Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
18,025 Posts
someone needs to rethink this...i am 200 lbs..6 ft and i am not fat...does that mean no one else in the car over 162 lbs...of course we r not talking about my spouse...:nono:

What went wrong?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Man now I'll have to keep this car forever.
I can hear it 10 years from now. It's not me babe, it's the car !
Drop the pork chop.
It's not that big a deal to me. Then again I'm a little fobic.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
wow... thank goodness i only weigh 118 now... wow.... scary.... SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
earlofcrankcase said:
shh! You won't get to sit up front in the bird if it's full.

I ALWAYS OPEN MY MOUTH.:banghead: .. ugh..... me b quiet now...:rolleyes: SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
110 Posts
My advice: don't pay any attention to any posted weight limits. They don't mean squat. I cn only surmise that some GM lawyer stuck them in there
to forestall any bird brained liability cases. Lok at the warnings on anything
that you buy these days. The warnings are preposterously idiotic (don't
operate your toaster underwater, etc.) , but the court cases these days are just as preposterously idiotic, in line with the juries that deliver verdicts.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I think your right. If it was sprung that light it would be leaning with one person in it.
I'm still using it though. Sorry buds, this here is a chicks only. It's not that we would look funny in it honest. It's the car.
No fatty's too. Double bonus.
Almost has me thinking a lawer did something for someone besides himself.
I most be more hammered than I thought.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm about 6'2" and weigh 250 lbs. The dealer that went with me was about 6'1" 240. Believe me, the car was not sagging on the rims.

MrJester ;p

Attachments

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
MrJester said:
I'm about 6'2" and weigh 250 lbs. The dealer that went with me was about 6'1" 240. Believe me, the car was not sagging on the rims.

MrJester ;p
How did you drive the car with the hook? Skip.....:lol: :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
kingarthur said:
My advice: don't pay any attention to any posted weight limits. They don't mean squat. I cn only surmise that some GM lawyer stuck them in there
to forestall any bird brained liability cases. Lok at the warnings on anything
that you buy these days. The warnings are preposterously idiotic (don't
operate your toaster underwater, etc.) , but the court cases these days are just as preposterously idiotic, in line with the juries that deliver verdicts.

ahhh... QUESTION??? Can we NOT pay attention to POSTED SPEED LIMIT SIGNS ALSO?.:confused: .. please.. PRETTY PLEASE???? .. thought i would ask.. SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
238 Posts
I have a friend at the plant that has very broad shoulders. When he closed the Sky/Solstice door, the door it was resting against him.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
It's a small two seat roadster, they're not designed to hold a batrillion pounds of cargo. The Solstice/Sky even have a greater value then the MX-5 it's limit is even lower at 340 lbs.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
The effects of overloading a convertible occur over a fairly long period of time, due to the simple fact that convertibles do not have the additional structural strength of a roof to help support the weight of our butts sitting dead center on the longitudinal members of the frame. Over years, they begin to sag (both the frames and our butts). The first thing you will notice is that the doors don't close as nicely as they once did.

·
Registered
137 Posts
OUCH!!!!......how sad that all our butts will be sagging one of these days! YIKES!.....:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,165 Posts
Might as well be a one seater for me since I weigh right at 330 pounds, and I FIT. No one else could go with me... :banghead: :mad: :banghead: That's ridiculous!!! :eek:

Regards,

:willy: S.D. :willy:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Ernest said:
I'm 6'2" 275, sat in the SOL just fine, I will put in heavier suspension!:lol: :lol: :thumbs:
I don't think it's a suspension problem that can be solved by heavier springs. Over time, excess passenger weight in a convertible causes the frame of the car to sag. You don't have this problem in a hard top car because the top is like a bridge superstructure that actually helps supports the frame. For that reason, a similarly sized sedan will have a higher loading capacity.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts