Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes folks, it is to be on October 21, 2006 the SHOW OFF event of the year... Let's drive down Ocean Drive and show those Masarattis, Lamberginis, and other OVER PRICED forgien SKY Wanna BEES a thing or two or three....:jester:

4:00pm We meet at at Snapper Creek - it has lots of space, is easy to find and worked well the last time. If you live on the east side of Miami you can meet us at the next stop... (but then you miss the fun drive down the Dolphin and save yourself two tolls!)

We drive off together up the turnpike then across the Dolphin (the 836) to where it becomes the 395 cross over the Macarthur Causway and stop at Watson park across from Parrott jungle to take some photos and pick up anyone who didn't want to meet at Snapper Creek.

I figure we would be at Watson Park at 5:00 given that we most likely will hang arround Snapper creek until 4:15 but then ya never know about traffic.

Ok, so then we take off from watson park and drive to South Pointe Park (its the furthest southern point at Miami Beach. We could meet stragglers there take photos and head up Ocean Drive from there.

I figure we would get to South Pointe Park at 5:45 and at 6:00 head north along Ocean drive - going all the way up to the 79th street causway where we could go west to eat at Shuckers a nice place to eat... outside on the intercoastal

I will print up some maps to hand out when we meet... just in case somebody gets cut off from the group... I use sunpass so if ya don't use sunpass you could get left in the dust. That would be sad... but then its not a problem from Watson park on...:cheers:

If yer planning to come Post it here!

Bob

·
Registered
351 Posts
Sounds good to me.

It would be fun if we all had GMRS two way radios. Just like the old 70's convoys with CBs. If anyone is interested I have a few I can bring along.

Is anyone still going to the Arby's car show on the ninth? I may drive down there myself.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
actually the next one would prob be OCT 14 i think ima do the cruise up north where ever it is..and this :)
Sounds good to me.

It would be fun if we all had GMRS two way radios. Just like the old 70's convoys with CBs. If anyone is interested I have a few I can bring along.

Is anyone still going to the Arby's car show on the ninth? I may drive down there myself.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Here is what our picture should look like just with a bunch of SKYS/SOLS in it....

·
Registered
450 Posts
count me in! :driving: Will meet everyone at Watsons Park. Might be bringing a friend.

way2fast....bring your RL !!! :)...ok...nevermind u are selling it

-karen

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Out of Town

Well, when I mentioned this get together to "my better half", she was interested. (In spite of what I posted in the old thread). Then she asked me the when, where & date, I told her Oct 21st Miami Beach. Then she "refreshed" my memory, unfortunately, we will be out of town that whole weekend. Universal Studios in Orlando is where we will be. My beautiful Sky will be parked in her garage, resting--:willy: We already have reservations on site for hotel and I bought annual passes for the family. Leaving the 20th, coming back Sunday night. :banghead: This was done last week, before the dates were settled here, so unfortunately, I'll have to take a rain check on this one--BUT, will look forward to the next one--:thumbs:

I do however want to wish all of you a safe and fun night and trip. While you guys are eating at Shuckers Saturday night, I'll be eating my 2-3 pound Maine lobster at Emerils, :cheers: reservations set for 9PM. So I will be thinking of you all--:D Keep in touch people, stay safe, drive carefully in MB and I'll catch yawl on the come back--:cool:

MB

·
Registered
351 Posts
actually the next one would prob be OCT 14 i think ima do the cruise up north where ever it is..and this :)
I won't be able to make the cruise up north but I will try to make the Arby's show on the 14th. I don't know how I came up with the ninth:willy:
Little Pie wants Ice Cream:lol:

I think the South Beach run will be a hoot!:thumbs:

·
Registered
14 Posts
70% certain I'll be there, won't know better 'til we get closer.
You have my permission to have a great time if I can't make it! :cheers:

-Ken

·
Registered
450 Posts
HI YA'LL!

I am unsure if I will be able to make this one....I am trying to go standby on my employee cruise...I will let you know when it gets closer. :)

karen

·
Registered
4 Posts
The New Enter

I Missed Out The The Keys Drive But Not The South Beach One, I Was 2 Weeks Ago At South Beach And Heads Were Turning When They Saw My Sky, Imagine 4 Sky's Or 5 Or 6 Or 7 :) :) :) :)

·
Registered
450 Posts
hi....where do you live? I keep seeing a Sky like yours in NMB. :cheers:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
HI YA'LL!

I am unsure if I will be able to make this one....I am trying to go standby on my employee cruise...I will let you know when it gets closer. :)

karen
its hard to compete with a cruise... :thumbs:

·
Registered
450 Posts
I Missed Out The The Keys Drive But Not The South Beach One, I Was 2 Weeks Ago At South Beach And Heads Were Turning When They Saw My Sky, Imagine 4 Sky's Or 5 Or 6 Or 7 :) :) :) :)

I went to South Beach the other day and I was getting the most looks with a BMW infront of me and a Porsche behind me. Same thing on Las Olas last weekend! I was hoping they were looking at me (and not my Sky)...:lol:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I went to South Beach the other day and I was getting the most looks with a BMW infront of me and a Porsche behind me. Same thing on Las Olas last weekend! I was hoping they were looking at me (and not my Sky)...:lol:
They may have been. :)

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
Are we not posting this on the SOL forum??

·
Registered
450 Posts
SunneySky...

I am thinkin you can see the cruise ships leave from Watsons Park ???
If so, if everyone wants to...meet up at Watsons Park at 4:30 (ships set sail) to watch them go by ????

-karen :)

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sure, let's post it

Are we not posting this on the SOL forum??
Gee, I have never actually been to the solstice forum. There welcome to come. If you have a login there please go ahead and post this there. :thumbs:

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
SunneySky...

I am thinkin you can see the cruise ships leave from Watsons Park ???
If so, if everyone wants to...meet up at Watsons Park at 4:30 (ships set sail) to watch them go by ????

-karen :)
Sounds good to me. I have never watched them leave from Watsons park but I have seen them from my boat and from the pier on the jetty at the extremem southern end of South Beach. Its always fun to see the giants cruise out of the harbor... If we actually meet 15 minutes early and depart snapper creek by 4:00 we ought to be at the park by 4:30.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
DONE:thumbs:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts