Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Saturday night after the Dragon banquet a few members took it upon themselves to go run the Dragon one last time.

update as of 7:30PM August 10th I spoke with ICU nurse and there is no change, Keith is still in critical but stable condition. If you would like to send cards the address is: Mission Hospital, 509 Biltmore Avenue, Asheville NC 28801, ICU Neuro Trauma unit room J-405

Keith Wolven aka Capone was driving the Dragon and on their way back to Fontana Village when his car missed a curve and flew sideways into a tree. Killing Nellie Tubbs (bntn)instantly. Myself, Pursuit, Tasha and Pepper went to the hospital (Mission Hospital in Asheville NC) yesterday afternoon with his personal belongings. We met with his wife who told us he is in critical condition with head trauma, head lacerations, right side body lacerations and a possible back fracture. He was taken for a CAT scan later that afternoon. His wife has my phone number to call us with updates on his condition and I will report back here. This was Keith's first time coming to an event and the first time coming to the Dragon. He had a wonderful weekend with all of us. We will post some of his Zip line pictures here later today.
Lets send our prayers to his family, for a speedy recovery and prayers for Nellie Tubbs family who must deal with her death now.

I would also ask the members to please keep all of us that were at the Dragon this weekend to keep us in your prayers as well. We have all been suffering terribly since late Saturday night and we could use the support of all of you to help us get through this terrible loss of life.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Please, get well soon. Wish you all the best!

·
Registered
177 Posts
We are praying for you Keith and Nellie's family too.

·
Registered
202 Posts
My heart is breaking for all involved and impacted by this tragedy. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you all.
Kim~ we thank you for your strength to keep us informed.

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Keith, I wish you a speedy recovery.

My love and thoughts to all that were there.

:grouphug:

·
Registered
684 Posts
This is very sad. On my way back to my motel in Robbinsville, a sheriffs car hauling butt in the oposite direction passed me and I thought to myself how terrible and dangerous these twisties are at night time. a few moments later a fire rescue and a ambulance passsed as well and then I knew that it had to be a accident and I prayed to the allmighty that it wasn't one of us. I am saddened to hear it was. My prayers go out.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Our thoughts and prayers go out to all involved.

·
Registered
2,874 Posts
Prayers are with him and his family. :grouphug:

Thanks for posting Chili. Please let us know if it would be ok for us to send cards and get well wishes to the hospital. I know I would like to do so to show him and his family my support. It might be really nice if he got a ton of cards from all of us, but I know some people don't take that well. If it would be ok, could we have the hospital address or website to get the mailing info?

Thanks!
:grouphug:

·
Premium Member
823 Posts
My sympathies and best wishes for a speedy and complete recovery go out to Keith, his wife, and their family.

·
Registered
17,411 Posts
This is the first real tragedy of an event...and the first fatality of a member of our kappa family that has been posted..

Get well Keith but it is a solemn time for all of us.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
I cant imagine what you all are feeling. I am so sorry for this accident. Prayers and Get well wishes to both families and to everyone who attended...If there is anything I can do to help.. talk etc... just ask. SkyBaby

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
I am proud, but sadden, to join with other forum members in prayer.
:angel:​

·
Registered
259 Posts
Prayers to Keith for a speedy recovery and Nellie's family to help them with their loss.

Chili- I think IHawk has a nice suggestion, if you think it would be OK to post the hospital address, etc.

Toni

1 - 20 of 60 Posts