason for the Sky delay? Could Saturn be learning from big brother before they get 2 the dealerships?

Anyway, ALL 3 SOLS HAD BEEN LOADED 2 THE MAX with PRICES between: $24,600.00-$24,900.00

I went 2 the Saturn dealership months ago...
I was very interested in the Sky...The staff at Saturn had very little info for me and still 2 this day only gave me a ruff estimate on when the Demo Sky will be at the dealership...It looks like March...2 bad they wont have it for Presidents day weekend!

Because I love the look of the Sky that is what I'm shooting for!
It would be the first Saturn bought in my family. Considering I currently have a supercharged 87 Trans Am and 96 Sunfire convertible it appears pontiac hasn't stirred my excitement on the front look of the Sol....I just can't get past the FRONT grill and headlight design!

The Sky just has something I havent seen before. When I heard that the Sol GXP and Sky red-line would be released in another year everything stoped for me...Can I Lease either a Sol or Sky THIS SPRING? I asked both dealerships and both have no Lease program yet for either car...The Pontiac dealership put together a very HIGH lease estimate for me and it went like this: $2,000 down $496.00 a month...I ALMOST DIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! R U KIDDING I SAID 2 HIM!

I could put up with Leasing a 2007 Sol for now or Sky because when the lease would be up I would then buy my DREAM CAR 2009-2010 SKY REDLINE....
IF PONTIAC WASN'T SO SCREWED UP WITH ITS #S and let me lease that nice BLACK Sol for $396 a month I would already have that car in my driveway!

Either way I'm leasing the Sky or Sol...does anyone have any info on leasing either car? Does anyone know how this will work? Should I just forget leasing and just wait for the REDLINE? If Pontiac already has 3 sols on the lot why are people not buying them already? Why wouldnt Pontiac want 2 lease one 2 me?

Anyone want 2 jump in one this? Thanks, REDSKY

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ernest said:
Leasing to me is like paying rent, no equity just pouring your money away, kinda pouring sand down a rat hole, so to speak. My opinion only!

ERNEST:thumbs:

You can lease to own... Also some people like not having to eat the depreciation you get when buying a new car.... Sure you might not lease to own but you pay less, and get to drive a new car every other year.....What good is "owning" a car by having it financed for 5 years when you want to trade it in after 2 or 3 ? Leasing can make alot of sence and cost you much less... Also you can't get an equity credit line / loan on a car, so makeing payments on a car your going to trade in and never own outright is pointless and expensive..... Of course if you like having a car for a decade or driving it into the ground, orjust want to keep it forever then buying / financing makes more sence.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Ernest said:
Leasing to me is like paying rent, no equity just pouring your money away, kinda pouring sand down a rat hole, so to speak. My opinion only!
ERNEST:thumbs:
Well, I like leasing my vehicles (though I will be purchasing my SKY). Right now I have the leased '05 GMC Envoy and a financed '04 Malibu <-- which I want to get rid of ASAP. I like leasing because I know I'm getting a new GM vehicle every 30-36 months (30 months when GMAC offers me an early pull-ahead program). I have AADD (Automotive Attention Deficit Disorder) - meaning while I may love a vehicle now, I can guarantee that another vehicle will come along 24 months later that will turn me away from what I'm driving. When I first started out, I was taking 5 year loans, keeping the car 24 or 36 months and then hassling over trade-in values for something new. Leasing came along and took the trade-in hassle out of the equation and made it easier for me to get a new vehicle. Either way I had constant car payments... leasing allows me to get into new vehicles a lot easier!!! :D

Now I'm buying the SKY because: (1) it will be a toy/3rd vehicle in my household, (2) I plan to keep this car a long, long time, and (3) I eventually want to take it to classic car shows and for now belong to a car club again (last time was when I had a Trans Am back in the late '90s). Leasing isn't for everyone, but for those that need new cars (like for work purposes, etc) or those with AADD like me, leasing is a blessing!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
802 Posts
Ernest said:
Leasing to me is like paying rent, no equity just pouring your money away, kinda pouring sand down a rat hole, so to speak. My opinion only!ERNEST:thumbs:
I agree! My brother-in-law leases, and changes off every 3 years but he is a broker and can write all of it off. Even so he would be better off paying cash up front. Seems people that deal with your money cannot seem to be able to deal with their own. The secretary at the local adult school and her husband lease cars and rent condos. (where are they come retirement?). Not for me! I will be paying cash or not at all! I am retired and don't want or need any payments. "My opinion only!"
:thumbs:

·
Registered
727 Posts
DuSpinnst said:
Reports are coming out of Europe that the Opel GT will be released in Spring of 2007. Since that car and the SKY Redline are the same car with different badges, I do not see the SKY Redline coming to market any sooner.
That is a reasonable assumption, but the Opel GT's release may not have much to do with the Sky Redline. Although they will be essentially the same, so are the Solstice GXP/Redline, except for the bodies and interiors. The Sol GXP should debut late summer to fall this year. So I suppose a Redline could also see production at any point from late summer this year, into early next year if they stagger the GXP/Redline intros.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Fformula88 said:
That is a reasonable assumption, but the Opel GT's release may not have much to do with the Sky Redline. Although they will be essentially the same, so are the Solstice GXP/Redline, except for the bodies and interiors. The Sol GXP should debut late summer to fall this year. So I suppose a Redline could also see production at any point from late summer this year, into early next year if they stagger the GXP/Redline intros.
Someone on one of these forums had a great idea a while back, and that was: Buy your Sky now, drive it now, order Redline, sell current one when the Redline arrives. At probably no loss, just the price difference between the two.:D

·
Registered
727 Posts
eldeeko said:
Someone on one of these forums had a great idea a while back, and that was: Buy your Sky now, drive it now, order Redline, sell current one when the Redline arrives. At probably no loss, just the price difference between the two.:D
That is certainly an option, and was my original plan for the Solstice. I ended up not ordering a base Solstice since I probably would have taken delivery after the snow season hit anyway, and saw no sense to buy a new car to become a garage fixture! :D But if you can drive it, it is certainly an option. Of course, patience can pay off too. If by the time the buyer can get a Redline, the base model's demand has dropped some, they would take a depreciation hit. It all depends on how impatient the buyer is.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts