Saturn Sky Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So if the dealer called me on Tuesday (at 4:37) and he "pushes the button" that sends the message to DE, how long should I anticipate it should take. I've read some threads that are stating that Saturn is down to about a 4 week "order - to - receive" dates, however, does it also determine how far they have to deliver the car? I would assume so. So, I have to consider drive time from DE to CA, right? Does anyone know what the expected "drive time" should be? I was told by my dealership that it's about 15 days, however, from what I've read (if accurate), it seems to be much less time than that. Also (I'm just super curious), is it possible that if I ordered a Silver Graphite (which is common), black top, premium trim, chrome wheels... that seems like it would be a pretty common order. Is it AT ALL POSSIBLE that there is already a car made that matches my order? If so, would that car possibly be considered to be used as a "pre-order" car? Now that the ball is rolling, you know I am itching to get it. I'm busting at the seams.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
So if the dealer called me on Tuesday (at 4:37) and he "pushes the button" that sends the message to DE, how long should I anticipate it should take. I've read some threads that are stating that Saturn is down to about a 4 week "order - to - receive" dates, however, does it also determine how far they have to deliver the car? I would assume so. So, I have to consider drive time from DE to CA, right? Does anyone know what the expected "drive time" should be? I was told by my dealership that it's about 15 days, however, from what I've read (if accurate), it seems to be much less time than that. Also (I'm just super curious), is it possible that if I ordered a Silver Graphite (which is common), black top, premium trim, chrome wheels... that seems like it would be a pretty common order. Is it AT ALL POSSIBLE that there is already a car made that matches my order? If so, would that car possibly be considered to be used as a "pre-order" car? Now that the ball is rolling, you know I am itching to get it. I'm busting at the seams.
just to compare, my dealer in Santa rosa said it should take about 11 days. So I've been telling myself 2 weeks. give or take a couple

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
OMG.... a few weeks would BE AWESOME.... i ordered my image on 3-16-06...... when do you think i will get mine.. USMC?.... soon?.. by the end of MARCH... middle of April? SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
SkyBaby said:
OMG.... a few weeks would BE AWESOME.... i ordered my image on 3-16-06...... when do you think i will get mine.. USMC?.... soon?.. by the end of MARCH... middle of April? SkyBaby-07
I got mine on 3/13 and judging by whats happening to everyone else, I'm gonna guess mid April it will be built but add on about 11 or so days for shipping.... so end of april?

MOMDRAE, did her image at my dealership around Feb 20th or so, and she found out today its built (roughly 1 month) so figure it will ship by end of next week and that puts the time from image to delivery at about 6 weeks!!!

of course, this is total speculation.. but I think you and I will be racing each other mid to late april!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Mine was "ordered" March 8 ... my dealer said 6 to 8 weeks ... so I'm expecting my Sky first week of May

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
I'm hoping for May 11th. Hmm... I'd better start working on cleaning out the garage. :lol:

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
SkyBaby said:
Ordered mine same day as you SkyBaby, When you get yours I should have mine. Skip.....:cheers:

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
rick112 said:
I'm hoping for May 11th. Hmm... I'd better start working on cleaning out the garage. :lol:
I like that date also. If one of us has a build date of 03/20/06, dont you think they would build a batch of them. They are going to have a few components that are different from the cars in the States, ie: guages, lables in french and english ect. wishful thinking :willy: :willy:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Okay, so just to bring this thread back to the top.... no one really answered my original question. Does anyone know if any of the cars that are made before we pre-order, could possibly be delegated as a pre-order? Hence, the lack of time on the assembly line? And then..... are there any trucks that have already driven from DE to CA? If so, does anyone know the est. drive time?

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
Okay, so just to bring this thread back to the top.... no one really answered my original question. Does anyone know if any of the cars that are made before we pre-order, could possibly be delegated as a pre-order? Hence, the lack of time on the assembly line? And then..... are there any trucks that have already driven from DE to CA? If so, does anyone know the est. drive time?
Not sure what you mean by "pre-order" I never pre-ordered anything. My dealer put me on a list and when my image came in, I ordered. If by "pre-order" you mean when you gave your dealer what you wanted and he noted it down and then entered that into an image later, then I would have to guess that Saturn never knew about your "pre-order"

I think dealers just did that so that when the image came in the could process your real order as quickly as possible. Thats just a guess though. I don't think that info ever got passed to anyone outside of your dealership.

on the second part--- Santa rosa's demo is on the truck.. I will PM you and Post upon its arrival. I'm actually leaving to home depot in a minute.. I'm going to do a driveby of the dealership to see if its there cause my call I just made went to voicemail. (maybe their out driving!!) hehe

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,238 Posts
Angelqute and I and a number of others put down deposits long before the images and the ordering was available. Since the pre-orders were only a dealer thing not associated with Saturn (at least that's what I understand went on up here), I think we all basically ordered at about the same time. I'm assuming that groups of cars will be delivered at the same time. I'm guessing that a group of cars will go to CA and a group of cars will arrive in Ontario etc.

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
5,953 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
In theory , Saturn is rolling cars off the assembly line. Most are already alloted to the imaged people. The rest are like waiting for someone that wants what is already made. I would assume that the preorder that you talk about is what you wanted from your dealer when he imaged your order. Saturn will match your image with what they have and ship to your dealer by rail and truck. Now shipping takes a while. Sometimes a week sometimes 2 weeks. Other than what I have said I don't know. Skip....:cheers:

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, I guess all I can say is "Patience IS a virtue"... and in the same breath... virtue, schmirtew... right? I have very, very, very little patience left now. See, it was all gravy the first nine months that I had my deposit down, but now that it's about time to give birth, I'm getting very antsy. Hey, my daughter was almost 3 weeks late, and I was like, "get her the hell outta me NOW!!!!!", but worse, because I was a big fat pregnant woman with the strength of Superman at the time. Now, I'm not so "swollen" so-to-speak, just antsy. Good Grief. Maybe for my birthday I will become a little more wise and a little more patient, yes? yes?

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
Well, I guess all I can say is "Patience IS a virtue"... and in the same breath... virtue, schmirtew... right? I have very, very, very little patience left now. See, it was all gravy the first nine months that I had my deposit down, but now that it's about time to give birth, I'm getting very antsy. Hey, my daughter was almost 3 weeks late, and I was like, "get her the hell outta me NOW!!!!!", but worse, because I was a big fat pregnant woman with the strength of Superman at the time. Now, I'm not so "swollen" so-to-speak, just antsy. Good Grief. Maybe for my birthday I will become a little more wise and a little more patient, yes? yes?

I was told that some of the.. PRE-PRODUCTION cars, before they decided they were commerce ready... are being allocated as IMAGED... and i was told that as the few they have left are available they will see which ones FIT...images/orders of WAITERS.. and possibly could be used for that... HOPE THAT HELPS...... sry to get off topic...... SkyBaby-07

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Angelqute1 said:
My understanding is that all cars are pre-ordered from a dealer at least. The factory does not build any cars that are not allocated to go to a dealer.

·
Registered
138 Posts
nighttripper, another waiting canadain. did you already get your build date. if so, i need to tear a strip off my dealer. they can't give me that yet. i'snt may 11 the dealer showing date in canada?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
her sky said:
nighttripper, another waiting canadain. did you already get your build date. if so, i need to tear a strip off my dealer. they can't give me that yet. i'snt may 11 the dealer showing date in canada?
No, I never asked for one as my salesperson was not in the last time I was there. I'm not one to impose myself. I have learned to be patient believe it or not. I know it will get here eventually, and once there is some news available they will contact me as they have in the past.My understanding is that May 11th is the big date for the Sky promotions of some sort.

·
Registered
16 Posts
travel time

I "ordered" mine on the 17th. I live in louisiana and they are telling me here that it usually takes 3 weeks for cars to arrive from DE!!

·
First 2000 Sr. Member
8,861 Posts
SlidinSky said:
I "ordered" mine on the 17th. I live in louisiana and they are telling me here that it usually takes 3 weeks for cars to arrive from DE!!

from date of image order? SkyBaby-07

1 - 20 of 35 Posts