Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,
well I must say that I was very skeptic a couple of years ago when I heard that they were bringing a Vauxhall to the usa. Now that it's here, well I've fallen in love.

I'm brand new to this forum so couldn't find a noob section (mods go ahead and move if in in the wrong section), I do not have a sky (yet!) and I'm waiting on the RL to be released so that I can check it out. I'm very involved with the Mazda community (had an RX-7, now a Mazda3) and was planning on getting a miata but after seeing the sky....well I'm sure the feeling is shared by all of you.

Well I hope that I can learn a lot about this car before I purchase it (prob a 2008 RL, got to resolve the gliches first).

Glad to be reaching for the sky.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Salva-T said:
Hey everybody,
well I must say that I was very skeptic a couple of years ago when I heard that they were bringing a Vauxhall to the usa. Now that it's here, well I've fallen in love.

I'm brand new to this forum so couldn't find a noob section (mods go ahead and move if in in the wrong section), I do not have a sky (yet!) and I'm waiting on the RL to be released so that I can check it out. I'm very involved with the Mazda community (had an RX-7, now a Mazda3) and was planning on getting a miata but after seeing the sky....well I'm sure the feeling is shared by all of you.

Well I hope that I can learn a lot about this car before I purchase it (prob a 2008 RL, got to resolve the gliches first).

Glad to be reaching for the sky.
Welcome to the group..
It is not really a Vauxhall, It is based on the Vauxhall Show car but that is only in looks, the design is still American...there is no Vauxhall production version of this car..... yet

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
Welcome aboard, be sure and do some reading up here so that you will have a better understanding of the various models using the Kappa platform. :thumbs:

·
Registered
18,032 Posts
somehow i have to disagree...it is a mutated vauxhall...u know it's mama's baby...now if they can only bring mama'srear tail lights...u will truly see identity theft..:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Well get on a list for the RL then sign up for Yoga & meditation classes --- You will learn patience here... Welcome aboard...:thumbs: :cheers:

If you sign up now.... Another 6 months or so and you'll be :driving:

:jester:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Salva-T said:
yes skyman that's what I meant....so is the opel gt pretty much the same thing as the sky with different badging?
The Opel GT is basically the same as the Sky Redline with Opel badging... and european mandated items I would assume...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
marlboromike said:
somehow i have to disagree...it is a mutated vauxhall...u know it's mama's baby...now if they can only bring mama'srear tail lights...u will truly see identity theft..:lol: :lol:
You can disagree, but all the Vauxhall was was a show car, nothing else, the Sky was designed to be built on the Kappa Platform (AMERICAN DESIGN by the way) While very similar they are not close to being the same car....Theft? they are both GM cars.. I prefer BORROWED the idea...LOL

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Welcome to our little insane asylum...... yea... i spelled it wrong.. oh well.. that is what waiting will do.... make ya forget things... J/K.... if you have any questions after you read up on our SKY...... just ask... i am sure one of our happy members can help ya...SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Salva-T said:
well since I have your attention...saturn has been known for the ding resistant pannels...is this still the case with the sky, I ask because that will probably influence my colour decision.
no , the only flexable pieces are the bumper cover, and the two side panels in front of the doors are Fiberglass, the rest is metal sooo be careful, i think someone already tried my drivers side door, I noticed the other day it looked like a knee has been pushed in just below the door handle...

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Salva-T said:
well since I have your attention...saturn has been known for the ding resistant pannels...is this still the case with the sky, I ask because that will probably influence my colour decision.
As far as I know...the only Saturn models still using the polymer panels are the Ion and Vue. Was told that eventually Saturn will do away with using the polymer panels altogether.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts