Saturn Sky Forum banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
If you weren't getting any heat with the heat on, that sounds a lot like air in the system. That method shown above I have done twice now, once after a coolant flush and then following the WP replacement. It works really well to get the air out. I recommend it frequently, I don't even bother with the disconnecting of the coolant tank and raising it method.

If you got that much air out, that might simply be all it was and no need to replace the t-stat then so that's good news. I would still do the check valves as they are fairly simple to install. I've been contemplating adding them myself as just insurance since they are relatively inexpensive and simply installed. Keep us posted on the results, worst case scenario you still have to do the t-stat. It's not a difficult job just difficult to access everything.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I have to say i absolutely love doing the burping method on Tim’s video

after installing valves (easy - used olive oil)
And burping it again it has not seen a temp over 205
I returned the tstat already

so $30 for the fix - Awesome

thanks to all here who helped !
After all, that’s what this site is for

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
If you weren't getting any heat with the heat on, that sounds a lot like air in the system. That method shown above I have done twice now, once after a coolant flush and then following the WP replacement. It works really well to get the air out. I recommend it frequently, I don't even bother with the disconnecting of the coolant tank and raising it method.

If you got that much air out, that might simply be all it was and no need to replace the t-stat then so that's good news. I would still do the check valves as they are fairly simple to install. I've been contemplating adding them myself as just insurance since they are relatively inexpensive and simply installed. Keep us posted on the results, worst case scenario you still have to do the t-stat. It's not a difficult job just difficult to access everything.
Thanks - I actually thought about replacing the tstat anyway just to have a new one in but after seeing how people have had defective new ones I just returned it

61 - 63 of 63 Posts