Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just got of the phone with one of my best friends. He and his wife (#3 on list at local Saturn dealer) went to the Cleveland auto show yesturday. Yea there was a red Sky there - that's not so exciting. On the way home, they were coming down I 270 and they saw a car carrier completely full of Skys heading north toward Cleveland. Now they are not much for the internet and they have not been caught up in all the hooplah out there - and they know what one looks like - for sure. And they know the difference between a Sky and a Solstice.

This is not first hand, but it makes sense from what I am reading here. I live about 10 miles from the GM Lordstown plant, the main hub for the Solstice to get put on trains and sent to the West and south. We have had thousands of Solstices come through here AND, it will also be the hub for Skys. Not all leave by train as I reported several weeks ago after seeing a truck load of Solstices (well 3-4 and some g6's) leaving the plant heading west on the Ohio turnpike.

For what it's worth . . . good news for all.

I also talked to my dealer and he received his second image. Ordered a black, black int. chrome, AUTOMATIC and it went through.

Over and out.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I know you said don't get excited. But I am!!!!! :cheers:

·
Registered
16 Posts
something is definatley happening. my dealer who hasn't said a word or returned any of my calls since i ordered in early January called me today to say my order is going in next week.:willy: :cheers:

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I won't get excited until my dealer calls and tells me to come pick up our car... then the excitement really begins!!!:driving:

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
SkyMan 07 said:
I won't get excited until my dealer calls and tells me to come pick up our car... then the excitement really begins!!!:driving:
:agree:

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
We need to get the camera back down to Wilmington to see if cars are being loaded!

·
Premium Member
2,302 Posts
I'll check out the plant tomorrow...

What is exciting is looking out of a rear view mirror and seeing an almost evil looking set of headlights swooshing down the street behind you...

As soon as the car closed in behind me - I actually recognized it and slowed down to check it out...

A silver pearl SKY with black/red interior... The first time I've ever seen one in the complete dark of night!

The shape of the headlights give the SKY a real menacing look at night! I was soooooo excited! I was on my way to a dinner with a group of people, inluding Tyler 07 (who is getting the car just before mine). I was so glad that I had someone to talk to who would understand my excitement!

Is it just me, or is anyone else here regularly told that they are obsessing?? :D

·
Registered
22 Posts
I thought it was just me. Driving home last night (4 am) I saw a truck with 7 sky's. 2 red (one with tan top and one black), 2 silver (I don't know if they were silver graphite or silver pearl, but they both had black top) and 3 dark ones (either black or midnight blue). Anyone South of San fransciso order anything like one of those?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Spag said:
Is it just me, or is anyone else here regularly told that they are obsessing?? :D
I'm told all the time by my students, 11 year-old son, and of course the wife! If my soon-to-be 7 month-old son could talk, he'd probably tell me the same thing too! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
123troy said:
I thought it was just me. Driving home last night (4 am) I saw a truck with 7 sky's. 2 red (one with tan top and one black), 2 silver (I don't know if they were silver graphite or silver pearl, but they both had black top) and 3 dark ones (either black or midnight blue). Anyone South of San fransciso order anything like one of those?
You saw that truck in southern Cali?
so far all sightings have been of trucks around plants or heading in the direction of distribution sites. If this is true, then yours would be the first sighting of a truck outside of those two areas. Its March 3rd and a truck already in Cali?

·
Registered
22 Posts
usmc said:
You saw that truck in southern Cali?

Acutally I saw it in San Jose. After seeing the truck it makes me wonder if the NUMI plant in Fremont (which is where the Vibe is made) is a distribution point for the Sky.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
123troy said:
Acutally I saw it in San Jose. After seeing the truck it makes me wonder if the NUMI plant in Fremont (which is where the Vibe is made) is a distribution point for the Sky.
Time to throw my camera in the glovebox!! I drive 101 everyday to and from SF. If they are coming from your area they must take 101. I'll put my tent up on the shoulder and wait in ambush

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
NC Sky said:
I know you said don't get excited. But I am!!!!! :cheers:

Me too.... VERY EXCITED..... and my salesguy called me yesterday and said.. the first allotment was already done........ and.. they are getting 2 more images by monday/tuesday... WOW.. CANT WAIT.... then only 2-3 more for mine.... CAN I HANDLE THE WAIT?........ not so sure.... about ready to .. burst.. SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Spag said:
I'll check out the plant tomorrow...

What is exciting is looking out of a rear view mirror and seeing an almost evil looking set of headlights swooshing down the street behind you...

As soon as the car closed in behind me - I actually recognized it and slowed down to check it out...

A silver pearl SKY with black/red interior... The first time I've ever seen one in the complete dark of night!

The shape of the headlights give the SKY a real menacing look at night! I was soooooo excited! I was on my way to a dinner with a group of people, inluding Tyler 07 (who is getting the car just before mine). I was so glad that I had someone to talk to who would understand my excitement!

Please do check........ I RELY ON YOU..... and no,,, you are not the only one who is OBSESSING........ ugh...... SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
GMguy74 said:
I'm told all the time by my students, 11 year-old son, and of course the wife! If my soon-to-be 7 month-old son could talk, he'd probably tell me the same thing too! :lol: :lol: :lol:
AWWWW.... i hope his first word IS... MAMA..:D . OR DADA...:D .. NOT SKY:nono: ... lolol... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
me obsessed....where's my Sky .. me obsessed nah... Where's my Sky :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I too went to the Cleveland show just to see the red Sky. I was going to get a black Sky but the wife wanted red. After seeing the Sky in red I was happy I listen to the wife,but any color looks great of course.I ordered my Sky here in Canton Feb.21 and per the dealer it should be here next month.By the way the Canton dealer is an excellent one!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
nighttripper said:
me obsessed....where's my Sky .. me obsessed nah... Where's my Sky :willy: :willy:

I think i need to sign up for more meetings....... i am not attending enough... the step program ISNT working....... SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
WGH said:
I too went to the Cleveland show just to see the red Sky. I was going to get a black Sky but the wife wanted red. After seeing the Sky in red I was happy I listen to the wife,but any color looks great of course.I ordered my Sky here in Canton Feb.21 and per the dealer it should be here next month.By the way the Canton dealer is an excellent one!
That is when you decide to get 2 OF THEM.... actually, we did just buy a Vue a bit ago.... but we were going to get 2 Sky's..... we are thinking of getting a second one...... in addition..... because , i am going to make mine all girly... and i dont think Brian... wants to drive a girly car...... SkyBaby-07

1 - 20 of 30 Posts