Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok.... i just got a bit over 1500 miles on my baby.. and am noticing alot of little noises..... and problems..... the cup holder on the passenger side dont shut... there is a noise while shifting that sounds like it is coming from the muffler system... but, i am sure it is in the gearbox somewhere.,...... the tire rub is a pain in the butt...a panel on the passenger side up under the feel area toward the front of the console wont stay on..... and there are little noises underneath that i cant seem to find.... UGH..... now what??? and.. BTW... she gets her new glasses (windshield) on wednesday..... she will be very happy to see again... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Uh oh......

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
The noise when shifting is called by GM to be a clunk. They say it's normal. Some people say if you shift at higher RMP's it won't clunk.

If interested go to the Solstice forum, there are alot of threads about the clunk. If this is the same noise that I think it is.

Now mine doesn't clunk, or I just can't hear it.

As far as the other problem's, take it back to the dealer they will fix the problems I'm sure.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
TexSon said:
Two words - Dealer Service - it is under warrenty, have them fix it!:)
They say they can't fix the clunk. They say it's normal. The caddy also has the clunk. But you can try and have them look at it.

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Ok.... i just got a bit over 1500 miles on my baby.. and am noticing alot of little noises..... and problems..... the cup holder on the passenger side dont shut... there is a noise while shifting that sounds like it is coming from the muffler system... but, i am sure it is in the gearbox somewhere.,...... the tire rub is a pain in the butt...a panel on the passenger side up under the feel area toward the front of the console wont stay on..... and there are little noises underneath that i cant seem to find.... UGH..... now what??? and.. BTW... she gets her new glasses (windshield) on wednesday..... she will be very happy to see again... SkyBaby-07
Sounds like Saturn needs to check out a few things. When you have her in for service -- bring a list!
The only disturbing noises you should hear would be a bad choice on a CD...:nono:

·
Registered
370 Posts
clunker

deluke said:
They say they can't fix the clunk. They say it's normal. The caddy also has the clunk. But you can try and have them look at it.
Oh great, now I can say I drive a real clunker.:D

·
Registered
202 Posts
Perhaps you should loan one of us your car, yea, that's it. We'll drive it for a few months and see if we can find this mysterious problem :D

Clunk could be driveline lash which is normal in RWD cars but the cupholder is definitly a warranty item.

·
Registered
669 Posts
SkyBaby said:
the cup holder on the passenger side dont shut...
the tire rub is a pain in the butt...
a panel on the passenger side up under the feel area toward the front of the console wont stay on.....

SkyBaby, I feel for you. I've got the exact same problems...except the "clunk."

My dealer has ordered all the parts and they should be in this week. Just take the little girl in and Daddy Saturn will take care of her. :D

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
qwack said:
SkyBaby, I feel for you. I've got the exact same problems...except the "clunk."

My dealer has ordered all the parts and they should be in this week. Just take the little girl in and Daddy Saturn will take care of her. :D
She may need to stretch out on your couch.... and get a few things off her bumpers.... she is stressed!!!!! hehehe.... i know Daddy Saturn will fix her right up.... JUST NOT SOON ENOUGH FOR ME.... SkyBaby-07

btw... do you give FAMILY discounts??? LOLOL:willy:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts