Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on the highway with the top down and used the windshield wiper cleaner...seconds later...I was splashed in the face from water sipping through the top of the driver's window!

My face did feel refreshed :lol:

·
Registered
420 Posts
ROFL! :lol:

Note to self: Do not use the windshield wiper cleaner with the top down.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ROFL! :lol:

Note to self: Do not use the windshield wiper cleaner with the top down.
Duh! :D I just thought it was weird that it slowly finds it's way around the corner of the windshield, moves right up along the top of the driver window, and then POW, right in the face :eek:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I was so stupid, I hit the button full blast....and there it goes over the windshield...splat...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was so stupid, I hit the button full blast....and there it goes over the windshield...splat...
What's funny is this was the first time I used the cleaner since I bought the car (3 1/2 months ago). If I get dirt on the windshield, I usually rush home and wipe the entire thing down.

I know, I'm a freak when it comes to clean windows :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks for the warning, because I know, inevidetably it will probably happen to all of us at some time!!

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Hmmm...maybe speed plays a factor because I have used my windshield cleaner many times with the top down and have never gotten so much as a drop of windshield fluid on me...but I also wasn't on the highway...I was probably going 30 or 35mph at the most when I used it. Infact, I remember the first time I used it with the top down...I was worried that it would stream right over the window and into the car...but was pleasantly surprised when I hit the button a nice, gentle spray of fluid came out and hit only the windshield and nothing else. :thumbs:

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hmmm...maybe speed plays a factor because I have used my windshield cleaner many times with the top down and have never gotten so much as a drop of windshield fluid on me...but I also wasn't on the highway...I was probably going 30 or 35mph at the most when I used it. Infact, I remember the first time I used it with the top down...I was worried that it would stream right over the window and into the car...but was pleasantly surprised when I hit the button a nice, gentle spray of fluid came out and hit only the windshield and nothing else. :thumbs:
Skill..NC, which I do not, apparently, possess. If there is a chance that something is coming in the car that shouldn't, it happens..:lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Watch out for P/U Trucks with brown stains allong the drivers side, I acquired a brown racing stripe one day while cruisin' down the hiway:eek: It went up the hood, over the compartment, missing me and the wife, and landed on the trunk diving off the back, instant stripe.:D Yeech!!!!!!:D :lol:

**This really happened, so driver's beware:thumbs:

·
Registered
246 Posts
It's a built in "feature". Washes the windshield AND your sunglasses too! :cool:

what will they think of next? :lol:

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Watch out for P/U Trucks with brown stains allong the drivers side, I acquired a brown racing stripe one day while cruisin' down the hiway:eek: It went up the hood, over the compartment, missing me and the wife, and landed on the trunk diving off the back, instant stripe.:D Yeech!!!!!!:D :lol:

**This really happened, so driver's beware:thumbs:
Sometimes I get small drops of water on the windshield that I believe is coming from the exhaust of larger vehicles...and NO, I don't tailgate :D

I never noticed this in my former cars I've owned so I wonder if it's because it rides so low

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I never noticed the rendering plant operating alongside the highway on the way to 285 until I got a topless car either! :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
Sometimes I get small drops of water on the windshield that I believe is coming from the exhaust of larger vehicles...and NO, I don't tailgate :D

I never noticed this in my former cars I've owned so I wonder if it's because it rides so low
Or condensation off of their air conditioners. That's pretty common when you ride a low-to-the-road skateboard like the SKY.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I was on the highway with the top down and used the windshield wiper cleaner...seconds later...I was splashed in the face from water sipping through the top of the driver's window!

My face did feel refreshed :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm glad you posted this. Wonder how long it will take me to do it....even reading this post. :willy:

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
If you can keep it over 35 it seems a lot harder for water to come in but I dont know about windshield fluid, over 65 and you can drive in a rain storm (just be warned when you get off on an exit). I dont know if my lack of a wind restrictor has anything to do with it -- but I love crusing in the rain topless.

If it is a windshield wiper fluid problem I think Ill fill mine up with Scope and then have a quick and oh so subtle solution for bad breath in case I pull up next to a good looking girl.

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
over 65 and you can drive in a rain storm (just be warned when you get off on an exit). I dont know if my lack of a wind restrictor has anything to do with it -- but I love crusing in the rain topless.
I haven't tried the windshield cleaner, but richmcc and I got caught in a litle summer rain one night coming back from an event.
At low freeway speeds we stayed pretty much dry, but it was very cool.
Lots of cool lightning that night to watch with the top down.
One of many great memories of that group meet day.

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
now i don't own one just yet to be 100% sure, but most windshield washer fluid jets are "aim-able". You can stick a small pin or pointy thing (i used a safety pin on my car) to aim the jet how it shoots out.

Might be able to keep yourself from splashing yourself up and over the top of the windshield, heh heh.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
The SKY windshield washer jets are on the wiper arm. They are aimed onto the windshield. There is not much to aim...
The water "creeps" up after the wipers wipe...:D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts