Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any new Info when formal Ordering may start? Here it is November 1st and I have heard nothing but maybe sometime in November...
I am going on vacation next week and if it occures then I will be out of the loop... Thinking of dropping by my dealer this evening and making sure they will order mine as soon as ordering starts even if they cannot reach me...

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Wouldn't it suck to go away for 2 weeks only to return to find the dam thing has sold out! :D Send me $30,000 USD and I'll make sure to place that order for you if they start taking them while you are away. :lol: I bet we don't see any changes until Late December or more likely January. :banghead: :mad: :brentil:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
rick112 said:
Wouldn't it suck to go away for 2 weeks only to return to find the dam thing has sold out! :D Send me $30,000 USD and I'll make sure to place that order for you if they start taking them while you are away. :lol: I bet we don't see any changes until Late December or more likely January. :banghead: :mad: :brentil:
I don't think so......
I already have a deposit down and my dealer has my list of options I want.. I just need to make sure he has my approval to go ahead and place the order as soon as it is available...

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
The Saturn Rep that came in with the SKY here to Columbia, SC told us that they are expecting ordering to be open at the end of November or the begining of December... :willy:

At least that is what he said...

Regards,

BA...

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sky Dealer said:
The Saturn Rep that came in with the SKY here to Columbia, SC told us that they are expecting ordering to be open at the end of November or the begining of December... :willy:

Regards,

BA...
was he an actual Saturn employee or just the truck driver?

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Anglequte1 you're going to see the Sky again? I hope it's a different colour this time. Say hi to the Mullet man for us if you see him.

·
Registered
87 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
Anyone have any new Info when formal Ordering may start? Here it is November 1st and I have heard nothing but maybe sometime in November...
I am going on vacation next week and if it occures then I will be out of the loop... Thinking of dropping by my dealer this evening and making sure they will order mine as soon as ordering starts even if they cannot reach me...
Let us know what information you find out about ordering time

·
Registered
87 Posts
bad paint jobs

Just returned from viewing a black pontiac and was amazed at the quality of the paint job.There was more orange peel than an orange! Has anyone seen a red pontiac and noticed this problem. with both cars coming off the same assembly line let's hope they improve on the quality of the paint. I want a red Sky so assume the paint is the same as the pontiac. :willy: Any comments?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I saw the LADY IN RED yesterday and is it ever gorgeous. I don't know what you mean my "orange peel," and I was NOT considering red for a SKY, but when I saw it in person...WOW ! I put a deposit on one on the spot. They thought sometime in December for them to call us in to do the actual ordering, we'll see.

·
Registered
87 Posts
orange peel paint

paint that has orange peel in it looks just like the peel from an orange. There are little dimples and bumps in the paint ..

·
Registered
87 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
I will also ask my dealer tonight when I go see the SKY. We're leaving in 10 minutes.
Ok it has been 24 hours since you have been to the dealer..what did he say about ordering time???ha,ha. I bet I am not the only one always waiting to hear the latest news :D :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
was he an actual Saturn employee or just the truck driver?
It was NOT the driver!!! He is the SKY Event Coordinator for our event. :lol:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sky Dealer said:
It was NOT the driver!!! He is the SKY Event Coordinator for our event. :lol:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:
thanks, just wanted to make sure, there was nobody in Knoxville with the car except the truck driver....

·
Registered
328 Posts
I guess until it happens we can speculate ... :cheers: , so I will tell you my dealer is "thinking" Jan 06. I am not in a rush, but that will work good with my return schedule. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Sky Dealer said:

Regards,

BA...
my dealer and area sales rep say the same. end of Nov. or beginning of Dec.

·
Registered
149 Posts
My dealer said that I can order the Sky in Jan-Feb. He said that he isn't accepting deposits since I am the only one that has contacted him about the sky and I would be the first to get it when he has permissoin to start ordering. I am kinda i might get left behind if i don't do anything, then again there are like 5 dealerships in a 30 mile radius so I might actaiully be the only one so far.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
How close to production did the Pontiac dealers begin to take orders on the Solstice? I'm betting we won't hear anything until January.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
I'm betting that something will come out of the dec 2nd webcast. That something might be "wait till Jan" but at least it will be something directly from the horses mouth.

·
Registered
328 Posts
usmc said:
my dealer and area sales rep say the same. end of Nov. or beginning of Dec.
I know that "hind sight is 20/20" but we are at the end of Nov ... does your dealer still think he will begin taking actual orders soon? :confused: I also ramember SD on post #4 say the same thing. Just asking because I am out of the country now and want to make sure I stay up on the Sky. :cheers:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts