Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Yip Suzuki said:
Which would you buy a pre 97 NSX or a Sky?
the Sky of course :thumbs: brand new, warranty, cool car, lower finance rates on a new car. My insurance quote was quite reasonable also. Always check that dang insurance rate before buying anything.

·
Registered
132 Posts
What's the NSX going for? If your looking for power and a unique exotic the NSX is the way to go. If you want a fun car to lower the top on go with the SKY. The NSX maint. fees are extremly high as well from what I've read on them so you may want to take that into consideration also.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Buzz Lightyear said:
Might be an unpopular choice around here, but I say NSX...it's going to hold it's value better than a SKY.
:agree: :agree: :agree:

·
Registered
104 Posts
personally wouldn't get a pre 97 anything, but that is just me. But the NSX is one sweet car.

·
Registered
277 Posts
NSX goes through Tires like no other car I know of!!

·
Super Moderator
11,194 Posts
To me they are just too very different cars. Gotta ask yourself what is more important to you...what are your needs or wants with the "new" car? Then go from there. Both are really cool cars and will get you looks. The NSX will hold retail better since it will be a rarer yet highly coveted car in the future. Only time will tell if the Sky will hold its value or go the way of the Miata.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I personally would take a Sky Red Line over a NSX but I would take a very very clean, extra low mileage NSX over a sky. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,640 Posts
My dad

My dad was way into the NSX for years - but coudl not find one at a reasonable price - he bought a Sky - I got to drive it a couples times last month.

I saw a super car review on TV some years ago - comparing the NSX to the likes of Ferrari and Lambourghini - the NSX pretty much beat or at least tied all the others for performance and features - but the reviewer said it could not be called a true super car because it was far too comfortable to drive than any of the others and was therefore a luxury car with super car performance. I saw another program where a guy who had alway dreamed of owning a Lambourghini and after getting to drive one for real decided that he should have skipped the drive and kept the illusion - in reality the car was way to harsh an environment to be in and too difficult to operate for any length of time.

·
Registered
514 Posts

The NSX is pretty much a collectors car. The thing was a driver's car. Still worshiped by a large part of the population. Say you buy a Redline for $30,000 or an NSX for $30,000, in 5 years the Sky would be worth $15,000 and the NSX still $30,000.

The used NSX can be a daily driver, good gas milage, reliable as hell, and nothing in the price range handles better (maybe an older Z06?).

I know a guy selling one for $26,000 here in San Diego and so tempted to buy it off him instead of the sky. He warned me a clutch job is needed and will be $3000 at Acura!

Watch out for the NSX insurance, all aluminum body panels are VERY expensive to repair (if you can even find a shop).

They are also underrated, they say top speed is 150 MPH, we had one up to over 180MPH on a deserted freeway in high school, they are no joke.

·
Registered
33 Posts
damm that guy needs to step his game up on the rims:lol:

anyways... I would take the NSX over the Sky anyday.... thats based on resale value alone.. but if looks could kill... the Sky is americas most wanted! that nsx looks very outdated in that pic!

·
Registered
14 Posts
no brainer.

NSXes are definitely a collectors item, and are still one of the hottest RELIABLE supercars out there.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Those Cars are Hott,.. I prefer the Supra Design to NSX, but only cause I liked Fast And Furious. (stupid reason, I know) Movie cars are fun to own, Heck, I still want to supe up a Delorian!!

But, Im not a mechanic & don't want to learn how to be anytime soon.... Too Busy,.. So, I want something NEW that is in warranty & won't break down anytime soon.:thumbs:

·
Registered
8 Posts
NSX is true Porche eater (from same period), not comparable to Sky in any way. Just hope you never need parts because they are out of sight if you can even find them.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Reality check:

If the 10-year out-the-door amortized costs were identical for NSX's and for Sky's, wouldn't half of us be driving NSX's?

Somebody go buy a 10 year old NSX, put 100000 miles on it, and tell me it is still worth what you paid for it and how much you spent for maintenance, insurance and upkeep.

If it sounds to good to be true, it probably is.

So to answer your question, if I was rich I would buy the 10 year old NSX for the driving experience. Since I am not rich, I would buy the Sky.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Im going to agree with the people who say that the NSX is a great car and all things considered is the better choice than a Sky but also agree that you are comparing two totally different automobiles.

Its like saying would you rather have Payton Manning or Manny Ramirez... they cost the same... so which one do I pick? I mean, what sport are you playing? What are trying to accomplish? I don't think Payton could make a play in left field off the monster nor would Manny be willing to put out the effort to read a defense. I think each car does some things fantastic, just are you looking for ... a touchdown or a homerun?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts