Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,
I just got back up tp Tracy after a 1200 mile round trip to San diego to see my son return from Deployment with the Navy in Iraq. We headed out down Interstate 5 with a goal of spotting at least one Sky. We left early Thursday morning and I just sat down to a margarita at 4:24 pm. Needless to say I did not see one between No. California and So. California. Three days in San Diego netted a ZERO. Add the zero to the estimated number of cars we passed on I-5 going both ways and the odds are astronomical that we didn't spot at least one.
So I am now seriously a believer in the Yeti, Abominable Snowman, Sasquatch, the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy and Blue Birds that Fly Over the Rainbow. I only hope that the pictures of "warped into happinessville" folks on the forum are real and not being placed there to lure me in like a moth to a flame.
The trip was great though, saw my two boys and and had a great time in my old stomping grounds. Ready to make a trip of it as soon as my Sky arrives!!

Imaged 23/06/06
BUILD WEEK! 31JUL06 – 06AUG06
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
Wheel locks
Cold Air Intake

·
Registered
40 Posts
I live in San Diego and can attest to the rarity. I see a Solstice nearly every day on Pomerado Road in Poway/Scripps Ranch. Guys I work with tell me this one has a home in Poway, and other than that, I've seen only 1 or 2 Sky's on the road ever (both silver IIRC on I-15). A test drive is also a rare site as I wasn't even allowed one when we went to put our deposit down in mid July. Somewhere around Xmas or New years is our expected delivery date, but since it's only been two weeks since our deposit (July 14) I can only guess....

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I live in N. Cali and haven't seen a single Sky except mine. I have seen quite a few Sols around. I'm always looking for Sols/Skys wherever I go!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can only imagine the chaos that would be caused by having two or more Sky's traveling together on the road, especially the Freeway! It's rough enough as is it without complicating things.
USMC, I will be getting together with you very soon for another shot at a drive up the coast. As well there's another member car in Lodi which works out quite well so we can at least have three couples to enjoy the tour!
Imaged 23/06/06
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
Wheel locks
Cold Air Intake

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
All the So Cal SKYs were busy...

We had a run on Saturday, August 5th. (Lots more pics in the Pacific Thread)...

Here's proof that there are indeed SKYs in California (And a even a few Solstices, too!)

Incidentally, I have put nearly 5,000 miles on my SKY in Southern and Northern California. Since the SKYs hit the road in April I have seen TWO, count 'em, TWO "Random" SKYs driving on the road. I saw Fourteen at our Beach Cruise, and Sixteen at the Mulholland drive this weekend at pre-arranged events. But other than those, SKYs are still a pretty rare bird here in California.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
StarlightSky said:
USMC, I will be getting together with you very soon for another shot at a drive up the coast. As well there's another member car in Lodi which works out quite well so we can at least have three couples to enjoy the tour!
Imaged 23/06/06
Midnight Blue
Tan Leather Inserts
Tan Top
Manual
LSD
6 Disc Monsoon
Chromed 18 in wheels
Windscreen
Wheel locks
Cold Air Intake
Keep me posted!!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Unique

Hey, the fact that you don't see a Sky everywhere you go just adds to its appeal.:D One of the reasons my wife and I were attracted to this car was the availability (or lack thereof). It's a great looking ride and they are hard to get, so that makes it unique!:thumbs: Hopefully, we will get to experience that in the next four to six weeks (last week we were at 3400).

·
Registered
514 Posts
I saw my first and only one in Yosemite a month ago. See lots of Solstices in San Diego, but never a Sky. They sure are rare.

·
Registered
15 Posts
New Sky in town

Hay Starlight, There is a new Sky in town. Saw yours parked at the store in Tracy and fell in love with it. Looked all over for one and finally found one a week and a half ago rolling off the truck at Stockton and bought it on the spot. The wife got to drive it back to Tracy, but I've been driving it ever since. Black Onyx with Black interior, black top , spoiler and chrome wheels.:D

·
Registered
149 Posts
I live in San Jose and I have seen 1 sky around and thats it, not too many around. I go to San Jose State and have actually heard people talking about seeing my car in the parking garage in classes. Its pretty cool to hear them saying, "did you see that silver car, its amazing and its a saturn. I bet its some guest speaker or something, no way its a student (especailly a 22 year old one)"

·
Registered
24 Posts
So far this year, i've only seen 3 skys since the last 6 months, 1 black with a young long hair dude driving down the 5 to San Diego. A black one on Jamboree in Irvine with a rich looking middle age lady, and i know of a silver one in Huntington Beach a couple of houses down from my friend. Both sky and solstice are still rare around here (Westminster / Huntington Beach area). I think I've seen more Gallardos and Ferrari 430 and a few Porsche Carrera GT than I see skys and solstices around here. I'm pretty sure my black solstice is the only one on campus at UCI. Similar to ruledawg, I also hear other talks about my car in class too. It makes me feel all tingly and happy inside :]

·
Registered
311 Posts
I drove 2100 miles Sept. 18, from N. Cali to Louisiana w/o ever seeing a Sky. :willy:

Finally saw one in a one hitchpost town about two weeks ago. Last one since then.

Still in Louisiana. Miss driving my Sky.:lol:

·
Registered
229 Posts
I drove 2800 miles from Detroit to San Diego and never saw another Sky, saw two Solstices though. I haven't seen one on the streets in town yet, but have seen a couple in the dealers lots. Took the Sky up to Beverly Hill to show my daughter, she was just saying she had never seen a car like that, when a pretty chili pepper red Sky drove by. What about that for a coincidence! I think it is just great they are so scarce, hope it stays that way.

By the way, while in Beverly Hills we went to a fancy resturant and I got a real kick out of the way the valets all got excited and gathered around my Sky, yet didn't bat an eye with all the other really expensive cars that drove up. When we came out they had parked it right in front, right next to a megabucks Bentley.

Larry4pyro
vin: 00187

·
Registered
93 Posts
I haven't seen too many in Los Angeles myself. There's a yellow Solstice I've seen twice in the Brentwood area, and I saw a white Sky parked on the street in Westwood recently.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hopefully I'll have my Redline on the streets of LA next month.:thumbs:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hopefully I'll have my Redline on the streets of LA next month.:thumbs:
Out of curiosity, where did you order yours from? Congrats on the allocation, and hope to see you rolling around LA in yours! :cheers:

I should have mine next Wednesday. See your scoot is getting you about in the meantime. I've also relied on my 1965 Vespa VBB 150 to get me around (well that and my 94 Jeep Grand Cherokee that's on its last leg).

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Been a long time since I started this thread

Now it's MY turn to weigh in again, I think I owe that and have earned the right. The Sky is a SATURN, I am PROUD to say I own one too. It is an awesome car with superior handling and looks far beyond what I originally expected.
If you doubt the quality and performance then you haven't driven and owned one. Until you have I'd say your arguments against the Sky are unfounded, unwarranted and uninvited.
I'd suggest you get one, drive it and discover what you've been missing. Barring the decision to do so, find a different car to bash, since that's your percieved goal.
:rant:
So, I'm better now. Apologies to those who have contributed constructively.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Now it's MY turn to weigh in again, I think I owe that and have earned the right. The Sky is a SATURN, I am PROUD to say I own one too. It is an awesome car with superior handling and looks far beyond what I originally expected.
If you doubt the quality and performance then you haven't driven and owned one. Until you have I'd say your arguments against the Sky are unfounded, unwarranted and uninvited.
I'd suggest you get one, drive it and discover what you've been missing. Barring the decision to do so, find a different car to bash, since that's your percieved goal.
:rant:
So, I'm better now. Apologies to those who have contributed constructively.
Yep, now I see whAT has happened, guess I should look at dates of posts more closely. You my friend didn't do anything wrong at all. We had a troll join our forum and brought your thread back--Apparently :lol: :lol: Our Mods are on the ball this Saturday Night, and have ahh, sorta--made this troll "go away" including all his post on this interesting thread. So do not fret, the ofeending critter, (for the moment) has been removed--:thumbs: Beer anyone??:cheers: :cheers:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts