Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
See my signature ... I've been very patient ... so far.

"Fell In Love with the first Sky picture I saw" 7 months ago ...

"Deposited" 3 1/2 months ago ...

"Imaged" 7+ weeks ago ...

"Produced" 4+ weeks ago ...

but nothing since ...

been at status 3800 FOREVER!

I grow tired reading this forum and hearing my friends enjoying their Skys while I just wait ... Makes me think of the opening lines from one of my favorite movies ... "They sit in Casablanca and wait .. and wait ... and wait ..."

WHAT IS GOIN' ON?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Better get on the phone and start bitchin! That's garbage! I hope you get it soon!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I talk to the dealership sales manager weekly ... what can he do if my Sky has not shipped yet from the factory?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
4,853 Posts
bubbacc said:

but nothing since ...

I grow tired reading this forum and hearing my friends enjoying their Skys while I just wait ... Makes me of the opening lines from one of my favorite movies ... "They sit in Casablanca and wait .. and wait ... and wait ..."

WHAT IS GOIN' ON?
My order number is 9 less than yours, with a TPW of 3/31 and no movement at all for the entire month of April. Be happy you got to 38 and have a VIN. At this point, I'm trying to stay away from the forum because it's been driving me nuts. I think that would work if everyone I know wasn't asking me about it every day.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
It seems to be taking a long time to get them shipped. I hear there is a problem with the car hauling people GM has always used, but who knows whether that is the cause. Seems like Marlboro Mike waited a long time from production to shipping. Fell off the truck? The train robbers? They can track mad cows, why not a car? No help, I know, but I empathize. :confused: Maybe it will arrive any day and you won't remember all this agony.

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
bubbacc said:

but nothing since ...

I grow tired reading this forum and hearing my friends enjoying their Skys while I just wait ... Makes me of the opening lines from one of my favorite movies ... "They sit in Casablanca and wait .. and wait ... and wait ..."

WHAT IS GOIN' ON?
Saw the Sky last summer (late June)...

Put a deposit down last July...

Placed my order last January and put more money down...

I call once a week and hear SPA...:banghead:

Not preferenced, No TPW, No delilvery date!!:brentil:

How did you get ahead of me in line???!!!!:mad:

Consider yourself lucky...You know it's on the way. Will I see mine before September or October? Will it come in May or June like the dealer is hoping?

·
Registered
4,876 Posts
Think of pphjj5, he was first to order (#1 on the list so imaged in January) at our dealership. So far #2 has been delivered - I THINK #3 is there and I am #4 with a TPW (for what it is worth) and he has no car yet!!:banghead: :mad: :banghead:

·
Registered
256 Posts
I know how this frustration feels. I put my deposit down last year some point. I was imaged in early March and still nothing for me. I know some have waited longer but it seems like some people get one right away. It's driving me crazy to read about everyone else getting their SKY while I'm still waiting. I have a TPW of 5/8 and I live within a few hours of the factory so I'm still holding out hope that it's here by the middle of June. I don't call my dealership very often because I know they can't do anything but relay what's on the order. They have been excellent about faxing me a copy of the order when it updates. Thankfully, I have stuff to keep me busy right now like:

- Finishing Grad School this semester
- Finishing the garage (Drywall and sanding is complete)
- Work has been really busy with the merger of MCI and Verizon

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sky production

The total production till end of march was 1262 units. Take that 262 away for preproduction and other issues there where ~ 1000 for all the customers. The produchtion in April I think should be round about 1000 and these are all for the customers. If there where no new problems with quality or transportion a lot of you will get your cars in may which IMO is the best month to get a new roadster.
So be :D

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
850 Posts
I ordered mine on 7 Jan, VIN is 998, and I just took delivery Wednesday. Took almost 4 weeks from the time it was shipped to delivery. Since you are in the Big D area, expect the same amount of time once they tell you it was shipped. However, they are suppose to be spending a good amount of time QCing them, so once you get your car, you should be able to enjoy vice waiting for any service bulletins to be fixed.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Patience GRASSHOPPER, it will be worth it all to get everything the way you want. The delay could be anything, more than likely it sitting waiting for enough cars to build up to head this way. Once shipped should take about 13 days to get here, a day or so longer to get to Abilene possibly. Mine was built 3/14 shipped 3/17 received and drove away 3/30,. Maybe it is held up for fender well issue? Rumor has it a bunch were pulled back off to correct the problem, STRICTLY hear say though!! You are getting MSRP you know. All of the ones up here that were not ordered for someone have lasted 2 days tops.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm glad I didn't have to wait as long as you are man. I got lucky I guess and found a dealer that was able to move stuff through fast for me. I made my request late March got my image 2 weeks later because 2 people in front of me couldn't come up with the money in time :thumbs: and the status of my car was shipped as of April 19th:) . Reading through experiences of others on the forums it seems crazy that I'm already getting my car any day now. I feel for you as the anticipation is killing me after waiting such a short time.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
I live very close to the plant where the Skys are made. My dealership is, of course, close too. I am told that shipping can take anywhere from 3-12 weeks right now. In fact, I was informed that even though my dealership is only about 10 miles from the plant itself, that some of its Skys are going completely across country and back again before being delivered. Odd.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
SKYtime said:
I live very close to the plant where the Skys are made. My dealership is, of course, close too. I am told that shipping can take anywhere from 3-12 weeks right now. In fact, I was informed that even though my dealership is only about 10 miles from the plant itself, that some of its Skys are going completely across country and back again before being delivered. Odd.

SKY on parade..... UGH...... i feel bad for that..... but,,,,,, the waiting is WELL worth it.... JUST DONT GIVE UP..... yours will be here sooner than you think....SkyBaby-07

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I will eventually cancel it and order the RL. I don't want to get my car in September and have to store it for the winter. The RL should be available by the spring of 2007 here.

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
7 months, that's it? I had my car on order for 10 months. :D

Your car is probably being held up by the wheel well fixes people are talking about.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts