Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you who change your own oil and rotate your own tires. Does anyone know what the tightning down torque value is on the oil pan plug? Do you replace the washer after every oil change? Is it the "crimp" type washer? Metal? or Plastic?

What is the torque for the bolts holding your wheels on?

Finally, when lubing your Sky, are there lube joints that require grease or are they all sealed? I would suspect these would only be found on the front end steering & turning controls--

Thanks for any info--
MB

·
Registered
290 Posts
Well, with most GM cars, you shouldn't have to change your washer until 100,000 miles unless it's leaking. Torque settings are usually 22-lbs. Lube points are sealed and do not need greasing. Not sure on the lug nuts.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Torque for tighten

- Oil pan drain plug: 30 Nm / 22 lb ft. The washer is metal (some kind of copper). Change if damaged.

- Oil filter cap: 25 Nm / 18 lb ft. There is a rubber O-ring seal. Change if damaged.

- Lug nuts: 95 Nm / 70 lb ft.

Do not over torque! Over torquing may damage the threads! Use a torque wrench.

·
Premium Member
7,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Torque for tighten

- Oil pan drain plug: 30 Nm / 22 lb ft. The washer is metal (some kind of copper). Change if damaged.

- Oil filter cap: 25 Nm / 18 lb ft. There is a rubber O-ring seal. Change if damaged.

- Lug nuts: 95 Nm / 70 lb ft.

Do not over torque! Over torquing may damage the threads! Use a torque wrench.
Thanks man, you gave me exactly what I was looking for I appreciate it--:thumbs:

PS both of you guys--

1 - 4 of 4 Posts