Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ready to start planning our Aug. Meet and Greet!

Nighttamer says he's coming! So am I!:yesnod:

Aug 12 , Saturday is the Day!

That gives us 2 1/2 weeks to decide on a route.:eek:

I have suggested to most of you (Rocky Mountain Solstice and Sky Club) that we postpone our Estes Park Meet till September 16th, when Aspenrose will be out here from WI.

So depending on who wants to come and where to start- anywhere open for suggestions.

Carol and I have pre run Coal Creek, if that is desired and some of you have done other twisties. Too bad the flood shut off the Decker's area for a run, it's nice. Mt. Evans hasn't been tried yet by us. Carol and I are going to test out the Winter Park area for possibilities next Saturday. Maybe even push it further North to the Snowy's.

Some of you don't have a Sol or Sky yet, but surly you have some mode of transportation that you could use. As we found in KC- it's the people that count.:grouphug:

java 43 do you know of any more skys that might want to do runs with us? I haven't had much time to keep track of new Sky member from our area to invite them to our meets.:cheers:

Come on, back!

RSVP!:thumbs:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
That sounds like fun..... oh... BTW... there is a RED... and a WHITE SOL at Lou Bachrodt Auto Mall on E.State Street in Rockford....... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rky Mt.-AUG 12th Meet and Greet!

Looks like the Meet for Aug 12th is as follows: Leave Ft.Collins at 9am., drive up the Poudre Canyon to Walden, Co(2hour 21 min. 104miles); Drive Walden to Winter Park(1hour and 42 min. 76.6 miles); Drive winter Park through Estes Park (2hours, 21 min. 83.3 miles) to FT Collins(ihour, 10 min., 47 miles). Meet over. Looking into Lunch on the way and if late coming home-Supper.
:cheers:
As you decide to attend let me know and I'll add you to the list below.

Attending List:
whitefang-Ft Collins
nighttammer-Evanston,WY
buggsy63-Sheridan,WY

·
Registered
37 Posts
Are there any SKY's in the Rocky Mountain Area?

I was wondering if there are any, other than Java, SKY's in the Rocky Mountain Area?
White Fang has posted the meets and has had no response.
It sounds like during this meet we will be discussing the schedule for meets next year. We would like to see some Sky presence there, even if you don't have your car yet.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aug 12th, Rocky Mountain Meet Update!

Looks like the Meet for Aug 12th is as follows: Leave Ft.Collins at 9:30 am., drive up the Big Thompson Canyon to Estes Park, CO (1 hour 10 min. 47miles); Drive into Rocky Mountain National Park by way of the Fall River Entrance to Grand Lake(3 hours, 73.3 miles) making sure we stop and take lots of PIC's along the way; Eat at the Grand Lake Lodge. There is plenty of parking at the Grand Lake Lodge and a great view from the dinning room of the lakes. Here we can talk and plan activities for the Club. Return through Rocky Mountain National Park to Estes Park (2 hours, 21 min. 73.3 miles) to Longmont, CO (1 hour, 10 min., 47 miles). If late coming home-Supper in Niwot- Tad knows a nice little place.

If you're not on the List. Contact whitefang and I'll add you and look foreword to enjoying your company .:thumbs:

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok,OK,Ok!

I give up , there are NO Skys in the Rocky Mountain Area that are interested in participating in a Meet.:willy:
Sorry to have bothered everyone.
:deadhorse

·
Registered
482 Posts
whitefang said:
I give up , there are NO Skys in the Rocky Mountain Area that are interested in participating in a Meet.:willy:
Sorry to have bothered everyone.
:deadhorse
John

MY wife and I plan to be in the Front Range area and want to attend the Sept. 16th meet. Glad you changed to Estes Park since we are going to stay in Central City. I will e-mail you in a few weeks to conferm....Maverick.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok!

Maverick said:
John

MY wife and I plan to be in the Front Range area and want to attend the Sept. 16th meet. Glad you changed to Estes Park since we are going to stay in Central City. I will e-mail you in a few weeks to conferm....Maverick.
Glad to have you come to our Sept meet. Will tell others where you're stay'in. Maybe we can do a drive by and pick you up or meet you in Estes Park. Let us know more when you're plans are set up.

john

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great Meet-Aug 12th RMNP

Today we missed java 43 -SkyRoadster forum and buggsy63- Solstice forum, neither could make the trip. Hopefully they and others of you can make other meets we will have.
This morning we met at whitefang's house. Cool overcast day, but still top down. Drove through Ft. Collins around Horsetooth Lake to Masonville,CO. Through the twisties, past the Bike racers, to the Big Thompson Canyon. We were able to maintain some speed through the Thompson twisties to Drake. Here is where the fun really started. No one in front of us on the road to Glen Haven and the back door to Estes Park. Whitefang in the lead followed by thaasco and nighttammer. Averaged double the posted speed on the curves and 15mph over the posted straightaways. WOW! I had a great time. I even got a
from TAD! Stopped in Glen Haven for some fresh Cinnamons- couldn't resist the smell of fresh baked Cinnamon rolls, had to have some. Continued up through the hairpin to the Stanley Hotel. The sun was "SHINING" as we made our way past the guard- couldn't remember name of wedding we were in but we parked at the hotel and ventured through it while Tad kept a lookout at the cars. When the rest of us came back to the cars the RAIN started. PIC's show some of the rain portion. In and out of rain all morning- took vote lets go eat we've all been up here a few times. Fortunately no lightning. Ate a great lunch at the Grand Lake Lodge and talked for 2 hours. Decided to go home via the Berthod Pass to I-70. Here Van and Stephanie went west toward Salida and Tad and I came home via the twisties and tunnels of Rt.6 to Golden and then to Boulder,Longmont, and Ft.Collins. HAD A GREAT TIME!

http://groups.msn.com/RockyMountainS...nw?albumlist=2

1 - 9 of 9 Posts