Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was puliing up to a curb and.......I thought I had stopped before it......,SCRAPE! I scraped the very bottom of my airdam....*#@&!! You cant see it unless u lay down in front of the car.....but still!!!!! I have already ordered touch up and will get down there and deburr it... then a touchup and buff. HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE???....misery loves company...plus I wont feel like an idiot.:brentil:

on the great side.....I purchased a aftermarket warranty and when we signed I didnt notice the $100 dollar deductable....I called my dealer they said it was a $200 upgraded warranty to not have a deductable....then Dan thought about it for a moment and ..."hey dont worry about it you guys were great" re the mixup on our original car order (wrong color paint.)....they will have new paperwork reflecting the change to the upgrade with no deductable tommorrow......... these guys are really a good dealership!:thumbs:

·
Registered
478 Posts
I did this with a parking spot stop block. I never understood the need for stop blocks. They are always too high and hit the car :brentil:

I have not yet asked the dealer how much to fix it.

·
Super Moderator
11,486 Posts
If it makes you feel any better I got one of those parking blocks and went so far over that when I backed out I ripped (yes ripped) the plastic rivits out of the bumper that hold the front of the fender well to the bumper off the car. I didn't know it until I heard a scraping sound when I got home. By then the holes for the rivits on the fender well molding were gone and I had to cut it off. Will be replacing when funds allow but still.

I feel your pain.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
3,491 Posts
chris67 said:
I was puliing up to a curb and.......I thought I had stopped before it......,SCRAPE! HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE ELSE???....:thumbs:
No. It hasn't happened to "anybody else."

It has happened to "everybody else."

Feel better?

·
Registered
900 Posts
I just posted yesterday about scraping my chin :banghead:

·
1st Known SKY RedLine Owner!
1,012 Posts
I'm really concerned about my driveway. I think i'm going to have my skirt redone so its a smoother incline. Then just back the car in.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Yep - happened to me the night I brought it home :willy: . We picked it up in the afternoon and stopped off for a bite to eat. Parking lot, concrete stop block, new low SKY - SCRAPE!

Can't see it unless you crawl under the front end. At least I got the first boo-boo out of the way early on.

:D

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This Forum Rocks!!!!

Thanx everybody!! I have been beating myself up all day...but it is good...and bad??!! to know that I'm not the only one to do this. I can feel your pain!

And I can just see>>>
Across the country various women and men from all walks of life....reacting exactly the same....
......the scrape...oh no!..put it in reverse....put it in reverse!!....get down on hands and knees.....OH YE GODS!! ITS SCRAPED!!!....run your fingers over it.. oh no the plastic is rough!!.....oh my baby...what have I done?.....

..maybe no one will notice...well I know! and it's really bugging me....check the front bumper has it compressed?....are the side markers now just a little bit out of alignment??!!...I seem to remember them being better aligned!....Oh why no photos close up of this portion of the car.....foolish! foolish!...the bumper seems fine...

....oh wait it does move a bit!...was it tighter before?!!..oh man I dont remember!....I am such an idiot!...OK the bumper seems fine...wait that gap between the chrome bit and the hood is different...it seems 1/16th of an inch different on the left!...do I have a ruler in the car?!!....no of course not!...what kind of fool drives around without a ruler!...

.... I will get to a Saturn dealer right now I will get the touch up paint...some buffing it will be all right....yes , yes it will be ALLRIGHT!.... ALLRIGHT I SAY!!...I should've stayed home today!....This is just a dream..a very bad dream....

What is crazy is I KNOW....... that was the exact series of thoughts that went through several peoples minds......:lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
A couple of valium and a shot ought ta calm ya down...Skip...scrapped ah crap now I got ta even it out. Lets see iffen that one over there can scrap tha other side as good....:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
2,686 Posts
I got mine going into a parking lot with a steep incline. I even turned into it but that wasn't enough. :mad: Love my Little Missy but there are some places we just can't go. :willy:

·
Registered
421 Posts
Guess we'll just call it a Sky-scrapper! Seemed like a natural post. Anyway it's on the bottom right? Only people who will ever see it most likely are the ones we run over! :D

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Hey Chris,

I have been so very very careful not to join the ranks of the "sky skrapers" but a few days after I met you and your wife in SR, I did the same dang thing. All that attentiveness didn't pay off. I should have just took it first day and rammed it over a curb so that I didn't stress over it as much as I did.

I'm leaving mine as is, can't see it unless your laying under the front end. And if your laying under the front end of my car, you'll probably have more to worry about than the few scrapes under my bumper. :jester:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
Have a little chip in the paint on the under the lower nose. The car rolled forward and I was too close. Will get it fixed in due time but I anticipate there will be other things to fix.Like that stone chip on the grey surrounding part of the windshield. Why is it when I take out my Sky every dump truck in the world is looking for me, and when they find me there looking so hard in the mirror they run off the road and throw stones.:brentil:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Been there Done that.... seems to be all i can say....... does make me want to :banghead: every time it happens... yes, more than once.....SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yep, I've done it too. I didn't hit a park block but did scrape the underside of my front bumper coming down a steep driveway to a level road.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have a feeling that the RedLine has lower clearance in the front. I never heard a scrape with a base model but yesterday I filled up a RedLine and heard a scrape leaving the station. It is virtually impossible to have a perfect car today. Even if you keep it mint, someone else will hunt you down in the parking lot and ruin your day. I saw a grey Sky the other day and the bumpers were all marked up. The car looked ugly.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts