Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help has anyone else heard ticking in the engine and rattling in the exhaust please help me i am more concerned with the ticking becuase im pretty sure the exhaust noise is just a heat sheald please help

·
Registered
410 Posts
No noise in VIN#515. That ticking needs to be addressed ASAP! Try the Onstar system for the report, then call the Saturn dealer. If not that bad, drive-- if you are far away, have it towed on a flat-bed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Mine had a slight ticking one morning right after starting up...but it went away quickly...are you using premium fuel?

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
Unless you have 36,000 miles on it, it is still under warrenty, take it to the dealer!

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yo tex just seeing if im worrying to much i dk i know some poeple here have time to bug thier dealer but i dont....i put in 91 the mid grade....but i tryed the higher grade same problem....and lower grade....but im the same way its just in the morning or after its cold

·
Registered
92 Posts
Mine ticks a bit in the am too. Gone by the time I leave the driveway. (93 octane only)

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
No 93 octane gas in California? :confused:

·
Registered
422 Posts
No premium ?

Robotech said:
#$U##$#@!!!!

<---stuck with 91 as the High Grade in CA...:brentil: :banghead: :mad: :willy:
Dude, that's a pain in Cali

In Germany I can get 91 (normal), 95 (super) 98 (super +) 100 (super max) at nearly every gas station :D

I love Germany besides when I need a hardtop :banghead:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
SKYtime said:
No 93 octane gas in California? :confused:
No too prevalent here in IL, either....mainly 91. :banghead:

·
Super Moderator
11,446 Posts
Nope, our premium is 91. I can get "race gas" at the pump which is 100 octane but it makes premium at $3.50/gal look downright cheap!

Ich ziehe nach Deutschland um.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'm from MO and I drive quite a bit in KS as well and I have never seen 93 grade gas... our's is 87, 89, or 91. =/

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
Oil

Could be the lifters/rockers - if you only hear it when cold could be the oil has not completed coated everything as it is too thick from being too col dna dhas not moved to full pressure through the system. Not sure what oil is used - but could be you need a blend with a wider temperature range of operation.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Lil GTO said:
Could be the lifters/rockers - if you only hear it when cold could be the oil has not completed coated everything as it is too thick from being too col dna dhas not moved to full pressure through the system. Not sure what oil is used - but could be you need a blend with a wider temperature range of operation.
THAT is EXACTLY whay I was thinking! You need to take this to your dealer. Allow them to keep the car overnight so they can hear the noise in the morning. It will only happen overnight or in moist/cold areas upon start-up. The oil is not getting into the lifters/rockers. The dealer may suggest a thinner cold temp oil, or have to do a "fix" for all sky owners. I hope the same thing doesn't happen to the R/L engine. :eek:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Hey Robotech! Word from adjacent Redlands! (Though I bought mine at Riverside). What's your SKY look like?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
nscrbug said:
No too prevalent here in IL, either....mainly 91. :banghead:
If you go to Clark -- 93 Octane

·
Registered
94 Posts
Here are my choices at the local gas station:

91 <-- what I put in my Jetta VR6

There is a station on the other side of town that has something like 100 or 105 octane racing fuel.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Rick Tinley Park said:
If you go to Clark -- 93 Octane
Hmmm...thanks, Rick...was not aware of that. Although, Clark stations are far and few between up by me. Citgo, Shell, BP, and Marathon seem to be the 'norm' up in my parts. :D

·
Registered
422 Posts
Robotech said:
Nope, our premium is 91. I can get "race gas" at the pump which is 100 octane but it makes premium at $3.50/gal look downright cheap!

Ich ziehe nach Deutschland um.
Robotech,

I think I just forgot a little info, 1.35 € (91) up to 1.50 € (100) but not for gallon it's per liter, that means 6.4 - 7.1 $/gal :banghead:

Shouldn't you better stay in CA at least until your hardtop is ready? :lol:

peace :cheers:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts