Saturn Sky Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
No argument with the issue against people who buy American just because it is American. But you gotta admit that there is also a group that will buy foreign just because it is not American.

Neither system is correct. Buy the better car at the better price. That's what Free Markets are made of.
:agree: :agree:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
i love the sky and i cant wait till its in my garage...but you guys dont honestly believe that the sky is a better car than a ferrari? :nono:
Not better, different. Very different. As for which one I would rather have? Actually, a SKY. Because if I had a Ferrari, I would have to pay to insure it, pay to maintain it, be paranoid to park it anywhere...

I own my SKY. A Ferrari would own me. Therefore, I would rather own a SKY, thank you very much.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have always been a car enthusiast. BUT, Ferrari, its just a name. the styling is nothing special. Its not about money and I'm glad some people seem to like the looks of that car. They are a mechanical nightmare and don't always start. Old technology at a premium price. The SKY RL on the other hand still has some quicks, but the body is extremely solid and the technology is state of the art. Oh did I mention it is an American car. Never been impressed with people who throw their money away over seas.
A Ferrari is old technology :willy: Im not sure we are talking about the same car company.

You do know that technology is state of the art pulled straight from their F1 team. But hey if you think their technology is old, how old are the pushrod engines that the Corvettes use? (no Im not bashing Corvettes, I love them. Just they are based on an old tech, even though it works fantastically)

·
Registered
24 Posts
:lol:
..As it drove away it was very quiet, so all those out there that think the Sky exhaust is tame, don't buy Ferrari sounds like a sissy car. I wonder if the Ferrari might have something like the V-8 Impala DOD (displacement on demand) that might give the guy his 55 MPG maybe...
I know there are kitcars/fiberglassed bodies out there of the 360 that's being put on the older years of Toyota MR2.... perhaps you're mistaking one of these for a real one? I've seen some really well done kits of Ferrari 360 that are very close to the real thing, with all the rear engine conversions and everything. I was a quarter block away driving toward an intersection with a real F430 that was making a turn, and I swear the note that came out of that thing was nowhere near quiet.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Not better, different. Very different. As for which one I would rather have? Actually, a SKY. Because if I had a Ferrari, I would have to pay to insure it, pay to maintain it, be paranoid to park it anywhere...

I own my SKY. A Ferrari would own me. Therefore, I would rather own a SKY, thank you very much.

Say that again. I am paranoid enough about where I park my SKY, a can't imagine parking a Ferrari. :willy:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
:cool:
While in Sunny Florida and at Wal-Mart yes in the Wally World parking lot and it was not even in the far Egypt parking lot but up close we saw this!

I see some familar lines on our Sky and for the price, wooser how much for the little pony ouch!
The owners came out while we were looking and said it gets 55 mpg, ok that nice for such a hefty price. The one we saw was a lighter gray but not the famous red, guess they do come in other colors now. Somthing very close to the sky no trunk they popped the trunk and I swear it had less room then the Sky!
I will take my Red Line over this Ferrari spyder any day.

TulsaSky
:D
:agree: :agree: :agree: Very expensive, high maintenance. I will keep my R/L & Z06 with money left over in the bank:thumbs:

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'll never understand delusional people who try to compare a Saturn favorably with a Ferrari. The mind boggles.

·
Registered
99 Posts
No... I'm basing my decison on cup holders. I didn't see anything in the specs about cup holders. How can a spec sheet not list how many cup holders a car has?

What kind of piece of crap is that Ferrari anyway? No damned cup holders.

Grumble, grumble, grumble...
Not sure you should bring up the cup holder thing for a number of reasons.....

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
:cool:
While in Sunny Florida and at Wal-Mart yes in the Wally World parking lot and it was not even in the far Egypt parking lot but up close we saw this!

I see some familar lines on our Sky and for the price, wooser how much for the little pony ouch!
The owners came out while we were looking and said it gets 55 mpg, ok that nice for such a hefty price. The one we saw was a lighter gray but not the famous red, guess they do come in other colors now. Somthing very close to the sky no trunk they popped the trunk and I swear it had less room then the Sky!
I will take my Red Line over this Ferrari spyder any day.

TulsaSky

I don't like thgem either !!! I'll take my Solstice GXP or a Sky any day. I would also question the 55mpg. Maybe some one on here would know if that mpg is correct. But I don't believe it.

And I don't think anyone is comparing the Sky to the ferrari jimbo, We're just stating that we don't like the ferrari and would rather have our kappas. ( or a vette )

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
mpg or mpl

was it mile per gallon or miles per liter?

if it was 55 miles per liter - that would work out to about 14.5 miles per gallon.

if money were no object - i would go with a koenigsegg ccr - which can even run on E85 or E100 fuel

·
Premium Member
1,550 Posts
was it mile per gallon or miles per liter?

if it was 55 miles per liter - that would work out to about 14.5 miles per gallon.

if money were no object - i would go with a koenigsegg ccr - which can even run on E85 or E100 fuel
Hmm, I suggest a review of your math:

55 miles/liter * 3.785 liters/gallon = 208.18 miles/gallon.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I have always been a car enthusiast. BUT, Ferrari, its just a name. the styling is nothing special. Its not about money and I'm glad some people seem to like the looks of that car. They are a mechanical nightmare and don't always start. Old technology at a premium price. The SKY RL on the other hand still has some quicks, but the body is extremely solid and the technology is state of the art. Oh did I mention it is an American car. Never been impressed with people who throw their money away over seas.
OLD Technology? That car will pretty much smoke anything GM has. On any road.

hands down I take the Ferrari if I could afford it. Sorry as much as I love my Sky, it may as well be a fiat when comparing it to that car.
:agree::agree: I'm with you if I had the money to own one it would be in my stable. Along with a bright yellow Enzo.

I love my Sky but there is just no way you can compare it to the refinement of a ferrari.:cool:

21 - 32 of 32 Posts