Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok..... i have got to ask CHICAGO AREA SKY OWNERS.... if you can join me and NSCRBUG on Friday.... THIS FRIDAY... THE 4TH OF AUGUST..... to check out our A/C noises... or lack of them.... Maybe we can do a little impromtu cruise and get DQ while we are at it............. come on.. EYE ON SKY.... RICK of Tinley Park.....Chicago SkyLine.... and possibly...... RedSky2Night..... Bentley?????? Lets try to get together ...... there are noises in the A/C on Nscrbug's SKY... and we need to do a little research to see if we can find it.... the dealership cant...... Who is in? SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
144 Posts
I've got a previous engagement:brentil: I'm going to see a concert, Blackfoot and Molly Hatchet are playing out by the Rockford Speedway at the Forest Hills Lodge:thumbs:

I finally have my Avatar working:cheers:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Skybaby...Borrow Reds stethascope to check for Linda's A/C noises. I usta use one when I was a mechanic. Just change the end of it to a probe and watch those ear drums. I got a gut reaction that it is her compressor that is making the noise. Check where the lines, the small one is to condenser and the large one goes to evaporater, go thru the firewall and out to the front of the radiator. Maybe a grommet is missing or a tiedown is missing. Skip....noises are fun to track down.....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
If Friday isn't convenient for anyone, I'm open to getting together on another day...I just happen to have this Friday off, that's all. I agree with Skip...I do believe it's my compressor. But what I'm looking to find out is...if anyone else's A/C makes the same noises. I remember asking a few of you at the Sky Show in Downers Grove about this, and most of you said that your Sky didn't make any noise with the A/C on. I want to do a definitive comparison, so that when I go back to my dealer I can tell him that it's definitely NOT normal.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Skip,..... i got my OWN...... PINK STETHASCOPE... hehehehehe.. but hey, that may work.... Linda.. just let me know and i will be there..... i have only ran the a/c once... but, i can do it again... OLOLOLOL........ i will PM ya my number....SkyBaby-07

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Skip,..... i got my OWN...... PINK STETHASCOPE... hehehehehe.. but hey, that may work.... Linda.. just let me know and i will be there..... i have only ran the a/c once... but, i can do it again... OLOLOLOL........ i will PM ya my number....SkyBaby-07
Just remember to use a probe end on the scope. And watch the ears, because it will be amplified. Also dont get it caught in the drive belt, and watch your hair....Skip...I would come up there to help but it is kinda far......:lol: :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Skip said:
Just remember to use a probe end on the scope. And watch the ears, because it will be amplified. Also dont get it caught in the drive belt, and watch your hair....Skip...I would come up there to help but it is kinda far......:lol: :lol:

Maybe i should come down that way so you can show me just how to do that..... hmmmmm.... do ya reckon fartblossem will bite me iffin i do? SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
59 Posts
I can't make it, but I'm having the same problem. It just started this week and sounds awful. I only hear it with the AC on and it gets louder the more you press the gas. Also, is anyone getting a loud humming from the speakers with the radio off? It's some sort of an electrical interferance b/c it stops while I press the power window button and then comes back when I let off the button. I'm taking it in next week. If you're able to come up with anything let me know.

·
Registered
421 Posts
A/C what's that? I just put the top down when I want cool air. Seriously, I can't make it Friday...I have to work...first since May...out of vacation time...but I can do it Saturday...I was going to take my ride into the dealer for a little attitude adjustment...seems I've got the trunk lid alignment issue too, and the little rubber whatevers...but all these can wait. I'm happy to help. PM if you want to get together.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I wish I was up that way so I could go and listen to your A/C compared to mine! I wonder if they make the same weird noises?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
I just walked in after a week of vacation... (and over 800 miles on Sunni)
A/C What's that in 97 degree weather I leave the top down..
Seriously -- no strange noises from A/C for me -- in fact I often forget to turn it off... (When I do use it)

·
Registered
745 Posts
Available Sunday

Hey Nbug I haven't heard any noise from air, but if you want to listen to mine, I'm available Sunday. Maybe it is overcharged or undercharged causing compressor to make noise. Talk to ya Scott

·
Registered
351 Posts
I get a noise from my A/C also. I believe that it may be the compressor clutch.
It makes a chattering or grinding noise. This usually happens upon startup...at least for me.
By all means have it checked out but it may be normal.
My CJ-7 would make the same noise when the A/C clutch would deactivate the compressor.
Keep me posted on what you find out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts